Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 DIY: BT 20V to ae86 wiringFirst  < 2 3 4   Last
Author Post
morgan

6446 posts [93%]
just be glad your not here, nj

Re: (elmerkit) » Reply  Edit

which one?

haha cali...i got one of you 86's, and your not getting it back.
my 20v in an 86 swap guide
my mess of an 86...
*east coast toyotas forum*
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.
iamjapanman

146 posts [100%]
Irvine CA

Re: (cmorganae86) » Reply  Edit

how much different would the wiring be for a silvertop 20v?
thanks.
morgan

6446 posts [93%]

Re: (iamjapanman) » Reply  Edit

only real difference is the ST has an AFM, BT has a MAP sensor. wire colors might be different.

my mess of an 86...
hachi-6 D0ri

796 posts [98%]
THE WORLD ca

» Reply  Edit

im confused when it comes to the fire wall harness and the blk/orange wire and were it goes? and the wire colors on my 22 pin ecu plug are not the same as the ones you have in the write up . its a gray plug idk if that has something to do with it

" If you're not crashing, you're not crashing enough"

They call him ....THE STIG!!!

Jester_Borris

305 posts [100%]
Springfield Missouri

Re: (hachi-6 D0ri) » Reply  Edit

When it comes to 20V ST, you guys should PM me. I have tons of notes from when I worked through mine. I am sure I can get you where you're looking to go.

-Jester Borris
JesterBorris@gmail.com

My Build: http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=73991

Parts: http://www.rhdjapan.com
Good price on full engine: http://www.japanmotorimport.com/
TRD JDM Parts page :http://trdparts.jp/english/list_car_index.html

iamjapanman

146 posts [100%]
Irvine CA

» Reply  Edit

wait how does pm work on this forum? i dont see it anywhere besides im.
(yes i know, im a noob...)
morgan

6446 posts [93%]

Re: (iamjapanman) » Reply  Edit

the IM button, same thing.

my mess of an 86...
adamsaiyad

75 posts [100%]
Harare Mashonaland

help » Reply  Edit

I jave a JDM 86 ae86 and i have hit a brick wall

My questions and problems are as follows.

1. I cannot find the 13 pin connector from the inboard wiring loom where does it sit and where should i be looking for it ?
(6.) ae86 engine harness "not ecu" , 13 pin conector - goes to fuse and relay box near ecu.

2. i cannot find the 11 pin connector???? Where should i look
"(5.) ae86 fire wall harness , 11 pin conector"

3. I dont understand this statement in the slightest degree .... im lost i hook the E2 off the new ecu to where exactly ?
"and i hooked e2 to (4.) ae86 ecu plug t , 14 pin conector pin, e2 sensor ground."

4. Where does this wire go to as im not sure and finding is proving to be hard.???
"FC, g/r - to g/r circuit open relay, sits above where the ecu sits in the ae86"

please help guys.
I sort of understand that the spd and other wires have to be wired into the car in order for the engine to run properly but that connector i have found 14Pin now with out finding the other 11pin and 13pin connector im stuck.
Is there a possibility that my model doesnt have those connectors should i be looking at the other connectors ?
Has any one installed and had to tap off the wires off other different number pin connectors say 8 pin or 10 pin etc??
Im confused please help my car is in peices?

My current ecu Number is 89661-12150

The 20V ecu and wiring loom i have came out of a toyota Carina Gt .
But the ecu part Number i dont see on the list of ecu numbers on the reference page??? 89661-2D880.
Though its a 20v 5Spd manual gear box so im guessing it should be ok?

Do i need to make sure that i split my 4age 16v ecu from wires like alternator and A/c to remove the 16v wiring loom ?

I am attaching some links for pics hope that some one can help me with this.
Cheers and thanks for reading.

Jester_Borris

305 posts [100%]
Springfield Missouri

Re: help (adamsaiyad) » Reply  Edit

(6.) ae86 engine harness "not ecu" , 13 pin conector - goes to fuse and relay box near ecu.

This is a Yellow connector whose position on the original 16V harness is located with the ECU plugs. It connects to the relay panel behind the passenger side kick panel (interior panel at passengers feet) It is the plug on the right.

(5.) ae86 fire wall harness , 11 pin connector

This connector, when installed originally, was centered on the firewall above the valve covers. It is a large black oval connector. It has more than 11 pins, but only 11 wires. This plug is important because with out it you won't get power for the ignitor, coil, injectors, or the signal for your stater motor when you turn the key. The black wire he mentions is pin number 9 I think. There should be only one Orange wire with a black stripe. It is the plug on the left.

and i hooked e2 to (4.) ae86 ecu plug t , 14 pin connector pin, e2 sensor ground

Plug T is one of the plugs of the 16V ECU. You'll want to cut this connector off right behind the connector to leave yourself a good amount of wire to work with. Some of these wire co to different circuits and won't come out with the engine harness. E2 is a signal on the 20V ecu that he connected to these e2 wire that was on this plug. It is a light brown wire. it is the plug in the middle

FC, g/r - to g/r circuit open relay, sits above where the ecu sits in the ae86

This is for a 20V engine where you will be using the AFM. The circuit being talked about here is for the fuel pump and if you don't get it hooked up right you won't get fuel to the engine. FC is found on pin 1 of the 20V ST AFM. Take Pin one of the AFM connector and connect it to the Green-with-red-stripe wire on the connector I mentioned at the start of this post. Plug on the right

Here is a reference of the plugs you're having a hard time with. The black plug on the left if the 11 pin firewall plug. The middle is plug T. The connector on the right it the 14-pin non-ECU connector.

-Jester Borris
JesterBorris@gmail.com

Jester_Borris

305 posts [100%]
Springfield Missouri

Re: help (adamsaiyad) » Reply  Edit

Something else I should mention. To get the 12V power for the B and +B signals you have to get that from the EFI main relay. I spent 8 months trying to figure this one out.

the EFI main relay is in the fuse box on the drivers side of the car under the hood. There is a short black wire with a black single pin connector running into the box. That is connected to the EFI main relay. When you read the initial post and he talks about a black wire for B and +B for 112V to the ECU, that is where it is at. To make things easy , be sure to grab the connector from your 16V harness.

-Jester Borris
JesterBorris@gmail.com

adamsaiyad

75 posts [100%]
Harare Mashonaland

Re: help (Jester_Borris) » Reply  Edit

Hello and a big thankyou for responding.
Ive justg had a look at the wiring in my car and found the 14 pin connector although i thought this was a 13pin connector ? never the less there are two one on the drivers side and one one the passenger side near the ecu ....??
Which one am i using if i remember correctly the passenger side 14pin connector is the correct one from the photo has some blue wires but is slightly different to the one you have shown me in the pic in terms of wiring does this matter, as i looked and dont have yellow wires coming off the left edge and i dont have a pink wire also, but the shape is the same.

Confirm the starter sta signal to the ecu will come from the ignition starter signal when you turn the key ?? this will also split and go to the starter relay to engage the starter when the key is turned?

I dont have this firewall connector in the engine bay my jap car has a straight wiring loom that connects straight into the engine with no big plugs in the engine bay ......?? so does this mean i have to tap into that wiring loom and seperate the wires by where they come from and go to and by colour code?

The T pin 14 pin connector ecu connector i have and can wire that in correctly.
So in basic its a case of matching the ecu from the 20v wiring into the 16v feed for its old ecu for warning light and power etc...

adamsaiyad

75 posts [100%]
Harare Mashonaland

» Reply  Edit

FC, g/r - to g/r circuit open relay, sits above where the ecu sits in the ae86

This is for a 20V engine where you will be using the AFM. The circuit being talked about here is for the fuel pump and if you don't get it hooked up right you won't get fuel to the engine. FC is found on pin 1 of the 20V ST AFM. Take Pin one of the AFM connector and connect it to the Green-with-red-stripe wire on the connector I mentioned at the start of this post. Plug on the right

In had a look at the 13Pin/14pin connector i term them this as they are the same connector, there is no green wire in this plug with a red stripe.
However there is two greenwires with redstripes on the 14pin T connector.

I not sure what you mean by this if for a 20v engine where you will be using the afm and then you mention the fuel pump relay and say that you wont get fuel if this is not plugged in ?
Is it for AFM or fuel pump?

hf91

39 posts [100%]
BSB

Re: DIY: BT 20V to ae86 wiring (nixeighty6) » Reply  Edit

Do this really works?? Im about to do a bt 20v swap on my jdm ae86..
Hicomp4ag

123 posts [100%]
Okinawa Japan

Re: DIY: BT 20V to ae86 wiring (hf91) » Reply  Edit

yeap... I did it. Wasnt to hard, actually interesting.
hf91

39 posts [100%]
BSB

Re: DIY: BT 20V to ae86 wiring (Hicomp4ag) » Reply  Edit

Yup, looks interesting & im still wondering, can i use this referrence for a 20v bt swap on a jdm ae86 (rhd)????
morgan

6446 posts [93%]

Re: DIY: BT 20V to ae86 wiring (hf91) » Reply  Edit

you should be able to, just keep in mind some of the ae86 wires might be different colors/placement.

my mess of an 86...
GTS-COUPE

162 posts [100%]
Lancaster PA

» Reply  Edit

Does the SR5 not come with the t plug?! Can anyone confirm that the wire colors are the same? on the emission control box?

Modified by GTS-COUPE at 11:45 PM 2/9/2011
hf91

39 posts [100%]
BSB

Re: (morgan) » Reply  Edit

What did u do with the DIAGNOSIS plug on the ae111 engine harness?? Is it ok if i just delete the wirings???

2nd, there is a small, 2 wires sensor-like, which attach to the igniter/coil mounts, what is it for?? i trace 1 of the wire (black/white), originally splice with big (also black/white color) going to the coil?? But the other wire (white/black) which leads to GREY color connector for the fuse box.. Can i just delete it??o<br /><br />
Modified by hf91 at 3:51 AM 3/19/2011

Modified by hf91 at 7:19 AM 3/19/2011

morgan

6446 posts [93%]

Re: (hf91) » Reply  Edit

the small box thing is a noise suppressor, you can delete it. the diagnostic plug-read the BT manual from the sticky in this tech section about what wires to use to set timing...keep them.

my mess of an 86...
kantspell

1 posts [100%]
chicago il

» Reply  Edit

does anyone know if the distributor on a 20 valve is suppose to get power and on what wire
morgan

6446 posts [93%]

Re: (kantspell) » Reply  Edit

check the blacktop manual, its in the tech section-20v-Useful references thread. the thread is sticked so it will be near the top.

my mess of an 86...
titey86

9 posts [100%]

Re: DIY: BT 20V to ae86 wiring (nixeighty6) » Reply  Edit

i have just done this with a jdm ae86, thank you ever so much it is great help!

just a couple of queries,

"w, r/y - to (6.) ae86 engine harness "not ecu" g/w - for warning light"

on my non ecu plug i dont know which is for the warning light? i have 5 wires for the wipers,one brown earth, one black white "sta", one black/red stripe which goes to the small plug in the engine bay beside the fuse box, one blackred stripe with orange spot which goes to the firts pin of the 18pin 16v engine ecu connector, and i then have one black/blue stripe and onegreen/ red spots which both go the diagnostics box??
so any idea which of these should be used for the warning light?
cheers tadhg

apex diff

239 posts [100%]
irish sea

Re: DIY: BT 20V to ae86 wiring (titey86) » Reply  Edit

hi all...
what coil packs are ye using
morgan

6446 posts [93%]

Re: DIY: BT 20V to ae86 wiring (apex diff) » Reply  Edit

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=18900
Start here, it's a rather large thread on just that subject...

my mess of an 86...
apex diff

239 posts [100%]
irish sea

Re: DIY: BT 20V to ae86 wiring (morgan) » Reply  Edit

a i see... thanks
choyr

12 posts [100%]
Batangas Batangas

Re: (morgan) » Reply  Edit

hi morgan, i'm currently tracking the BT wirings to my KE70 and following this diagram. what's the difference if you do not connect the STA (to ECU) with the starter. just found out now. also the fuel pump is directly connected, did not connect to FC (ECU) with circuit opening relay.

thanks

$amuel.inc

11 posts [100%]
So Cali Cal

Re: (choyr) » Reply  Edit

Its better if connect all the wires,,,, as far, Fc, Sta, Sp1, B+ ect.........Fc and Sta goes to open circuit relay, B+ to main relay.... I have only 3 relays_ Main relay for B+_ Sta bridged to starter relay_ and Open circuit relay for sta and fc,,,,,Fc run to open circuit relay and grounds after engine running on Bt Ecu.... For Sp1 you bridge speed sensor wire from dash cluster harness( Blu/wht wire for sum Toyota's body harness)....-------------- keep reading Toyota wiring diagrams untill your confident ,, i used Toyota tercel diagram to wire my 20v...tucked and diy wiring harness W/ honda cop... and the dli thread for c o p

Life's a catch...........

My 20v Vids below: Diy harness, Honda cop, Sr5
_
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...elmfu

First  < 2 3 4   Last

» Return to Engine - 4A-GE 20V