Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 My 20v project (7age 20v)
Author Post
v33sonata

393 posts [99%]
Phoenix az

My 20v project (7age 20v) Reply  Edit

And so it starts!
Phase 1 get the 4age 20v working in my AE86.
Phase 2 new pistons in my forged 7a block to work with the 20v head.
Phase 3 Nitrous

Help me clean out the garage. Lots of 4age, 4agze, 20v and turbo parts for sale. Ask and I probably have :)

MoonGT

29 posts [100%]
Sylhet

Re: My 20v project (v33sonata) » Reply  Edit

Hi!!! Have you started the 7AGE Project? If so would you mind sharing the info and all the pros and cons while doing the project. It'd be apprecaited.

With Regards,
Munawar Helal Chowdhury

v33sonata

393 posts [99%]
Phoenix az

Re: My 20v project (MoonGT) » Reply  Edit

I have already done a 7ag(T)e just converting to the 20v none turbo. Is there something specific?

Help me clean out the garage. Lots of 4age, 4agze, 20v and turbo parts for sale. Ask and I probably have :)
GTS-COUPE

162 posts [100%]
Lancaster PA

» Reply  Edit

wouldn't you want stronger rods for the 7a bottom end? I thought i read their not good for anything above 7500 rpm, seeing as the blacktop head see's most of its power up high in the rev range the 7agte would be better for a 16v head.
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Re: My 20v project (v33sonata) » Reply  Edit

Yeah if you want any reliable revability I would invest in some good forged rods...the stock are long and skinny...meaning if you ever over rev them they could snap ....look at some blacktop rods they are shorter and skinny but over reved they will snap...secondly I would invest in custom pistons dont just throw some 4ag pistons in there...send a 20v piston and a 7a piston to CP and have them make a 7a piston with a 20v crown....
v33sonata

393 posts [99%]
Phoenix az

» Reply  Edit

I laready havea fully forged 7a block sitting in the garage H beam rods and Weisco pistions. Pistons will have to be changed out tho

wrenchdad

339 posts [100%]
Natchez MS

Re: (v33sonata) » Reply  Edit

My 9AGE stroker project is well under way, going with custom crank, rods and pistons from here (running Megasquirt 3 for ECU)

http://www.mrpltd.co.nz/produc....html

Only thing that hasn't come in yet are the rods, block should be ready this week.

The above site also has a modded crank timing gear that will allow both of the stock VVT intake and the exhaust cam gears to be used when using a BT/ST head on a 7AFE block with a 16v timing belt, all the timing marks line up correctly.

just some FYI
later wd

" Second place is just the first loser" the late Dale Earnhardt
v33sonata

393 posts [99%]
Phoenix az

Re: (wrenchdad) » Reply  Edit

very useful thanks!

MoonGT

29 posts [100%]
Sylhet

Re: (wrenchdad) » Reply  Edit

The information was very useful. Thanks for sharing the info. Let us know the outcome of the project...

With Regards,
Munawar Helal Chowdhury

Crownvicman289

1984 posts [58%]
Colorado Springs CO

» Reply  Edit

V33 if you bring the car here I'll tune it for that C56 in your garage. Then the thing will actually run right, you don't know what you're missing.
v33sonata

393 posts [99%]
Phoenix az

Re: (Crownvicman289) » Reply  Edit

c56?

Crownvicman289

1984 posts [58%]
Colorado Springs CO

» Reply  Edit

The transmission that came with your blacktop.
v33sonata

393 posts [99%]
Phoenix az

dont think thats gonna work being its a fwd tranny and i have a rwd car.

Crownvicman289

1984 posts [58%]
Colorado Springs CO

» Reply  Edit

But I have a FWD and can tune. . .
v33sonata

393 posts [99%]
Phoenix az

well I got a tranny LOL

Crownvicman289

1984 posts [58%]
Colorado Springs CO

» Reply  Edit

I think we're on to something. . . I tune your car and help you clean out your garage. Win win.
Sam_Q

579 posts [99%]
Australia vic

» Reply  Edit

If you need some rwd conversion parts for your 20v then let me know.

My website - conversion parts, articles, services...

s-86.com

-20v RWD conversion parts for sale

v33sonata

393 posts [99%]
Phoenix az

Re: (Sam_Q) » Reply  Edit

i've already been talking with ya

» Return to Engine - 4A-GE 20V