Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 My GTS Build..."Energizer"First  < 28 29 30 31 32 >  Last
Author Post
Jeonsah

1814 posts [95%]
Co

» Reply  Edit

thats sick!!!!!!

WTB AE86 Best Motoring International Vol. 42. Pm if you have it!
morgan

6446 posts [93%]
just be glad your not here, nj

» Reply  Edit

thanks Vic, other 3 are in the mail from TOR Parts.
just painted the wheels today, its been a good friday.

scuffed up...

primed...

painted...

did the backs too, just need to remove the paint from the area that meets the brake rotor...

finished...

really happy with the color choice!

haha cali...i got one of you 86's, and your not getting it back.
my 20v in an 86 swap guide
my mess of an 86...
*east coast toyotas forum*
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.
Jeonsah

1814 posts [95%]
Co

» Reply  Edit

great job, looks way better than that black!

also why are they blue when you scuffed them up?

morgan

6446 posts [93%]

Re: (Jeonsah) » Reply  Edit

i think it was just the setting on the camera when i took that pic and the primer pic, it was set to fluorescent lighting, so it gave it a blue hue.

my mess of an 86...
zenkicoupe

3412 posts [77%]
dirty fontana so. cali.

» Reply  Edit

damn, that color is sweet.

http://zenkitrdcoupe.blogspot.com/

email grnrolla86 at yahoo dot com

morgan

6446 posts [93%]

Re: (zenkicoupe) » Reply  Edit

thanks Luis, long time so see, hows it been?

just ordered me some "8 out of 10" blue sr5 front door panels from funkmachine. really really good shape, just need a little tlc, and i already have plans for them...and the price was more than decent!

my mess of an 86...
zenkicoupe

3412 posts [77%]
dirty fontana so. cali.

» Reply  Edit

yeah, it's been a while. i actually roll around here not logged in. depending on what computer im on. i get lazy to log in..lols
well its been good. we have a newborn thats already a month old. another future gear head?? lols but, yeah just busy with family, work and keeping my coupe drivable.

how about yourself?

morgan

6446 posts [93%]

congrats man! kids are awesome. my son is 2 1/2 and crazy, i mean it. non-stop til he drops at 8 or 9pm, from the moment he wakes up. my wife is also 8 moths preg as of yesterday, with a girl. its exciting, but fockin overwhelming. trying to get the bodywork done in the next month(which i doubt will happen), and working like a dog at the machine shop im employed at. good stuff with the family, its crazy how different my life was 5 years ago, but i wouldnt change it. wait til you kid is a bit older, sounds like you have a son? my favorite age so far is 2, when they start conversing with you, and start developing who they are, its so cool!

my mess of an 86...
morgan

6446 posts [93%]

» Reply  Edit

my pops stopped by last nite along with Mike(taks86), we attacked the car. Mike finished sanding the last of the paint on the wing, then we filled the existing rivit holes with resin. they were randomly placed, i like my stuff neat and orderly so im going to be measuring them out for even spacing. all while my pops hammer and dollied out the rear dent below the drivers tail light. then we sanded most of the rear passenger side quarter down to reveal some old body work...some good, some bad. the drivers rear quarter looks a bit wavy, so that will be fun. planning on more work tonite...

my mess of an 86...
zenkicoupe

3412 posts [77%]
dirty fontana so. cali.

» Reply  Edit

thanks bro and congrats to you as well.
yeah, another boy...lols he's the 3rd and last of the family. we have an 8yr old daughter, 4 year old son and this little guy. that pretty much completes the circle...lols my 4yr old has been crazy since he started walking, shortly after that, talking non stop...it hasnt slowed down either. he's in headstart school at the moment. they take in 4 and 5 year olds. so far he's the only 4yr old doing what the 5yr olds do. pretty damn smart! lols my daughter is more chill and quiet, but when the time comes, she can hang with the best... :D we'll see how little max comes along. with 2 older and smart siblings, who knows right.

morgan

6446 posts [93%]

3? im done with 2...for now. i didnt know you already had 2 others. my son has been in school for the past 7 months, right after he turned 2 we enrolled him. its great, everyday he learns more, he can do his ABC's all the way thru since early last month, and learned how to count up to 20 by 2 1/2, hell be 3 in early july. its been interesting watching him progress over teh pst few months. he went from being shy and hiding behind me or his mom in "social" situations, to going up to everyone and talking to them, hes a bit more adventurous and confident to with everyday things. i think school is great for him.

how did your daughter react going from the only child to having a younger brother? my son denied the fact at first, but has warmed up to the idea since then, but im sure im in for some trouble with him.

my mess of an 86...
pholife

3691 posts [100%]
Laguna Beach CA

Re: (morgan) » Reply  Edit

Keep up the good work! NJ REPRESENT!

http://www.torparts.com

The WORLD Leader in OEM+Plus Reproduction Parts.

Get on facebook...torparts corollla for updates and discounts.

morgan

6446 posts [93%]

Re: (pholife) » Reply  Edit

thanks man, once i got that one "86" sticker, i knew i needed 3 more. but im at the point now, where i just wish it was done.

my mess of an 86...
morgan

6446 posts [93%]

» Reply  Edit

faxed this to a sheet metal shop, looking for a quote, too bad we dont have a brake press at my shop. once i get the part(s), pending the cost, i can start drilling holes and brackets to weld on the "C" part, to mount to the chassis.

my mess of an 86...
kirksekm

775 posts [100%]
YOKOSUKA KANAGAWA

stainless or Aluminum? stainless will be 4-5x stronger than aluminum but will be much heavier bro...

[b]"my car is so low... i have to travel to the other side of the world to do an oil change"[/b] :o

[b]"WHAT THE F*^K IS JUICE?... GIMME SOME OF DAT GRAPE DRINK BABY!!" [/b] :thumbup:

[b]"I'D RATHER PUSH MY TOYOTA THAN EVER DRIVE A HONDA"[/b] =)

[u][b]" 60 PERCENT OF THE TIME IT WORKS EVERY TIME-SEX PANTHER- BRIAN FANTANA" [/b];)[/u]

"カウンターステアが遅いんだな?" Keiichi Tsuchiya

morgan

6446 posts [93%]

Re: (kirksekm) » Reply  Edit

steel, its gonna be a "bash bar" and bumper brackets, and aluminum woud def not hold up. most likely going with teh 0.125" thick 50" long option.

my mess of an 86...
morgan

6446 posts [93%]

» Reply  Edit

got these delivered today, plans are to re-upholster them in black tweed with an insert of the same fabric im doing my headliner in. overall they are in really good condition, just a bit dirty, and the drivers armrest is a bit beat up. looking for better ones...

just a lil damage on the drivers side, no biggie.

also spent some time using plastic filler on the wing, and wet sanding it. almost ready for filler primer.

my mess of an 86...
morgan

6446 posts [93%]

so i finished up the wing today...finally. its been a long process, and i never tackled a body work project like this before. with some guidance from Mike(thanks mang!), it came out well. a few days ago, i applied some plastic filler to the areas in need of repair, then sanded that, applied another coat after wetsanding. so heres where i started today.

finished wetsanding the final layer.

this is where the big crack was.

i filled all the previously made holes with fiberglass resin, since they were just anywhere, nothing measured. i cant stand disorganization.

finished, or so i thought...

after a layer of primer, i found a buttload of holes in the gelcoat.

so i sanded the areas needed, applied some spot putty/glaze to fill the holes, another dose of wetsanding, and a coat of filler primer...done.

with that finished, i started planning where to drill the holes for the rivets. just need to drill them out now, everythings all measured and spaced out evenly.

my mess of an 86...
morgan

6446 posts [93%]

drilled all the holes for the rivets today.

my mess of an 86...
APEX86

138 posts [100%]
Santa Clara CA

Great work on the wing! I can't wait to see the whole car with the new wheels on it! Did you mention if you were going to change the paint color in the earlier posts? I thought I read most of them since the beginning, but I might have missed it.
morgan

6446 posts [93%]

Re: (APEX86) » Reply  Edit

thanks, i did decide to change the color. the car was originally silver, then rattle canned white twice. once by the p.o., once by me.
im sticking with a toyota color from a 2005 camry, mineral green opalescent. you can see it at the bottom of p.27.
the paint, with the color i chose for the wheels, should really "pop" to quote a good friend of mine. i cant wait to see the outcome.

my mess of an 86...
morgan

6446 posts [93%]

over the past 2 days i got some more work done. mainly with the hatch, all the old spray paint removed.

since all the spoiler holes were welded shut, time for some bondo.

2nd layer of bondo...

...sanded down. still needs one more. the hatch is wavy as a mofo, but it will all be covered, so close enough is good enough for me.

Mike helped me yesterday with removing the seam sealer from the top part of the chassis, on the hatch, so i finished what was left today.

my mess of an 86...
karate_crimson

8227 posts [89%]
Southern CA

Very cool! So I'm just going to ship you my car to paint it, ok? Haha
Jeonsah

1814 posts [95%]
Co

» Reply  Edit

Yo morgan that wing looks very well done. Are you block sanding these panels?

Also - if you arent using it, you may want to start guide coating every panel. It'll help keep everything uniform so when you apply some fresh paint, it doesnt look wavey.

Great job on that wing, looks great!

morgan

6446 posts [93%]

Re: (Jeonsah) » Reply  Edit

thanks guys, have i ever mentioned how much i hate doing bodywork? i would rather build 10 motors, that do this on one car.

i just need to touch up the wing where i drilled the holes, and that will be finished.

i am block sanding with a 12" block, and will be using a guide coat, once i get all the old bondo and rattle can paint off. i spent almost 2 bills on just sanding supplies, yikes! thankfully i made a killing at a recent swap meet and unloaded half my spare parts...all stowed away for paint.

my mess of an 86...
morgan

6446 posts [93%]

so ive accepted the fact that theres no way this cars going to be done before my babys 6/1/12 due date, it is only 3 weeks away, and i havent touched the car in 2 weeks. i did get something for the zenki front bumper yesterday however...my bumper support. it does need some cutting/welding and what not tho.

my mess of an 86...
Taks86

2048 posts [99%]
Hell

Wow, was wondering where you've been... bar looks nice... can't wait til you start altering it.
~Mike

1986 RHD AE86 Levin coupe
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
2012 Impreza (base) (the gf's)
2013 BRZ
morgan

6446 posts [93%]

Re: (Taks86) » Reply  Edit

yeah, pulling my hair out...
just found out that "3 weeks away" might actually turn into "next thursday".

my mess of an 86...
Taks86

2048 posts [99%]
Hell

fun! My sister had hers on the 3rd I think? So been an uncle for about a week now... the rents went up to see her yesterday, so I have to fill in at work hardcore. I hate getting up at 5am.
~Mike

1986 RHD AE86 Levin coupe
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
2012 Impreza (base) (the gf's)
2013 BRZ
morgan

6446 posts [93%]

Re: (Taks86) » Reply  Edit

...buy this issue of 86 Garage Magazine!...

my mess of an 86...
 First  < 28 29 30 31 32 >  Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs