Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 Project AE86First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last
Author Post
marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Re: (marley4us) » Reply  Edit

Well I ran into a **** ton of confusion....

1st I go to install the motor today... ??? motor mounts I purchased are totaly wrong... they are not SR20 to AE86 mounts, the SR20 side is not write at all.

Fine, whatever I will call the guy I purchased them from, and try to figure this out, F*^%k... whatever!

Pull the exhaust, yeah its gone and removed finally, no idea what brand this is at all, toss to the side.

Lurred my friend over with offerings of beer, to help swap the rearend out of the SR5.

got the rearend removed, what a pain in the ass, so many rusted out bolts.

This is where is gets confusing again! So I am kinda really confused.... My MA-47 celica/supra rearend bolted in with out the 4link I purchased (using the OEM SR5 bars, and the Celica supra swaybar) ..... ???... the only thing that did not fit was the panhard bar.... I am sooo confused.

Stance looks way better with the new rearend and mubflaps

Does anyone have an idea why the MA47 rear would fit with out aftermarket 4link??????!?!?!?

marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

I figured out why my motor mounts wont work... they are for a KA24... oh well, at least the seller is willing to return them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coroll...p=mtr

yellowsnow4free

303 posts [100%]

Quote, originally posted by marley4us »
Does anyone have an idea why the MA47 rear would fit with out aftermarket 4link??????!?!?!?

This is from assassin10000's thread (http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=28876):

Quote, originally posted by assassin10000 »
FYI: there are several ways to do this swap. This just happens to be the way I wanted it done. You can do it with much less work by using a longer panhard & also different control arms &/or bushings/heims with the larger 14mm ID to match the celica-supra rear end bolt size. For instance T3 makes a 'bolt-in' 4-link & Lateral bar kit, it would mean you would only have to swap spring seats.

It sounds like there are some bolt-in ways to do it, but I keep reading you still have to swap the spring seats.

Sounds like yours was 100% bolt-in, aside from the panhard bar.

Maybe it has something to do with it being SR5 hardware instead of GTS???

Oh well, keep us posted

Cutting up an AE86? Please me know! I need body panels!

Petition to Reinstate the CA 30 Year Smog Exemption

marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Re: (yellowsnow4free) » Reply  Edit

Ya, its really odd that it just bolted right up! I was very suprised. I did not use the spring seats since My coils overs are one piece, if your running coilovers you wont need to use the spring perch at all.
yellowsnow4free

303 posts [100%]

Ya, its really odd that it just bolted right up! I was very suprised. I did not use the spring seats since My coils overs are one piece, if your running coilovers you wont need to use the spring perch at all.

You know, I remember thinking "maybe he's running coilovers?" but I'm such a noob with suspension I wasn't sure when looking at the pics

Either way, it doesn't explain why it bolted up with the stock hardware, but it's awesome nonetheless!

marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Re: (yellowsnow4free) » Reply  Edit

Ya I was luck with that! Im ordering the DIY lateral/panhard bar tonight, and I spoke with the guy who sold me the mounts, he is talking with the company that sold them since they where supposed to be sr20det mounts, he said if they wont return them he will refund me.
marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

I had a great day today! Cleared out room in the garage, sold off the 4link, OEM hood, SR5 full diff, driveshaft, stock antenna, stock mr2 seat! made some cash and got a cleaner garage!!!!

I also got a few things in the mail, AE86 panda sticker, and I made this resevour cover custom embroidered!!

marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Valve cover is shaved and painted!!!

But I can't decide on my theme. here are a few option:

1) sleep panda center

2) sleepy panda off center

3) falling over panda center

4) falling over panda off center

5) FRS badge center top

6) FRS badge center lower

or some form of combination like FRS badge where the nissan badge was, and the panda on the front etc.

Vote!!! I need help deciding!

marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Well cleaning stuff up right now, straitened the edges on the coilpack Carbonfiber cover, and sanded it down so it will not be bumpy lol

Then some clear coat.

Same thing with the kouki eyelids, one had a nice good scratch on it, i had to sand through.

some clear

marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Man first time I have had the valley cover on the shaved white valve cover, and it turned out just how I imagined it!! Lovin it!

Just need to figure out how I want to badge it!!

Started out templating my motor mounts in paper, getting closer!

Got a big piece of steel

TD86

52 posts [100%]
Carson CA

That 86 logo on the valley cover is genius hahaha
and i vote for the panda laying on his stomach xD

Epic build thread is epic. Moar updatessssss

The day when I get my own AE86 will come soon..
4A-C ohhh yeaaaaahh xD
marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Re: (TD86) » Reply  Edit

TD86 thanks man!

Small update, as I have been sick and trying to catch up on school work.

Did you know Sapporo Beer cans are made of steel!!

Time to pop it a special way

And drink her up!!!

Whatever will I make with this can...

Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Oil catch can, sneaky sneaky. I like it! Sucks about the mounts, first thing I thought was KA lol.
marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Re: (Eric'sFreeAE86) » Reply  Edit

Yup!!!! your right hahahahah, I cant wait to get this in! your car actually inspired me for this mod!

Got my DIY Panhard bar / lateral done.

-2458K182 Ball Joint Rod End 3/4"-16 Lh (you just need one of these) $17.36 each Mcmaster.com
-2458K181 Ball Joint Rod End 3/4"-16 Rh (you see a trend starting ) $17.36 each Mcmaster.com
-6381K121 Bronze 3/4"-1/2" bushing (you'll just need one) $1.64 each Mcmaster.com
-91034134-27 (27")ALUM TUBE FOR 3/4" HEIMS (you'll need just one) $14.95 each Speedwaymotors.com
**These are your choice since it's just stuff you can get at your local hardware store and probably be cheaper but I'll list it up anyways
-1756047-LH JAM NUTS 3/4", STEEL 6/PACK (you just need one per side) $3.95 Speedwaymotors.com
-1756047-RH JAM NUTS 3/4", STEEL 6/PACK (ditto^^) $3.95 Speedwaymotors.com

I put the fitting on my drill and used some sand paper to get a perfect fit, took less then a min to do

done

marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

finally got the Rusted out rotor, and seized caliper off thanks to PB blaster. Just waiting on the brand new rotors to come in, already picked up the new brake caliper, for the rearend.

Got the VC finished, and almost done with the Sapporo Catch can.

marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

....well I ran into another snag. the DIY lateral bar does not fit the MA-47 rear... I thought it would, but its a 1/4 a inch off...

I will have to cut out the mount and put a new drilled one in, not too hard, but still annoying, oh well.

On the other hand, I put the VC back on, I am half way done with the Sapporo catch can, and wired up the Greddy profec B, boost solenoid to the boost controller.

johnh

442 posts [100%]
Moreno Valley CA

Great work so far!
Do you plan on painting it?
What color?
marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Re: (johnh) » Reply  Edit

thanks john, yes I plan on painting it. I made a one off color single stage pearl paint. It was a pain to get a single stage to look right. I wanted to paint it cheap, but realized I will probably bang it up a bit since I will be drifting this at events. So I had a panda theme (white and black) in two color pearls.

Both will be single stage Pearls. White pearl single stage,which I was told it does not exist but it does! Mitsubishi Dover white effect (white with white/ pink pearl). But you have to modifify the mix code by removing the 4.7% of "trans Yellow" to get a cleaner white. I may mess with it some more to make it perfect. Then I am using X48 Mitsubishi black pendleton pearl (black with blue pearl flake)

Here is the First test shots of the custom single stage pearl.

The Car will be painted panda themed, but any place that is Carbon Fiber will be painted white excluding the black portion of the panda paint theme, and that will be left Carbon Fiber. I am hoping it will turn out subtle and nice.

Got the Sapporo Beer/ oilcatch can finished. 6 bucks to make this (not includding beer) not bad and looks sweet.

(2) 1/2 flarex 1/2 MIP
(2) Nylon hose barb elbows
(1) 1/2ft of 1/4"ID vinyl tubing
(1) pot cleaner mesh for bafftling

Started cleaning up the muflaps. Used some cleaner, and a brilla pad.

