Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 Elite Racing Transmissions [Archived]
Author Post
jimtune

48 posts [100%]

ELITE Racing Transmissions Reply  Edit

Hi Guys, for a while I have been working on a business opportunity with a company called Elite Racing Transmissions in the UK, what has come about is me starting a company called inGear Performance to sell these great transmissions.
I was sold after the first drive of my car with the IL200 6 speed sequential.
These are for race use only and would not suit city driving, we would not like to sell you a product that you would not be happy with.

I will be also offering some of my own designed and manufactured parts the same quality as I run on my car.

Feel free to have a look at my web page more content will be added over the next few weeks. http://www.ingearperformance.com

Thanks
Jamie

“inGear Performance has evolved from our passion for motorsport and all things that make cars go-fast. For many years we have been designing and manufacturing bespoke components for all sorts of motorsport.

inGear Performance has developed a small range of products around demand from our customers needs, and build products that not only look good but also do the business.
We will be constantly developing our product ranges and always looking for new and innovative products to manufacture or import to add to our retail base.

In 2011 we asked Elite Racing Transmissions if we could represent them in this part of the world as we felt there was a need for high quality, cost effective racing transmissions in New Zealand and Australia, This was something that was lacking from the big transmission companies.

With Elite Racing Transmissions we can offer you full support for your Elite transmission, from helping you select the correct ratios for your application with our gearing software through to designing and building bell housing adaptors, and offering spare parts and servicing that will be available from our workshop in Dunedin, New Zealand.

"Like You we are driven by a need for speed”

Modified by jimtune at 6:59 AM 6/11/2012

supraman10

596 posts [100%]
spanaway wa

Re: Elite Racing Transmissions (jimtune) » Reply  Edit

like the idea of another provider of a good performance transmission.

on another note, what is the strut tower bar pictured above?

[b]We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungreatful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.[/b]
jimtune

48 posts [100%]

Re: Elite Racing Transmissions (supraman10) » Reply  Edit

Hi there,
The tower bar is one I made from stainless steel tube and plate, I couldnt find a good one over here in New Zealand for my KP starlet so made my own.

Thanks

skwid206

58 posts [100%]
Seattle WA

I took a look at your website and didn't notice any rebuild kits for T50s. Any chance those will ever be offered in the future? And if so, will the parts be any stronger than OEM?

JDM: Just Doesn't Matter
jimtune

48 posts [100%]

Re: Elite Racing Transmissions (skwid206) » Reply  Edit

Hi There,
We are looking at a gearkit for the T50 but it is planned to be a straight cut dog box, so would not be suitable for street use.

Thanks

hbomb86

1096 posts [97%]
Upland CA

bump this!!

looks great! found the youtube video of this trans looks really good

Driving the Corolla is a BLAST!!!
skwid206

58 posts [100%]
Seattle WA

No problem. At least that way I'll have an easy solution for a track car. ^_^

JDM: Just Doesn't Matter
hbomb86

1096 posts [97%]
Upland CA

How much hp can the elite trans handle?

Driving the Corolla is a BLAST!!!
ayee420

2108 posts [100%]
san bruno ca

How much does those transmission cost? This is awesome!!!

jimtune

48 posts [100%]

Re: Elite Racing Transmissions (hbomb86) » Reply  Edit

The IL 200 thats in my car can handle about 240hp for track use, but if your plan to drift or rally off road I would go for the larger IL300 transmission.
jimtune

48 posts [100%]

Re: Elite Racing Transmissions (ayee420) » Reply  Edit

My transmission the IL200 cost about $5,500 USD + Freight.
Then I had to make a bell housing adaptor, drive shaft and some transmission mounts to fit it into my car.

Cheers

jimtune

48 posts [100%]

Hi Guys,
I did some track testing of my IL200 gearbox over the weekend have a look at the youtube clip to see how good these transmissions really are!
http://youtu.be/v2pQdmLT50I

Cheers
Jamie Hodgins
Ingear performance.com

Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

What's the little stick for next to the shifter?
downshift1

200 posts [100%]

Re: Elite Racing Transmissions (Eric'sFreeAE86) » Reply  Edit

Probably reverse lock out.

http://killcarb.org Take a minute to read this, then spread the word!
jimtune

48 posts [100%]

Re: Elite Racing Transmissions (downshift1) » Reply  Edit

The small lever is for shifting into reverse, the box has to be in netural on the main gear lever before you can select reverse.
The larger IL300 transmissions have an internal system that works through the gear lever, so you have to shift in to netural then push the lever forward again to select reverse.

ian

156 posts [100%]

what is the costs of the fwd sequential transmission
jimtune

48 posts [100%]

Re: Elite Racing Transmissions (ian) » Reply  Edit

Hi Ian,
The cost of a FD250 6s (6 speed sequential FWD transmission) is about $9,400USD + freight
If you require any more info please let me know via my website email.
info@ingearperformance.com

Thanks
Jamie

» Return to Stores and Shops