Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 bent a rod
Author Post
whitespartian

978 posts [97%]

bent a rod Reply  Edit

sooo my bt bent a rod. I have a new 16v bottom end that's been sittin in my shop for a minute. unfortunately its the 18mm wrist pin early model. anyone ever run 16v pistons on a 20v head. or shave any idea on compression differences. or have a bt rod they want to get rid of?

will trade roll cage work for overfenders, flares, carbon/fiberglass hood,
give me a call, or text is best
drift warrior fabrication, clarksville Tn
Carl -(909)435-8206

gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: bent a rod (whitespartian) » Reply  Edit

You wont be able to run 16v pistons with a 20v head there will be piston to valve clearence issues...u can take you pistons out your 20v and have your 16v rods rebushed to fit the pins..will rev alot better and with arp hardware and some good bearings you shouldnt have any issues...or u can find another rod! How did u bend the rod as there is probably other damage somewhere because it had to have hit something they dont bend by themselves?
whitespartian

978 posts [97%]

Re: bent a rod (gaijin_rokurunner) » Reply  Edit

no clue what happened. had a rod knock. sent everything to the machine shop and bam one rod bent as shot. I'm looking to get another rod. I was thinking about machining the 18mm one out. but I didn't like the amount of material that would be left on the 18mm rod. plus I already have a machined 42mm crank. do you have any spare blacktop rods lying around?

will trade roll cage work for overfenders, flares, carbon/fiberglass hood,
give me a call, or text is best
drift warrior fabrication, clarksville Tn
Carl -(909)435-8206

gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: bent a rod (whitespartian) » Reply  Edit

No sorry i sold my rods a while ago...but i have some coated King race bearings .50mm oversize with dry film coating i will sell u for 50 shipped..they were for my crank but i had to get it cut a little more then the bearing size i already had so these are just sitting..cost me about 50 for the bearings and 100 for the coating...only reason you would get a knock is bad bearing...these are what my shop uses on their formula atlantic and formula ford engine builds.

» Return to Engine - 4A-GE 20V