Got my Trueno Mudflap stickers.

Note

620 posts [100%]
Oil Painting, Trapped

The Sapporo oil catch can looks great, well done! This build is getting crazy.

Build Thread: 1985 AE86 GT-S

Note's "For Sale" Thread
* GZE Supercharger Kit
* T50 Transmissions

Note's "Want to Buy" Thread

Email: zenkinote@gmail.com

"God's In His Heaven, All's Right With The World"

marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Re: (Note) » Reply  Edit

thanks note, I have followed yours too.

Got the Trueno Mudflaps done... Thinkinking I might clear coat them, so they last forever.

Note

620 posts [100%]
Oil Painting, Trapped

No, thank you sir.

And definitely clear coat them. I'd prefer taking the extra step, rather than having to reapply the decals later.

Note's "For Sale" Thread
* GZE Supercharger Kit
* T50 Transmissions

marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

clear coated

1 coat

3 coats

Note

620 posts [100%]
Oil Painting, Trapped

Nice! They look better already.

Note's "For Sale" Thread
* GZE Supercharger Kit
* T50 Transmissions

TD86

52 posts [100%]
Carson CA

Awesome-sauce.

The day when I get my own AE86 will come soon..
4A-C ohhh yeaaaaahh xD
marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Re: (TD86) » Reply  Edit

Thanks guys!! your post really help motivate me!!!

Man I just finished a HUGE test on lol "every vein in the body and all its names, every artery, the heart in its entirety from the cellular level up through to its basic functions, lymphatic system, immune system, and all the factors in clotting and blood work..." OMG what a test, I think I rocked it though, but my brain feels dead, and I already have 2 new chapters I need to read for next week... FML

But back on subject, Got some new toys in

Prothane bushing

New Rotors yeahhhh!

What a stupid, PITA, rediculous rear brake calipers this celica supra rearend has! omg lol it has 6 shims and two large thick thims TOTAL 8 F%$king shims just to assemble the brakes lol

Once on though, man rear discs do look sexy on this car!

Also put my mudflaps on and man they look good, car is really starting to become a car again!

Started taking off the rear side markers, so I can weld it closed.

Note

620 posts [100%]
Oil Painting, Trapped

Man I just finished a HUGE test on lol "every vein in the body and all its names, every artery, the heart in its entirety from the cellular level up through to its basic functions, lymphatic system, immune system, and all the factors in clotting and blood work..." OMG what a test, I think I rocked it though, but my brain feels dead, and I already have 2 new chapters I need to read for next week... FML

So glad to be done with college, haha.

I'm pretty eager to see how the welding goes, I know a lot of people talk about doing it for the full JDM look, but I haven't seen any before/after photos myself. That, and I am awaiting the day I can strip my car down and rebuild it properly. Again, great work so far.

Note's "For Sale" Thread
* GZE Supercharger Kit
* T50 Transmissions

marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Ya I am 27! I went back to school for my Physician Assistant... I had finished my school and was done, but felt platued at my old job... but man coming back to school, and such an intesive programe lol!!! I am ready for it to be finished.

The welding seems fairly strait forward, just remove the lights, the plastic clips for the screw, get a nice piece of steel, place it behind and spot weld it on, then grind it down, and smooth out. I will post full detailed pics when I get to it. need to get my welder back, or get the car running and bring it my buddies to use his.

Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Why you swap to poly bushings in the back instead of your DIY links? My squeaky bushes kill me lol, I wish I had heim links.
marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Re: (Eric'sFreeAE86) » Reply  Edit

I got the DIY cause I thought the OEM 4link would not bolt up. but it all did, so I sold off the 4link to help make up some costs I had aquired and got the poly bushing for dirt cheap. I may go and build the 4link again, but I want to get the car running first. I keep having little things come up. As expected with a swapped car. but Its driving me nutts that its so close and not done.
yellowsnow4free

303 posts [100%]

Those are 14" Watanabe's you've got on there, right?

Just thinking what size rims (minimum) you need to clear the RX7 front brakes and the MA47 rear brakes. I know both are bigger than stock AE86 GTS brakes

The car is looking great though!

First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs