Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 Project AE86First  < 2 3 4 5 6   Last
Author Post
marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Re: Project AE86 (marley4us) » Reply  Edit

Started mocking up the stock turbo and exhaust manifold. Putting it all back together etc

Braided lines, new gaskets

exhaust manifold

assorted bolts etc

Torquing everything down

Just realized I am missing my oil feed and oil return fittings. Hopefully my buddy still has them at his house, or he can get me some from his work

WOLF45

650 posts [86%]
Los Angeles CA

For the love of god don't use that Chinese gasket on the exhaust manifold. Wont last more than a month. Buy a Genuine Nissan s15 sr20det 7 Layer exhaust gasket

And the throttle cable wont work. Unless you want the throttle to get stuck wide open and you'll crash. Buy one off here or go to the junkyard.

Link: http://www.thenismoshop.com/Ni....html

Buy your AN Fittings Here
marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Re: Project AE86 (WOLF45) » Reply  Edit

Ya I want to get a OEM gasket too, just need to order one.

Can you please explain why you think it i will be stuck Wideopen? I would love more input?

What throttle cable would you suggest that works with this swap? I am using a Mr2 cruise control throttle cable with the sr5. pressure feels good, and it opens and closes fully. So more info would be appreciated.

marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

you sure I can use a 1993 toyota tercel throttle cable?
supine

548 posts [99%]
in a tree with a knife waiting

» Reply  Edit

i use a stock corolla throttle cable with a modified s14 throttle wheel on my sr set up.

he's right about that gasket being crap tho, you want the 7-layer

cotton crown
http://coffinride.tumblr.com
marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Re: (supine) » Reply  Edit

yeah I agree with the gasket, the seven layer was busted, so my buddy gave me that one too. I am using both for right now, till I can order a new one.

I am still not sure why he thinks there is an issue with the modified throttle cable? And I have don't understand why? any explanation on why he thinks that would be helpful.

First  < 2 3 4 5 6   Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs