Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 New KP61 KP60 Starlet Front Suspension solution from Techno Toy Tuning! [Archived]
Author Post
Gabriel Tyler

2323 posts [100%]

New KP61 KP60 Starlet Front Suspension solution from Techno Toy Tuning! Reply  Edit

The front suspension design on the KP61 has was always a "budget design" from Toyota. It utilized the swaybar as the TC (castor) Rod, which made it very hard to get precise steering feedback and stability at high speeds and while cornering.

Our rally customers requested a solution that would convert to a separate TC Rod and swaybar setup in order to provide the better handling of the AE86.

We aim to please, so this is exactly what we've done!

This complete solution includes:

1. Our fully boxed and fabricated adjustable lower control arms
2. Our fully adjustable TC Rods (adjustable from stock to 6 degrees caster if necessary)
3. Modular racing swaybar with that is adjustable for tension and allows you to choose your swaybar stiffness.
4. Heim jointed adjustable endlinks with urethane bushings on the lower mounting point.
5. Front chassis brace/mount that bolts to the stock chassis in 10 factory locations.

All parts are powdercoated or plated for rust prevention.

Requires the use of AE86 stock steering knuckles and strut casings or coilovers (but most everyone considering doing this conversion has already switched to these parts anyways). It is possible to run factory AE86 lower control arms to reduce the price by $350

Total price on the kit with everything pictured is $1125

Contact us through our website at http://www.technotoytuning.com or call us at 530-626-7334 for questions.

Thanks for looking!

Techno Toy Tuning

ZTS

230 posts [100%]
Los Angeles CA

Gabriel Tyler » Reply  Edit

Wow!

I hope T3 would also make the AE86 rearend and AE86 swaybar bolt on to the KP61,
by fabbing up a subframe or something, so that you would not have to modify the AE86 rearend mounting points.

Gabriel Tyler

2323 posts [100%]

Re: (ZTS) » Reply  Edit

We have a 4 link kit already for the KP61. I do not have something to make the AE86 rear end a direct bolt onto the KP61. What most people do is to cut off the factory KP61 mounting brackets and weld them onto the AE86 rear end.

This would be the simple and easy way to swap the AE86 or TA22 rear end under the KP.

Techno Toy Tuning

ZTS

230 posts [100%]
Los Angeles CA

Gabriel Tyler » Reply  Edit

Yeah, itís the simplest way.

But the problem is, sometimes fabrication shops weld the KP61 brackets wrong,
and it messes up the KP61ís handling.
Therefore you end up spending more to correct their mistake.

Maybe Iíll just have to find a reputable fabricator to weld the KP61 brackets correctly,
so that the job gets done right the first time.

Thanks Gabe for continuing to make parts for Starlets.

D-Lish

3442 posts [100%]
Orange CA

» Reply  Edit

Go Techno Toy Tuning!

Merry Motoring!
http://battleversion.com :thumbup:
Rainbuhdrawp
derektron AT yahoo.com
On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion- Speed Levitch
strmrdr23

661 posts [100%]
Beacon Hill/Seattle WA

» Reply  Edit

thumbs up!

Showing off is a fool's idea of glory - Bruce Lee
yonwd

63 posts [100%]
Waukegan Illinois

» Reply  Edit

Awesome! Thank you! Now to save up for it.
stupidstuff

157 posts [100%]
The secret valley Ca

» Reply  Edit

Email inbound. I dont want you to have a part available for my car I dont have after all.
AE25

127 posts [99%]
Auckland

» Reply  Edit

great work!
just wandering if there's a set of four rubber bushes for lower mounting point of swaybar endlink?
Would it be an idea to add a crush tube under the very front bolt of sway bar or is it plenty strong enough?
For competitiveness.. in your opinion would the strength be affected if the center section was cut out of the main box tube?
Any optional bolt-on tow hook available?
chur

Modified by AE25 at 2:27 PM 2/1/2012

-Mark
ke20, ke25, ke26, ke70, te71, ae82, kp60, st185.
http://www.toycrazy.net
Gabriel Tyler

2323 posts [100%]

Re: (AE25) » Reply  Edit

Haha...I see I forgot the urethane swaybar endlink bushings in the pic. Yes, it comes with 4 bushings for the lower swaybar mount.

On the 4 mounting bolts they are right up against the center beam, and use the beam itself as the crush tube (we did address this in the design) The material on the straps is very thick as well.

I'm definitely going to add in an bolt on tow hook solution as well! It'll be affordable and replaceable if there is any damage to it.

The main box tube is not at all super heavy. I don't think it would be worth drilling lightening holes.

Techno Toy Tuning

oldeskewltoy

13133 posts [99%]
Portland

» Reply  Edit

WOW........

duly impressed with the extent you went to to support the KP6 community!

Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/ USE it!

I've been wrong before... and at somepoint in time, I'll be wrong again

skwid206

58 posts [100%]
Seattle WA

Re: (oldeskewltoy) » Reply  Edit

Yeah Gabe is the man. I don't own a Startlet, but he's always incredibly helpful with me and all my Corolla GT-S questions. I'm glad he's also doing the same for you Startlet guys.

JDM: Just Doesn't Matter
revcyanide

48 posts [100%]
colorado springs CO

price » Reply  Edit

is this price still valid? may have to grab this if so!
Gabriel Tyler

2323 posts [100%]

Re: price (revcyanide) » Reply  Edit

Yes, price is still valid and parts are in stock. We've now extensively tested this setup on rally, road race, and street cars to great success!

Techno Toy Tuning

revcyanide

48 posts [100%]
colorado springs CO

Re: price (Gabriel Tyler) » Reply  Edit

Awesome! Once this whole situation is resolved in colorado springs with the wildfire, I may be hitting you up for this. So as long as my starlet is not affected by the fires!

» Return to Stores and Shops