Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 Hard to shake old habits....Last AE86 for me....First  < 2 3 4 >  Last
Author Post
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: (gaijin_rokurunner) » Reply  Edit

Back at the shop today, the pistons are back and ready for final build....head was cc'd and now they just need to measure the pistons to calculate the exact C/R and then decide on if the head will be shaved so we can reach the target ration which is 12.5. I picked 12.5 because im having two maps made on the dyno one for pump fuel which is probably going to pull a crap load of timing out and then one for track using 110 octane. The engine setup will also be different the pump fuel map will utilize the plenum and filter I have and the short velocity stacks and the track map will be with the 100mm velocity stacks and the pipercross filter.

Pistons have valve relief cuts for the 10.7mm cams. As you can see there is still no intake reliefs except for half of the center. Keep this in mind when u buy those aftermarket pistons that have these deep valve reliefs for no reason....No one on the market has any cams with a higher lift then these...(except maybe Kelford) so dont get fooled when u ask for blacktop pistons and get silvertop send them back and ask for Blacktop pistons and no they are not the same. If you look at the middle edge of the dome on the intake side there is a small relief cut. the way the blacktop combustion chamber is designed and the way the OEM pistons are designed there are dead spots along the back and sides of the intake valves that spark cant reach, that relief allows the flame to travel to that area now and burn that fuel. My piston and what people sell as Blacktop pistons elsewhere...Looks like a silvertop to me with reliefs for 18mm lift cams lol

Valves are in and the combustion chamber has been cc'd like i said....you can see they are all pretty close to the same and dont need any work done.

Picture of the inside of my custom pan from Moroso, has a baffle plate and you can see two of the four trap doors in the shape of a diamond....this keeps the oil in the center at the pickup and not in the wings when cornering...the doors only open inward.

This car was in the shop for some work...its an original lotus and worth somewhere over $100000 according to Sandy Pretty cool

Angry4AG

425 posts [96%]
Bronx NY/Okinawa JP/And now in Las Vegas NV

This build is kick ass!

Good stuff and huge high five for the classic OKi 86 and driver

http://www.sdsefi.com/features/jan064ag.htm

gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: (Angry4AG) » Reply  Edit

Thanks...I have a picture of my very first ae86 somewhere black 86 coupe back in 1993... Once I find it I will scan and post it ..... 1993 alot of you were still wearing diapers lol
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

New parts.......

60mm Rein Hard exhaust.....almost done with every part I need....next battery relocation setup, Catch can with duel inlets one from valve cover and one from oil pan....(custom setup to draw crank pressure from below and above the pistons) need a new electric fan setup...my fans are two thick...going to wait for the engine to get here and measure again before I buy though.

oldeskewltoy

13133 posts [99%]
Portland

Quote, originally posted by gaijin_rokurunner »
Thanks...I have a picture of my very first ae86 somewhere black 86 coupe back in 1993... Once I find it I will scan and post it ..... 1993 alot of you were still wearing diapers lol

and some of us were in our mid 30s working on finishing restoring a 1970 428SCJ Mach 1 before the 30th anniversary of the Mustang in April of the following year

Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/ USE it!

I've been wrong before... and at somepoint in time, I'll be wrong again

gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: (oldeskewltoy) » Reply  Edit

Well im not that old...wish i was around to see the first cars made like you Dan lol...

Modified by gaijin_rokurunner at 8:42 PM 12/7/2012
oldeskewltoy

13133 posts [99%]
Portland

Quote, originally posted by gaijin_rokurunner »
Well im not that old...wish inwas around to see the first cars made like you Dan lol...

gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

that would be an AE1
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

update...engine was cc's and comes out to exactly 1798cc....true 1.8 setup....compression ratio fell short at 12.1 so the math was done and the head was shaved enough to bring the final c/r to exactly 12.5. Was going to have two maps one for 93 pump and one for Sunoco 110 but after thinking about it for a while, this is not going to be a daily driver and 110 isnt that expensive to purchase every few weeks when I will drive it so I will still have two maps one with the plenum, 20mm velocity stacks and cold air intake, and second with 100mm velocity stacks and the piper-cross filter...Block is all together...had to remove the pistons because the extra stroke from the crank caused the bottom skirt of the pistons to tap the top of the oil squirters...no big deal, pistons were removed and notched on all sides equally to ensure the proper balance is maintained. Custom teflon crank scraper is all sized up....this is a great mod for our engines with wet sump setups...Heres some pictures...85% there...final assembly tomorrow, then all the small stuff and dyno time...lets go 250hp+

Had some time to work on the car....painted the whole engine bay with spray paint ....but you couldn't tell if i didnt tell you...http://www.automotivetouchup.com can provide you with automotive paint codes in a can and if you know how to paint you can get some good results....sucks all that time and money i spent doing this i decided to take the car to the shop to get repainted Lexus LFA yellow....no pearl though...AE86's dont look right with pearl paint lol. had my aero mirrors painted and had to drill some new holes to install but looks good....

corollarollas

6543 posts [90%]

» Reply  Edit

amazing
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: (corollarollas) » Reply  Edit

Thanks man got an amazing bill to pay back also now lol.......heres some more pictures from today...head was cut and final C/R is 12.6:1 and displacement is 1798cc.

Flow benching.....283CFM at 28 inch water 10.7mm lift...not bad!

Long Block being assembled. The Black valve buckets you see are DLC coated to reduce friction between the cam lobes and the buckets. My cams are also WPC coated for additional hardness, friction reduction and wear reduction.

Coil packs being modified to fit the 20v spark tubes

Head on the table to be cc'd

oldeskewltoy

13133 posts [99%]
Portland

PazzaEP82

1156 posts [99%]

» Reply  Edit

Holy shii.. Tony Jspec, good to see you back..

I literally just got myself another AE86 after a 4 year break.. Wierd!

VitriumGTS

4730 posts [96%]
San Jose/San Diego CA

» Reply  Edit

Dedication! I admire that

My RHDJapan.com receipt said: "Your order # is: 100001986". The AE86 gods really are looking out for me.
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: (PazzaEP82) » Reply  Edit

Whats up Chris..long time.......yeah i picked up another one last year after a 5 year break but it will be my last i build.....its cheaper to buy them built from guys on here then to build your own lol...Last AE86 with the only 4age I never built....and this one is my monster build to drive me to retirement lol....

Dedication is all I have given these cars....been driving them since 1992...and didnt get serious with them until i moved to japan in 1995...thats 20 years Ive given to these damn cars...lol

morgan

6446 posts [93%]
just be glad your not here, nj

» Reply  Edit

Can't wait to see what this does on the Dino, great 20v build!

haha cali...i got one of you 86's, and your not getting it back.
my 20v in an 86 swap guide
my mess of an 86...
*east coast toyotas forum*
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: (morgan) » Reply  Edit

Thanks, im pretty anxious to see if my money is well spent or wasted...im hoping for 250hp+ range with 160ftlbs+ of torque and i will be satisfied! Dyno should be next week holefully if we can get it all setup properly
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

John at JSP hooked me up with a custom bezel for my s2000 cluster...heres some test fitment pictures...fits great you have to use the 2 brackets he provides with the bezel on the lower of the 2 mounting holes on the cluster..Im going to customize the face with something special, im not a fan of the raw aluminum look...Since mines is a JDM cluster the MPH function is disabled for some reason so im using this http://www.yellr.com/yb_home.htm to calibrate the KPH to MPH...not using most of the features like oil pressure/temp, or water temp just blinkers, door open, fuel, and a few others haven't figured it out yet...I have Omori gauges to read exact levels of the other stuff

johnh

442 posts [100%]
Moreno Valley CA

I can't wait to see this thing up and running! Its going to be a beast!
Awesome build, SUBSCRIBED!
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: (johnh) » Reply  Edit

Beast or Bust....keep you posted should be running on the Dyno next week they started setting it up last week..

Modified by gaijin_rokurunner at 10:43 PM 12/19/2012
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Engines all done....next is setup on Dyno and hopefully get it running before Christmas. Final displacement 1798cc and 12.6:1 C/R

oldeskewltoy

13133 posts [99%]
Portland

» Reply  Edit

Did anyone recommend you run 2 timing belt tensioners?

gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Yeah I have one...you can see the bracket in the picture for it but the tensioner wasnt on yet when this pic was taken....
morgan

6446 posts [93%]
just be glad your not here, nj

» Reply  Edit

Any stones left unturned...

haha cali...i got one of you 86's, and your not getting it back.
my 20v in an 86 swap guide
my mess of an 86...
*east coast toyotas forum*
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: (morgan) » Reply  Edit

lol only thing left is a dry sump setup...just thought it was over kill unless this was a full track only car...think the bigger oil pan, the oil pressure kit and toda oil pump gear should be good for 10g rpm
Billy_Andrea

1321 posts [100%]
San Francisco CA

Wow! Looks great and will no doubt go as good as it looks!
kaos-boss

10 posts [100%]
Bridgetown st.philip

» Reply  Edit

hey bro, where did u get your crank pulley from?
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: (kaos-boss) » Reply  Edit

Actually its a harmonic balancer not a crank pulley like you see around now a days those are actually bad for high revving engines as they dont absorb any if the vibration... BHJ Dynamics sells them although mines was custom made to accommodate a few mods specific to my engine setup.
kaos-boss

10 posts [100%]
Bridgetown st.philip

» Reply  Edit

Thanks for the info, think ill give BHJ Dynamics a check. Even those i only want to rev to 8200 with my setup i still dont like the solid stuff
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: (kaos-boss) » Reply  Edit

they only make single row unless u have a two row custom engineered....that will probably cost alot more then the ones they offer already http://www.bhjdynamics.com/ind...d=266
 First  < 2 3 4 >  Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs