Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 DIY: BT 20V to ae86 wiringFirst  < 1 2 3 4 >  Last
Author Post
SuprltvCnspircy

222 posts [100%]

» Reply  Edit

most of the wiring should be the same, EXCEPT that on the silver top there is an AFM (air flow meter) and the Black Top there is a MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor...
SuprltvCnspircy

222 posts [100%]

Re: DIY: BT 20V to ae86 wiring (nixeighty6) » Reply  Edit

ok, two questions... and one comment...

first the y/g coolant temp wire is only for gauge purposes right? how did you guys run it? there was no way i was clearing that sensor past the firewall...

second for the ignitor which wire did you splice into? i just went with the straight black one that i traced back to the blue dash connector on the 20V harness...

lastly for my alternator circuit i used the stock ae86 stuff... did your guys's just plug straight in? i didnt not have to change anything and it worked with the 20V alternator...

mindeezy

98 posts [100%]

» Reply  Edit

would this pass deq?
pandatrueno4ag

238 posts [100%]
Boise ID

» Reply  Edit

i have a silvertop with all the wiring, and im planning on using a blacktop ecu, is that possible? if so is it the same procedure as the one in this thread? if not, does someone know how to make it work? my only intensions for this is to use open throttle boddies with velocity stacks.

SuprltvCnspircy

222 posts [100%]

» Reply  Edit

will be tough... pretty sure the pin outs are quite different...

first main problem is that the blacktop is run with a MAP sensor, silvertop runs with an AFM...

you will have to pin yourself where the map sensor wires would be, and not sure about the rest of the pins, look here...

blacktop - http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20a...E.jpg

silvertop - http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20a...r.htm

read through them and compare every pin... thats the best i can do for yah...

Modified by SuprltvCnspircy at 10:39 PM 8/29/2007

pandatrueno4ag

238 posts [100%]
Boise ID

» Reply  Edit

thanks for the info dood.

ae86evo

1099 posts [71%]

Re: (pandatrueno4ag) » Reply  Edit

gotta say man, in the middle of putting a blacktop in my sr5 and this write up has just the right info ive been looking for. thanks for your assistance to others. GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
choco

145 posts [98%]

» Reply  Edit

do you get any check engine lights after this??

Here is the list of pins/comectors of the 20v bt harness

http://www.padandwheels.com/mr....html

body harness
http://www.padandwheels.com/mr....html

Modified by choco at 1:05 PM 11/22/2007

Modified by choco at 1:13 PM 11/22/2007

pandadori

1229 posts [76%]
Doral Florida

Re: (pandatrueno4ag) » Reply  Edit

bro. get a map sensor out the junkyard there's a thread on here to which you need. all you need then is that blacktop ecu and an Air temp sensor.. if you go to the tech section you can see on moto-p's writeup the sensors you need. there is a thread about ignitors in this section that tells you what car you can pull the map sensor from... and for the rest it's easy as **** so dont believe for a second it's a tough job. nothing is ever tough it's just the mindset you have going into it..!!

Garage sale, 4 autometer gauges, oil(100 included -4an SS teflon line) water temp(50) x2 sport comp, and ultralite. Momo Cup Vtr Seat, Aluminum Seat Bracket, -4An oil feed line for oil pressure gauge(40). BIG BOY Oil cooler(70), push lock hose and fittings(price per ft), remote oil filter mount. Silvertop Valve Cover, GTS Wheels, fan and clutch. Quickpedals@Gmail.com
El_Toyotero

27 posts [100%]
Newark NJ

Dude I like the way the engine fit right in the engine compartment what did you do? bang the firewall? or cut? Please get back to me
done3

10 posts [100%]

Hey I have a few questions about the coil and igniter. Can you please contact me by phone? 612-532-2520. all of my wiring is connected but i'm getting no spark. The engine does turn though. I can send you some cash just for your help.
Plex

3761 posts [89%]
Suisun City CA

Re: (SuprltvCnspircy) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by SuprltvCnspircy »
blk/orange - to ae111 coil, and to the blk/w on the igniter that goes to a split-where it meets all four injector positive wires. there will be a sixth wire you can run back to where the blk/orange meets the coil.

what does this mean? ive traced the blk/white wire from the coil and ignitor, and from the injectors, found the split and fount the sixth. Now do you cut the 6th where it runs very close to the ecu plugs?

I'm stuck on this..... anyone? anyone?

Also, for
(ae86) blk-orange fire wall coil/igniter coil - (20v) blk-w

Which black/white wire do I need to tap into? there are two...

Summa Cum Laude Graduate, AE86 University Class of '02
Plex

3761 posts [89%]
Suisun City CA

» Reply  Edit

need an answer asap...

xcell nz

22 posts [98%]
Pokeno, New Zealand

Do i need the 20valve dash loom aswell or just the engine ecu loom.
Thanks
Plex

3761 posts [89%]
Suisun City CA

» Reply  Edit

Engine and ECU loom only, you wire it into your AE86 dash loom

Mot_bot

24 posts [100%]
Edmonton Alberta

» Reply  Edit

aggh im getting no spark!

