Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 4AGE redtop???
Author Post
drift86king

91 posts [100%]
Atlanta GA

4AGE redtop??? Reply  Edit

I just installed a JDM redtop motor in my 86, and it doesnt feel like it was as quick as it was before with my bluetop, I am using the bluetop ecu and was wondering if thats my problem? If anyone has any ideas please help, thanks!!

Road Race!!!! Supercharged F22C 86

david90020

914 posts [90%]
boro boro style

» Reply  Edit

i been wondering the samething
anyone got an answer?

AE86 Nights
86ers.org

ARE THERE ANY KOREANS ON THIS FORUM????

geo metro(4agte)
kia sepia(b16)
volvo s60 wagon(2jgte)
toyota tercel(1zzfe)
nissan maxima(sr0det)
mitsubishi mirage(4g63)
AE86(1UZ-FE) :P
TE 4 Door(4age)

jibber86

1377 posts [94%]
CA

» Reply  Edit

IF you run redtop everything, (efi, injectors, ecu etc.) you get 140 crank hp (whats that +10 from the stock bluetop?). since you are using bluetop EFI, most likely bluetop IM w/ adapter. the only real difference that might be felt is that the redtop is probably less "tired" (has less miles) then your stock bluetop.

i did my hicomp swap a year ago, it feels sluggish under 4K, because 1) no more tvis, 2) heavier internals but once you get past that, it pulls a lot harder than the bluetop that it replaced. im using IK20 denso plugs, hicomp fuel rail, hicomp fpr, hicomp injectors (resistor bypass), bluetop efi and bluetop IM w/ adapter.

also, redtop motors have less lift on both in/ex cams. and the motor is designed to be used with the redtop IM that doesnt use tvis. you go and stick the tvis IM and im sure it messes sh!t up

» Return to Cars - RWD - (AE86, TE, KP, RA, TA)