Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 1985 GTV Levin
Author Post
CASasha

10 posts [100%]
Sobudaemai Kanagawa

1985 GTV Levin Reply  Edit

So a while back i asked if buying this 1985 GTV Levin was worth it, and well i bought it on OCT 1st 2012. So far for the build ive replaced the spring, 6k in the rear 8k in the front. Cusco rear sway. TRD 2way, in which when i pulled it i found that i had a Cusco 1way LSD already in. T3 front coilovers with T3 NCRA. Sparco Driver seat. NGK Spark plugs, and straight pipe exhaust temporary barrowed from my friend trying to get his car registered. TRD Green front and rear shocks. TEIN camber plates. 256 duration 7.9mm of lift, TODA cam gears, and the i need to pull the head to find out what kind of pistons im running cause I'm getting 190psi on all four cylinders. rear Stainless steel tephlon brake lines. The body work was done before i bought the car, CYB front bumper and fender flares. I am running on 15x9.5J Watanabes, looking into buying a set of Hyashi's for myself for Xmas. If you could answer my question on what kind of pistons im running, or maybe a clue that would really help. Another side note im pretty sure im running a big port head.

Modified by CASasha at 10:01 PM 12/27/2012

Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Re: 1985 GTV Levin (CASasha) » Reply  Edit

No way to know what pistons you have unless you know for a fact the engine has never been opened up. Do you have any pictures of it?
CASasha

10 posts [100%]
Sobudaemai Kanagawa

Re: 1985 GTV Levin (Eric'sFreeAE86) » Reply  Edit

CASasha

10 posts [100%]
Sobudaemai Kanagawa

CASasha

10 posts [100%]
Sobudaemai Kanagawa

CASasha

10 posts [100%]
Sobudaemai Kanagawa

CASasha

10 posts [100%]
Sobudaemai Kanagawa

Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Wow that's beautiful! What kind of strut tower brace is that? I like that it covers the whole top.
CASasha

10 posts [100%]
Sobudaemai Kanagawa

Sorry couldn't tell ya they came with the car, and the product name is written in Japanese. I will post some more pics after next weekend when i get back to Japan.
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Man if it were me, I wouldn't mess with that car. Just enjoy it as-is. It looks like someone put a lot of work into it.
CASasha

10 posts [100%]
Sobudaemai Kanagawa

Yeah right now I'm just messin with the suspension. I eventually want to rebuild a head under bucket shims, 3 degrees on the valve seats, maybe big valve kit, 304duration 9mm of lift, ITBs, 235cc injectors, Mild port, and a MS PNP.

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs