Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 1JZ corolla coupe with IRS- 56k... hehFirst  1 2 3 4 5 >  Last
Author Post
t76vr4

31 posts [92%]
jax fl

1JZ corolla coupe with IRS- 56k... heh Reply  Edit

ok this is me coping it from my local forum so if i talk about random **** im sorry. but this my project for the last month... and a half?

t76vr4

31 posts [92%]
jax fl

Re: 1JZ corolla coupe with IRS- 56k... heh (t76vr4) » Reply  Edit

this is a 85 sr5 coupe that i go tfor free and i finally stopped puting money into my other cars. im trying to make a full track car out of it for around $3-4k. i have also got a full rear subframe and i am going to weld it solid. i might have tein coilovers for the rear and some shitballs springs for the front

and this is where i am at now...

sry but my interweb sucks ill post more of them soon!

stock motor out

[color=darkred][/color]

1jz and the car.

inside the car

t76vr4

31 posts [92%]
jax fl

just finding things in the way

cutting sub tunnel

test fitting again

motor mounts getting ground off

motor sitting on trash and taking measurments

new solid mounts welded in

had to relocate steering down just a hair..

car from behind

and from the front

ok this is where i am at so far and thats after about 2 1/2 weeks of playing with it between school work and medical ****

thanks.. i got alot more done but walmart camra broke sooo here is what i have till it ate ****

sub frame

t76vr4

31 posts [92%]
jax fl

this is the motor after swaping the oil pan to a front sump from the rear sump.. fits nice!

rear in the rolla

rear outa rolla

testing lex. rear subframe under car.

cutting **** out the way again..

leaving strips so i can weld them back

and even more..

all we need to work

underside some things ziptied and loose

one L bracket for subframe

no more spare tire

cutting wells ended up taking 2 more inches off but flares are going on

sitting with the well cuts from last pic....

from behing same well

and this is where i am after about 3 weeks of messing with it and.. it will be about $2-1/2 k

t76vr4

31 posts [92%]
jax fl

im gunna say about next week i will have it drive.. able but me and chad have some flares for the back we have to make plus prepping for paint plus im waiting for tax return so i can finish the single tubo kit (bunn gave me his spear manifold) plus i need to send out for the title! thanks for reminding me! and here is where i am as of 9am superbowl sunday. o yeah i dont think iv said any thing till now but this was all done with one arm on my part.. nerves take forever to grow back! s thanks chad (kiki) for all the help any any one i stole parts from

making the new strut towers

getting there still have to cover with sheet metal and make strut brace between them but iv got it tied into frame rails

me and we have both sides done! irs in the damn thing finally

inside look

it rolls!

some parts

o yeah some ppl had asked about hood with the motor...

stock hood just a little work..

oldeskewltoy

13133 posts [99%]
Portland

very interesting indeed.......

Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/ USE it!

I've been wrong before... and at somepoint in time, I'll be wrong again

NIXmx1

1892 posts [94%]
Las Vegas NV

» Reply  Edit

Awesome!!! Yeah, the steering rack look a bit scary. Other then that it's pretty sick. Keep up updated.

~If the links to my images are broken, please send me the URL of the thread so I can fix them. Thank you.~
10 トヨタ so far...
GearCalc :: A Guide to Posting :: 4AC Powered - Get your single cam love
assassin10000
Teq

4959 posts [100%]
Northern CA

Re: (NIXmx1) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by NIXmx1 »
Yeah, the steering rack look a bit scary.

That and the rear suspension... The coilover mounts to the side and rear are both tied to sheetmetal.

Otherwise it could be very 'cool' and definately different.

Andrew

Barry
Moderator - 9,500RPM club

6232 posts [100%]
hellaNORCAL

» Reply  Edit

i hope you guys aren't serious?

-barry

9500RPM Club...4AGE

wtb: AE86 16v intake box and arm.

LOTS of parts for sale, tools, AE101, AE86, jubride, RSR, TRD:
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=86969

t76vr4

31 posts [92%]
jax fl

Re: (assassin10000) » Reply  Edit

the rear *strut towers are welded to the frame! if you look under that sheet metal in your car im sure you will find them.. there are still more braces coming plus sheet metal to cover and help with strength but it is alot stronger the stock mounts.
it will end with a triangle to that black bar holding the back of the rear subframe up. keep in mind i didnt say im done or near done
..and yes im serious..
t76vr4

31 posts [92%]
jax fl

Re: (t76vr4) » Reply  Edit

this isnt the first time iv done this..

some civic pictures

preping for paint

engine bay. comp. side of turbo getting polished but its a t70. and this car totalled in at around $1800 after every thing

after paint

this is a quick video of the 302 v8 turbo rwd civic i built

that shop didnt actually build it me and a guy ,named joey did we just let them use it for an ad. notice we also have racer walsh befor the paint..

oldeskewltoy

13133 posts [99%]
Portland

Re: (Barry) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Barry »
i hope you guys aren't serious?

Do I really need to answer this???????????????????????????

Btw... for the uneducated... Racer Walsh is a tuning company for some older import Fords.... they also had a few Fox chassis parts available back in the day........

Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/ USE it!

I've been wrong before... and at somepoint in time, I'll be wrong again

t76vr4

31 posts [92%]
jax fl

» Reply  Edit

ok worked on it a little this weekend made new core support and intercooler/radiator & piping.

first time tig welding sence wreck.. little tape and wrist brace and im good to go!

charge piping kinda done..

set in place still need lip welded on and painted with radiator paint

and the shop

alexeslinger

42 posts [100%]

this is a very scary project...seems like too many shortcuts....is this thing running in a drag racing demo derby or something...i usually dont say much on these forums i like to just browse and get ideas but ....wow....
ae924afdx

2319 posts [98%]
Somewhere NC

Re: (alexeslinger) » Reply  Edit

it looks good.. i can tell you guys have experience and skills but INMO and without trying to offend or hurt your feelings.. the way you guys cut/ weld the stuff.. looks kind of crappy..and crazy..

I bet that if you take it easy it'll look 20 times better and the finished product is going to have a better overall quality.

Other than that.. looks good.

next time.,. get something like this.. and put the ae86 body on top of this..

Email: jose_centeno_perez(AT symbol)hotmail.com
Plex

3761 posts [89%]
Suisun City CA

» Reply  Edit

Looks like a cool project none-the-less

I think people aren't really flaming on your build so much as expressing their concerns for your safety...

We dont want anyone to get hurt.. ya know?

Summa Cum Laude Graduate, AE86 University Class of '02
t76vr4

31 posts [92%]
jax fl

Re: (Plex) » Reply  Edit

yeah i understand but you have to under standits my step dads shop and i cannot leave it un movable or on the lift so alot of it is just quick work to get it rolling.. there is still alot of work till i drive the thing ppl where just asking about when i would start it to check on the motor.
alx954

202 posts [90%]

» Reply  Edit

your gonna need a better radiator, other than that it looks ****.
t76vr4

31 posts [92%]
jax fl

» Reply  Edit

radiator is plenty big, holds more then stock soarer radiator. plus no thermostat
Young Gun

1556 posts [100%]

why irs, an 8.8 would have been so much cleaner, proven, cheap lsd, not ghetto?
t76vr4

31 posts [92%]
jax fl

Re: (Young Gun) » Reply  Edit

maybe less work/cost affective but no, less proven and less ghetto than factory. this whole car will be far more ridged than any factory setup. and what about all around better control of the car at high speed? there is a reson why they use irs in cars now...
NIXmx1

1892 posts [94%]
Las Vegas NV

» Reply  Edit

So much hate goin on in this thread. Lets just hope he puts 6 T88s on it and makes it run on solid jet fuel revving up to 20,000 ! haha. But seriously, looks like an intresting, fun project. I'm sure there are a lot of of people who would do something like this if they had the resources. What color are you going to paint it?

~If the links to my images are broken, please send me the URL of the thread so I can fix them. Thank you.~
10 トヨタ so far...
GearCalc :: A Guide to Posting :: 4AC Powered - Get your single cam love
UNLIMITED 86

2296 posts [92%]
San Diego CA

Re: (NIXmx1) » Reply  Edit

Id be scared just driving next to that thing, let alone inside it.
Just because its put together doesnt make it right.

Scary....

85 GTS Hatchback
87 GTS Coupe
10 Evo GSR
t76vr4

31 posts [92%]
jax fl

» Reply  Edit

black with bronze wheels and cage

again! its not even close to being done settle down about the rear end. im waiting for more cromoly to tie the cage into it and finish bracing. same with steering and all.

t76vr4

31 posts [92%]
jax fl

ok i got alot done but i didnt bring the camra so this is just the exhaust i did..
no mufflers just 3" stainless

ubber sweet heh

and the 1980 something, street legal 50cc bike with a 220cc in and welded up.

i get really sidetracked but, ill try and get more pictures of fuel, sheet metal, and clutch

ae924afdx

2319 posts [98%]
Somewhere NC

??? ...

the exhaust thru the inside then took it out from the side of the taillight??????????????????????????????

Any special reasons on doing that?..

You have lots of skills and ideas.. but without being offensive.. you are trashing that ae86 .

Good luck.

Email: jose_centeno_perez(AT symbol)hotmail.com
Reno86

287 posts [100%]
Reno NV

Re: (ae924afdx) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by ae924afdx »
??? ...

the exhaust thru the inside then took it out from the side of the taillight??????????????????????????????

Any special reasons on doing that?..

You have lots of skills and ideas.. but without being offensive.. you are trashing that ae86 .

Good luck.

He started with an SR5, its fair game.

I can't agree with the exhaust, but good luck on the IRS.

converted Rotary guy.
alx954

202 posts [90%]

Re: (Reno86) » Reply  Edit

true, would have bee nicer to hide the exhaust
sharptdi

71 posts [100%]
Virginia Beach VA

Re: (alx954) » Reply  Edit

Keep it up, I want to see videos when its done! I'm quite confused as to why people are bashing your IRS setup...yes it looks rough now but it's obviously not complete and IRS setups have most certainly been proven. I have seen this type of conversion on an 86 before and the results are impressive when done right.

I do wonder why you ran the exhaust there? Isn't it going to melt the tail lamp?

Good Luck with the project

86 Corolla GTS - full blown track car
00 Audi S4 - DD
04 Jetta TDI - In pieces :(
t76vr4

31 posts [92%]
jax fl

Re: (sharptdi) » Reply  Edit

heh yeah its just a sr5. ok this is a none titled car, it was free, its built for track use only (maybe trailer it out and race on the road.. a large problem ppl have with drift cars are clearences with exhaust and getting there turbo manifolds cracked or bent thn they loose the whole day from one part so im making it so that i can baha race this turd and not brake ****! couldnt run it under the rear end so i brought it inside and why spend more bends and distance then needed to put it back under when i found that perfectly good hole in the back? ha taillight wont melt, but it will damn sure be smoked after a run or two. thank you some one understands the irs!!! i have not seen a d1 drift ae86 with stock style rear susp. they change them to coilover style and still dont get enough grip.. the pro d1 drift car has irs!. i think out of a 240 or some **** but it has a rb25 at least i stuck to all toyota..
 First  1 2 3 4 5 >  Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs