Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 4age 16 ITBs, 272 cams, 4-2-1 and power fc
Author Post
jabran200

121 posts [100%]
london

4age 16 ITBs, 272 cams, 4-2-1 and power fc dyno graph Reply  Edit

Hi guys I just got around to mapping my ae86 with the following spec.

4age 16v
20v silvertop itbs
210 cc suzuki cappucino injectors (don't ask why, they came on the car from japan)
272 cams 8.25 lift
4-2-1 manifold
power fc

what do you guys think?

Modified by jabran200 at 10:20 AM 7/31/2012

jondee86
Reggae Rules...

4374 posts [96%]
Wellington, NZ

Re: 4age 16 ITBs, 272 cams, 4-2-1 and power fc dyno graph (jabran200) » Reply  Edit

Nice torque curve... hangs on really well in the top end. Should be nice to drive

Cheers... jondee86

jondee86 has been a member for 735,126 days.

Give a person a fish, they eat for a day. Suggest they search before posting, and they learn a skill for a lifetime.

Wreckless1

34 posts [100%]
Albuquerque NM

Re: 4age 16 ITBs, 272 cams, 4-2-1 and power fc dyno graph (jabran200) » Reply  Edit

Bigport or smallport? Any work done to the bottom end?

Looks like a very fun power curve - I bet it sounds lovely above 5k as well!

jabran200

121 posts [100%]
london

Re: 4age 16 ITBs, 272 cams, 4-2-1 and power fc dyno graph (Wreckless1) » Reply  Edit

I can't be 100% about the mods on the bottom end but I had a bore scope in there and pistons look like oem ones. I believe it is a bigport.

Yeah it goes well and is very fun to drive now, you literally want to blast it every time you drive it.

Wreckless1

34 posts [100%]
Albuquerque NM

If it's making that kind of HP on the stock bigport bottom end & compression ratio, a set of high-compression pistons and retuning the Power FC to suit should net some significant gains!

Any pics of your engine bay/engine setup?

jabran200

121 posts [100%]
london

Re: 4age 16 ITBs, 272 cams, 4-2-1 and power fc dyno graph (Wreckless1) » Reply  Edit

I can't be 100% about compression but it looks like it may have a steel headgasket. I think my next step with this car may be a turbo upgrade

I'll get some pictures of the bay today.

thanks for the input.

Murf

323 posts [100%]
Bangkok Bangkok

» Reply  Edit

Can you post up your maps please
jabran200

121 posts [100%]
london

Re: (Murf) » Reply  Edit

will do tonight

do you want power fc files or screen shots?

dac_0305

454 posts [100%]
Kent WA

Re: (jabran200) » Reply  Edit

Could you show the files and screen shots, please?
Murf

323 posts [100%]
Bangkok Bangkok

» Reply  Edit

Yeah, both would be good if possible...
runfree

23 posts [100%]
dungarvan eire

Re: » Reply  Edit

I'm thinking about buying a power fc for my ae86 in the next few weeks here in ireland,ill be running much the same setup as yourself just with hks 264 cams with 8.1 lift,I'm just wondering how you got the power fc to read the itb setup since so many people even on here say it can't be done even tho I know of a lot of people in Japan using them by swapping the wires on the trottle position sensor to read the same as the map sensor I think ?? Any advice from you would be great
dac_0305

454 posts [100%]
Kent WA

Re: Re: (runfree) » Reply  Edit

I'm selling my power fc if your interested. Let me know at dac_0305@yahoo.com.
Crownvicman289

1984 posts [58%]
Colorado Springs CO

» Reply  Edit

Those are the numbers I was told years ago 272s make on an NA 16V. This is the first time I've seen anyone outside that circle actually make them.

» Return to Engine - 4A-GE 16V