Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 Hard to shake old habits....Last AE86 for me....First  < 2 3 4   Last
Author Post
GT_REVVA

27 posts [100%]
Miami FL

» Reply  Edit

followed the link here from wheels

very extensive/expensive build - wickedly detailed

looking forward to dyno results

btw, are those 1JZ injectors?

gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: » Reply  Edit

Hey nice to see you made it ....I will actually be moving to Miami this summer ....you can check out the car first hand once im down there. Yes those are 1jz injectors....with the extra stroke and bore size stock were out of the question....I also have a set of 2tz-fze 425cc on standby those are from the supercharged previa vans and are interchangeable with the 20v as well....possibly a good fit for turbo use to.
GT_REVVA

27 posts [100%]
Miami FL

» Reply  Edit

for sure we should definitely link up when you get to So Fla

didnt know about the 2TZFZE injectors

but with the 2nd gen 3SGTE and JDM 2JZGTE both using 440 side feeds

and the US 2J using 550s, there are many Toyota options as far as upgrades are concerned

those 370s should be up to task for your setup though

gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

I think there was a plug issue with those other injectors where the 1j and 2t plugged right in....never tried the 1j suited my needs and if they are not enough the 2t will be used....im trying to get someone now to make a spacer between the head and intake manifold.....45 degree angle and about 50mm wide to give the fuel/air more time for atomization like on the TRD manifolds and the TODA sports injection setups....something like this but a little longer...

GT_REVVA

27 posts [100%]
Miami FL

» Reply  Edit

any good cnc facility should be able to handle that fab

and from the work you've had done, i dont think that'll be hard to find in your neck of the woods - i know we have enough of them here in So FL

as for the injector plug issue, i always hear people complain about those

i've found all you have to do is shave the tabs off the sides of the injectors and they plug right in

after that the biggest compatibility issue is low impedance vs high impedance

gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

yeah I try to support the community guys with CNC experience before i venture out to the other people......like i said i never looked at the injectors but I am familiar with the shaving process....impedance is not a concern for me as I use an aftermarket ECU which accommodates both high and low. Going to see how everything works for now, my shop stated they could of ported the head more but was worried about loss in torque....so after the dyno im going to try a head prepared by a moto gp yamaha head builder and see how that works out......hes even offered a CNC program so the results can be replicated but theres not enough demand to pay that cost for the program. Then again I might just leave what i get and venture off to my next project the 3sge beams engine...curious to see what a stroked N/A setup can make
Crownvicman289

1984 posts [58%]
Colorado Springs CO

» Reply  Edit

Where exactly are you at right now with the build? Are there any holdups or is it just the holidays?
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: (Crownvicman289) » Reply  Edit

all done being setup on the dyno.....just the holidays and waiting in line for tuning...two formula ford engines are ahead of me
oldeskewltoy

13133 posts [99%]
Portland

Re: Re: (gaijin_rokurunner) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by gaijin_rokurunner »
im trying to get someone now to make a spacer between the head and intake manifold.....45 degree angle and about 50mm wide

recommend you look into having it made from carbon fiber, or other insulating material... this will keep heat transfer to the induction system minimal

Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/ USE it!

I've been wrong before... and at somepoint in time, I'll be wrong again

GT_REVVA

27 posts [100%]
Miami FL

» Reply  Edit

Delrin would probably be cheaper

even though, at this point

i dont think cost is an object here

gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Well the stock 20v intake manifold gasket is about 10mm thick think metal sides with some type of thick plastic in the middle which im assuming is to prevent the transfer of heat from the heat to the intake manifold...i rather the spacer be aluminum and it would be easier to make the gasket out of derlin maybe about 20mm thick to ensure no heat sink
oldeskewltoy

13133 posts [99%]
Portland

» Reply  Edit

I've got a friend out here in PDX... his ITB manifold uses a 3/4" thick piece of WOOD as the spacer!!

Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/ USE it!

I've been wrong before... and at somepoint in time, I'll be wrong again

gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: (oldeskewltoy) » Reply  Edit

Lol ummm not sure if that would give a good seal plus fuel would soak into it possibly loosen up splinters of wood and send it flying into your engine...exhaust might smell like BBQ. Lol
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Re: (oldeskewltoy) » Reply  Edit

BBQ flavor exhaust......might be on to somethin there Tony. Still, maybe with a plasti-dip coating for protection, that might work in a pinch. I'd still go with delrin though.
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: (Eric'sFreeAE86) » Reply  Edit

yeah i think derlin is the best bet or ceramic....heard that does goes with dissipating heat...check into pricing wonder if i could make a derlin setup with a 15 degree angle to shoot the air flow right into the combustion chamber...?
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Re: (gaijin_rokurunner) » Reply  Edit

Ceramic would give the best heat disapation sure, but I think of it like the porcelain toilets are made of, that stuff will crack in a heartbeat.
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Yeah but once bolted in there wont be any movement to promote cracking just as long as i dont torque it to tight
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Re: (gaijin_rokurunner) » Reply  Edit

What about vibration and engine movement? It would suck to go through that whole process of making a mould and making the part only to end up with somethin brittle.
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Vibration wont effect it but i can always put a brace under the itbs like the stock tvis manifold has to support it or use a double engine dampener setup
 First  < 2 3 4   Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs