Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 7agte headgasket choice
Author Post
kaos-boss

10 posts [100%]
Bridgetown st.philip

7agte headgasket choice Reply  Edit

Hi Guys,

I just need some opinions please. I am in the process of assembling my motor and i am between minds which headgasket to use. Like most aftermarket products i have heard some good and bad reviews about cometic headgaskets but i assume most of the bad reviews are due to incorrect installation. Do you guys have any experience with them and are they better than a TRD headgasket?

The only reason i am skeptical about the TRD gasket is because my bore is 81.5mm and the TRD is 81mm

Evo_lucian

1584 posts [95%]
Saint Lucia, West Indies

Re: 7agte headgasket choice (kaos-boss) » Reply  Edit

Cometic is my recommendation

Dwight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

A$s¤hoŁ€ since 1986.

The only thing in life worse than being talked about is not being talked about

my site
http://budgetracer.webs.com

turboae92

103 posts [100%]
Miami Fl

Re: 7agte headgasket choice (kaos-boss) » Reply  Edit

i have cometic 1.5 mm but you can use 7afe metal head gasket.
jmaz87

147 posts [97%]
Gainesville FL

» Reply  Edit

Barry from MRP in NZ doesn't like them personally he says the machine work has to be perfect for them to seal. He is THE 7AGE guru as far as I'm concerned, he designed my rods after all.

that said, I love cometic as a brand. Used on several hondas and nissans with no problems.

I myself got cometic to make me a custom IIRC 82mm bore 1mm thick HG for my 16v 7AGE and it looks great! very good to work with too if ur in the USA.

senioralvarez@gmail.com
kaos-boss

10 posts [100%]
Bridgetown st.philip

» Reply  Edit

Thanks for the reply guys, I ended up getting a trd metal head gasket
kaos-boss

10 posts [100%]
Bridgetown st.philip

Re: (jmaz87) » Reply  Edit

I believe in having atleast my head checked before replacing a gasket so the perfect surface wouldn't have been an issue
Crownvicman289

1984 posts [58%]
Colorado Springs CO

» Reply  Edit

I guess I've been fortunate, because I only had my head skimmed when I used a Cometic MHG on my blacktop. Since it re-spun the same bearing in about 20 minutes, I then had the crank turned and reused that MHG with no issues. I couldn't justify junking a $100 MHG with only 20 minutes of use and luckily it still sealed.
kaos-boss

10 posts [100%]
Bridgetown st.philip

Re: (Crownvicman289) » Reply  Edit

I has a similar situation as you, I had a cometic that only got about 2 hrs work but I wanted to be safe than sorry so I didn't use it. I actually gave it away and the guy has been use it for about a year without issues

» Return to Engine - 4A-GZE, and Supercharger/Turbocharger Projects