I have the blk/orange wires hooked up to the 20v coil/ignitor blw/w wires and the blk/red dots wire hooked to the blk igniter wire. yet I have no power leaving the coil to the distributor. any help would be much appreciated!! I just want to drive this thing before snow flys up north here

Mathew Morrison
-1986 Corolla gt-s

teamramrod

214 posts [100%]
Portland TN

» Reply  Edit

hey i just got my 20v silvertop and I am wondering what connectors you have to cut because most of them go to the ecu and I shouldn't have to cut them?
agrabau

3 posts [100%]

We have a car here that we're doing a 20v swap (silver top) on. This post is very helpful to me however I have a question about the 22 pin connector on the 20v ECU. What are people doing to hook the necessary pins to this ECU? Is the factory connector available from Toyota? My understanding is that it's part of the 20v's body harness (which we don't have)

Any help is much appreciated.

Alex

Jousi

30 posts [99%]
Seinajoki,Finland

Re: DIY: BT 20V to ae86 wiring (agrabau) » Reply  Edit

I went to junkyard and get that connector from mid 90īs corolla powered by 4A-FE... I think it could be same at all that age gasoline toyotas. And connector to the engine room accessories( wipers, waterpump for windscreen), I got from Corolla ee90.
RS YASU 4.5AG

19 posts [100%]
Outback NT

» Reply  Edit

Did you guys manage to wire in the check connector plug?
Can someone be kind enough to share the diagram where the wires go. I am having trouble with my conversion because some of the diagnostic wires go to the body harness of the AE111 and dont know where these wires go.
Cheers...
widebodyhachi

388 posts [98%]

Re: (RS YASU 4.5AG) » Reply  Edit

Im alittle confused still, I have an AE82 GT New Zealand new so I dont have a speed limit on my car frmo factory where do I wire that up to also, what fusee box did you guys use, its those big white and black w/ redwires theres two plugs what has to be put where or how did people get around this
widebodyhachi

388 posts [98%]

Re: (widebodyhachi) » Reply  Edit

So im guessing this uses the std AE86 engine bay fuse box or did tyou guys use the 20v, im thinking if I use the 20v main big fuses 3x of them then just use the 16v normal stuff, so 20v battery terminals etc then splice into main relay
BrasilianPimpin

75 posts [100%]
Broward County, Florida,

» Reply  Edit

Hello, I was wondering if you could clear something up for me. I was curious about what wire in the kick panel I need to hook up to my blacktop ecu's SPD terminal. I see two potential candidates, so I'm not sure which of the ones it is. I have a post about it at the end of this thread: http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=32439

sorry for posting twice, but I really wanted to confirm this with somebody who knew.

UPDATE:
Nevermind, problem solved. Check the post I refer to above for a clear guide to getting your SPD wire hooked up properly.

Modified by BrasilianPimpin at 5:40 AM 4/24/2009

zeroyon223

26 posts [99%]
Rotorua NZ

Re: (BrasilianPimpin) » Reply  Edit

Hey can you use a auto blacktop loom and ecu to do this? Im looking at buying a engine with loom and computer, but its auto, to swap in to my AE85... any help is appreciated
Plex

3761 posts [89%]
Suisun City CA

» Reply  Edit

Yes you can, infact my car is running an auto ECU and wiring

zeroyon223

26 posts [99%]
Rotorua NZ

Re: (Plex) » Reply  Edit

Hey does it have a lower rev limit or anything like that? Or is it just a matter of bypassing the neutral start switch? Cheers
widebodyhachi

388 posts [98%]

» Reply  Edit

What has everybody pinned E2 AE111 plug 2 connector to? I dont have an earth on my 14pin T plug I have a mysterious blak coloured pin 8 on it though?
Kenjithelonely1

385 posts [98%]
Coos Bay OR

» Reply  Edit

this writeup is awesome. It will help me alot! Im starting my BT swap on Monday, and i already have the GTS wiring, pump, lines, etc. But i was also worried about the A/T ECU/Harness for the BT, because that's what i have! Any clarification from anyone would help!
peterc529

13 posts [100%]
Perth West Aus

Re: (Kenjithelonely1) » Reply  Edit

The blacktop auto ecu will be ok. When you change to a manual gearbox you can disconnect all of the auto trans connections except for the neutral start switch (NSW) which is pin number 22 on the 22 pin plug.

Kenjithelonely1

385 posts [98%]
Coos Bay OR

Re: (peterc529) » Reply  Edit

coo thanx!
 First  < 1 2 3 4 >  Last

» Return to Engine - 4A-GE 20V