Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 My first Toyota build
Author Post
Okie86

89 posts [100%]
Tulsa OK

My first Toyota build Reply  Edit

Here she is! I picked her up a couple of weeks ago and have already installed an aluminum dual core radiator (ebay special) due to a leak in the original one. Have bought some odds and ends from a few people here on the forums. I also just got my Megan coilovers in the mail and once I get the hub and bearings in from Toyota to replace the passenger side one I'll be able to install them.

corollarollas

6543 posts [90%]

» Reply  Edit

nice.. and good direction with the suspension
Okie86

89 posts [100%]
Tulsa OK

Re: (corollarollas) » Reply  Edit

Thanks man!
yellowsnow4free

303 posts [100%]

Re: My first Toyota build (Okie86) » Reply  Edit

Clean car!

What are your plans for it?

Good luck with the project

Cutting up an AE86? Please me know! I need body panels!

Petition to Reinstate the CA 30 Year Smog Exemption

karate_crimson

8227 posts [89%]
Southern CA

Look similar to mine when I purchased it minus the zenki bumper and rims. Great start!
Okie86

89 posts [100%]
Tulsa OK

Re: My first Toyota build (yellowsnow4free) » Reply  Edit

Thanks guys!

It's gonna be my daily driver but its gonna be low and slick looking. I plan on completing the interior cause I can't stand having a gutted car. A clean interior makes a car for me. Also it only needs minor body work and the paint isn't too bad but I'm wanting to paint it at some point. The company that makes the "hotrod" satin black has made some new satin colors and one that interests me it the satin charcoal metallic. Keeping the same wheels but maybe go to 15s at some point. I need to pick up the JDM rear bumper to match and I'm thinking of making a custom "duck tail" spoiler. I want to do a 20 valve swap aswell.

Okie86

89 posts [100%]
Tulsa OK

So I worked on th Corolla today and got the coilovers in and the wheel bearing and hub for the pass/side. Yes it rained but I didnt let it get me down! Here's some pics!

This is the suspension that Jesse had on it.

Screw you bump stops!

The rear in place.

And the front.

The brand-spanking-new hub and bearings installed!

This is seriously how much the wheel hangs free. The jack is on the frame lol

The flushness.

Here's the before.

And the after!

In these pics the car hadn't been driven yet and the suspension settled a bit more but you get the picture. Also the hight settings are set at what they were at out of the box. I double checked that they were all the same first but no change.

Jeonsah

1814 posts [95%]
Co

» Reply  Edit

lookin good! great work. You should drop the front .25 to .50 inches and the rear another inch!!!!!

WTB AE86 Best Motoring International Vol. 42. Pm if you have it!
Okie86

89 posts [100%]
Tulsa OK

Re: (Jeonsah) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Jeonsah »
lookin good! great work. You should drop the front .25 to .50 inches and the rear another inch!!!!!

I might drop the rear a little more but the fronts sitting right where it needs to be. The roads here in Tulsa aren't the greatest for slammed cars :-/

Oh and on a side note the Tokico shocks and Tanabe springs are for sale if anyone is interested. The PO told me that he put them on less than a year ago and I don't doubt it cause they were still pretty stiff. I'll be sure to put them in the for sale section soon.

kunfuzion

793 posts [100%]
Ca

» Reply  Edit

get some rca's too if you plan on staying low.

....just a slow red car and a crippled hatch....
Okie86

89 posts [100%]
Tulsa OK

Re: (kunfuzion) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by kunfuzion »
get some rca's too if you plan on staying low.

What exactly are they suppose to do. Seen them around but I haven't researched them.
Jeonsah

1814 posts [95%]
Co

» Reply  Edit

This is a quote from Assassin10000:
"RCA (Roll Center Adjuster) :

Helps to correct roll center on lowered cars, by changing the lower control arm angle. This change affects how the suspension handles the forces exterted by the car. Resulting in a better handling car, due to better weight transfer characteristics. "

They also help with bumpsteer. Hope this helps

WTB AE86 Best Motoring International Vol. 42. Pm if you have it!
Okie86

89 posts [100%]
Tulsa OK

Re: (Jeonsah) » Reply  Edit

^ Thanks man
Okie86

89 posts [100%]
Tulsa OK

Re: (Okie86) » Reply  Edit

The motor is getting tired so I'm going to replace it. I picked up a motor today and I decided to go mild til I have the money to go all out. Here's what I got.

But in all seriousness. It might take a bit to complete but I can't wait to see how it turns out.

yellowsnow4free

303 posts [100%]

Quote, originally posted by Okie86 »
The motor is getting tired so I'm going to replace it. I picked up a motor today and I decided to go mild til I have the money to go all out. Here's what I got.

But in all seriousness. It might take a bit to complete but I can't wait to see how it turns out.

You sir, are my hero

I'm looking forward to seeing this done with a SR5; how are you going to handle the wiring?

Good luck man, keep us posted

Okie86

89 posts [100%]
Tulsa OK

Re: (yellowsnow4free) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by yellowsnow4free »

You sir, are my hero

I'm looking forward to seeing this done with a SR5; how are you going to handle the wiring?

Good luck man, keep us posted

Thanks. I'm thinking that the wiring will be a bit simpler since the SR5 doesn't have all the ECU stuff but I'll grab up some pin outs and see what all I need and what I might be able to do without, blah blah blah...
yellowsnow4free

303 posts [100%]

Quote, originally posted by Okie86 »
Thanks. I'm thinking that the wiring will be a bit simpler since the SR5 doesn't have all the ECU stuff but I'll grab up some pin outs and see what all I need and what I might be able to do without, blah blah blah...

Cool, I was hoping you'd stick with the SR5 wiring

Keep us posted on how you do it (diagrams would be awesome! )

Okie86

89 posts [100%]
Tulsa OK

Re: (yellowsnow4free) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by yellowsnow4free »

Cool, I was hoping you'd stick with the SR5 wiring

Keep us posted on how you do it (diagrams would be awesome! )

I'll try and keep detailed notes but it may take a while to complete due to funds :-/
Of course some of you guys could always send me some funding so it'll be done quicker ;-)
Okie86

89 posts [100%]
Tulsa OK

Small update:
Here's the broken tail light

Some evidence of a solid car :-)

And the unbroken installed. Bought the set from 4ag4life when I was in LA. Thanks again man.

I'm gonna be fiddling with the broken ones to try and make a custom set with LED panels and custom lenses.

stupidstuff

157 posts [100%]
The secret valley Ca

Looking good. Cant wait to see that engine in. It will make a mullet mad for sure. I live in Ca but grew up in Owasso. Plan to road trip my starlet home this november.

Good luck with the rest of the project.

Okie86

89 posts [100%]
Tulsa OK

Re: (stupidstuff) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by stupidstuff »
Looking good. Cant wait to see that engine in. It will make a mullet mad for sure. I live in Ca but grew up in Owasso. Plan to road trip my starlet home this november.

Good luck with the rest of the project.

Awesome man. You'll have to hit me up when you're here and we can hang. I'll im you my #
Okie86

89 posts [100%]
Tulsa OK

Some more buys made for my baby.

I got a JDM rear bumper to sex her up a bit. Just need to paint to match.

I also picked up a vintage Nardi wood steering wheel that needs a bit of refinishing for cheap.

Joshua Araujo

209 posts [100%]
brampton ontario

» Reply  Edit

Car is looking good man. In my opinion. It needs to go lower! JDM rears make such a difference.
Okie86

89 posts [100%]
Tulsa OK

Re: (Joshua Araujo) » Reply  Edit

Thanks man. If I go any lower where I live the streets would eat me alive lol.

Got an exhaust made for it til I do the swap since the original fell off lol

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs