Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 Angry4ag's 500+hp Re-vampFirst  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last
Author Post
Crownvicman289

1984 posts [58%]
Colorado Springs CO

» Reply  Edit

Please make some progress, you need to get out and start pissing off some mullets.
_FNQ_rolla_

1 posts [100%]
Cairns qld

» Reply  Edit

I have just come across your build and read it from start to finish as this has been a great read. One thing that I am interested to learn more about is the set up of your crank angle sensor, as I see where your CAS would be it has been plated over.

Is there an old thread on this or is there any links where I could find out more information with regards to a 4AGE. I would like to go this way with the new 4AGTE that I am putting together at the moment as I have not come across any as of yet, let alone seen any where I live in the far north of Australia.

Thanks for the great write up and I hope you achieve the HP that you are chasing.

twoballstwo

65 posts [99%]
Phoenix AZ

Re: (orangekid) » Reply  Edit

Man, just when you think you've seen everything.......thanks for the education. For you guys looking for a valve compression tool; check out http://www.toyotool.com. I've got a Snap-on compressor tool I now use as a paperweight.

Modified by Ender-DI at 10:38 AM 7/1/2009

http://photobucket.com/mymr2projects
Crownvicman289

1984 posts [58%]
Colorado Springs CO

» Reply  Edit

He's using SDS, no need for the factory CAS. I stuck a freeze plug in mine when I went SDS.
Crownvicman289

1984 posts [58%]
Colorado Springs CO

» Reply  Edit

No kitchen passes lately?
dangina

461 posts [97%]
lethbridge ab

» Reply  Edit

an engine we can only dream of...need a vid of this bad boy on start up!

Build Thread!

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=75666

hachi-6 D0ri

796 posts [98%]
THE WORLD ca

Re: (dangina) » Reply  Edit

damn this guy has fing skills . in his room garage and kitchen this project comes together amazing

" If you're not crashing, you're not crashing enough"

They call him ....THE STIG!!!

Angry4AG

425 posts [96%]
Bronx NY/Okinawa JP/And now in Las Vegas NV

Re: (hachi-6 D0ri) » Reply  Edit

Thanks man.....

I just dont like paying anybody unless i have to so i do it myself.

Heres another update BTW

Wow..............

After another giant slack-tastic moment and trying to save money i got some more progress: mrgreen:

2010 may 15

So i decided to move to the actual place that i was keeping my car and now i have all the time in the world to work on it. The only thing i donít have is parts and money so i am still being patient.

I decided to finally build the head after i got all my lifters from the Toyota dealership and finished off with a perfect clearance value for the intake and exhaust cam.

The way i did it was that i ordered a blank set of Vitz lifters (smallest size and only 8 of them). Then torqued the cam down and measured the clearance. After i took that number and subtracted the required clearances from the cam lobe to the lifter face and got the final number. This final number i added to the lifter size and got what i needed for lifter size.

Some of my friends asked why did i re-did the clearances and my answer was because of the valve job i had done. Compared to the original engine i had in japan i never had a chance to do an angle job on the valve seat so i ran it stock. I also used this head for every build i completed and it was due for new valve guides due to the measurement limits being at the edge.

The problem came after the 5 angle job. It seems that the machine shop i went with didnít pay attention to the measurement that you have to pay attention to when cutting new valve seats. When the valve is installed, on the cam side of the head, you measure from the end of the stem to the spot where your valve spring sits. Due to the machinist cutting the seat too deep this threw my valve in deeper into the head and ruined the clearances i had with my old Vitz lifters.

After i the fresh valve guides and 5 angle job completed i did my clearance checks and it was way under the limit. So i decided to start from scratch and re initiated my cam to lifter clearances.

After i completed the head and got the clearance to TODA spec i decided to bolt it to the block and torqued it to 70 ft lbs. The ARP instructions called for 60 with moly lube due to its high lube properties but i gave it some extra and left it at 70 just in case the head tries to lift at 35+ psi of boost :D (hopfully)

And bam............ something i have not seen in a long time

Then came the next set of missions....................Bolting the intake manifold and modified exhaust setup.

The intake mani was pretty cut and dry other than the port matching i had to do just for detail

Next the Exhaust setup. The original manifold was set up to sit further back against the firewall but even if it was cool messed me up due to this now being a USDM ae86 and the brake booster / steering rack being in the way.

Heres the old engine

Heres the new mod i mentioned before and the finishing install

So now i am almost complete except for the wastegate that i will have to weld in a new position and the HKS old pressure up kit i am waiting for. I will only end up installing the spring setup and not the restrictor. I also have the waterline setup is in the mail so that will be apearing in the final install menu.

Lastly, after i am done i will install the fuel lines into the chassis and then load the engine and trans in.

Thatís it for now.........

http://www.sdsefi.com/features/jan064ag.htm

onelungderryl

2642 posts [87%]
American Canyon CA

» Reply  Edit

do all the hks manifolds have the external wastegate?

blog -> http://onelungderryl.blogspot.com/
Evo_lucian

1584 posts [95%]
Saint Lucia, West Indies

» Reply  Edit

what size is that wastegate ?

Dwight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

A$s§ho£Ä since 1986.

The only thing in life worse than being talked about is not being talked about

my site
http://budgetracer.webs.com

Angry4AG

425 posts [96%]

Re: (onelungderryl) » Reply  Edit

Not really.

Most HKS manifolds i have seen for the 4ag all are for internal wastegate setups.

This one seems to be rare due to me never spotting it on sale for the last 6 to 7 years even in japan.

Angry4AG

425 posts [96%]

Re: (Angry4AG) » Reply  Edit

50mm HKS knock off RaceGate $40.00 ebay special

onelungderryl

2642 posts [87%]
American Canyon CA

Cool thanks! Looking at piecing together a kit for my 20valve, but I want to retain the 2 1/4 exhaust I have now. Awesome build by the way!

Crownvicman289

1984 posts [58%]
Colorado Springs CO

» Reply  Edit

So you flipped the exhaust manifold too in order to move the offset to the front. Why so much time all of a sudden? I'm not as far away any more, I wanna see this when it's done.
onelungderryl

2642 posts [87%]
American Canyon CA

Re: (Crownvicman289) » Reply  Edit

for the wastegate im guessing plus itd be easier to make the downpipe clear the brake master

Angry4AG

425 posts [96%]

Re: (onelungderryl) » Reply  Edit

The brake master and the steering rack make the manifold not useable on a state side ae86. So when you flip it i can get a down pipe in there.

Crownvicman289

1984 posts [58%]
Colorado Springs CO

» Reply  Edit

Hey Will how much does a Vitz lifter weigh? I realize they'll vary based on thickness, but I'm wondering if they're noticeably lighter than the shim over buckets.
Bisons86

597 posts [100%]
Mililani HI

Good to see some progress Angry!!!!!!!!!!!
vrtblacksheep86

1363 posts [100%]

» Reply  Edit

** Sorry So Late*
I know this is hella late and I've been gone for a long long while, but,...As for angry's capabilities. I knew his mentor before he did nad sw that set-up he learned from. In turn watched his car from afar and had a chance to personally see his AE101 under the hood and on the street. The fine young gent that posts here is a brilliant engine builder and as his predecessor, on the norm,...did what they said couldn't be done.

His mentor Robb McNabb, actually showed me how to build the Hi-Comp Motors I used to build. I found one specific engine set-up , did all the work just as he said and Will has done and the car a very very high comp set-up that no one said would last a month and in turn lasted 1 year with very heavy drifting abuse and HAULING ASS EVERYWHERE

hbomb86

1096 posts [97%]
Upland CA

Re: (vrtblacksheep86) » Reply  Edit

where are you guys finding these mentors? i need one too!!

Driving the Corolla is a BLAST!!!
okinawalevin

4935 posts [86%]
Kitanakagusuku Okinawa

Yo Foolio, Is that the manifold I gave you? I got lucky and found another identical mani for my turbo motor. I was sooo damned tired of gettin that stainless POS welded twice a month.

I found the 10+ RB turbines FatDaddy gave me while I was movin, haha.

Crownvicman289

1984 posts [58%]
Colorado Springs CO

» Reply  Edit

What's even funnier is that Will couldn't change his own oil when he first got to Oki and in what, 3 years, turned into this. He's a lot like Robb now too with the little ones keeping him away from the badass project that lurks in the garage. Not only do they advocate high comp boosted builds, but they run insane amounts of timing.
onegai_guy

3 posts [100%]
Las Vegas Nevada

» Reply  Edit

damn putang.. the build looks good... the years of building have been great to you.. love the new plenum looks sick!!

engines are only as good as the person who builds them....
daveskatesallday

1205 posts [99%]
TX

Re: (onegai_guy) » Reply  Edit

"sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain

i have a few things for sale check em out need to get rid of this stuff

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=89494

:thumbup:

ajadorifter

339 posts [100%]
nashville tn

» Reply  Edit

if its the same rob i remember him.. had the blue turbo kuku. i had the "bumble bee" 4agze coupe. miss that place.

reppin okinawa since 1994..
OKIDREAMS
ChefTRD

125 posts [100%]

So Will, this thing going to run, or what?

MisterJerk

283 posts [100%]
Springfield VA

Re: (ChefTRD) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by ChefTRD »
So Will, this thing going to run, or what?

^^ What he said!

Update this thing!

Jerk Racing!
ジャークレーシング
brae-anthony

26 posts [100%]
Abbotsford BC

» Reply  Edit

I just read this all and am very curious is it finished?? Do you have any numbers for us?
brae-anthony

26 posts [100%]
Abbotsford BC

» Reply  Edit

Hey quick question, how did you apply the black onto the intake manifold to use the dremel to match the ports from the head?
MisterJerk

283 posts [100%]
Springfield VA

Re: (MisterJerk) » Reply  Edit

Bump..

Updates!!!

Jerk Racing!
ジャークレーシング
 First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs