Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 1JZ corolla coupe with IRS- 56k... hehFirst  < 1 2 3 4 5   Last
Author Post
gvilleracer

44 posts [99%]
Jacksonville Florida

Re: (Ace123) » Reply  Edit

Wow, a lot of hate going on.

The car has passed tech many times.
The fuel cell and exhaust are seperated by a sheet metal and heat wraped.
The rear suspension has been tied to the cage, cleaned up greatly and has its own sheet metal shock towers now and looks very close to stock from the inside. I beleive the driver has also added a aluminum bulk head to seperate and seal the cell and exhaust from the drivers compartment since the last event.

The car has been beat on at many drift events and is holding up way better than most that cost 10X's as much. It ran non-stop at a summer event with ZERO problems. Meanwhile, my "traditional" corolla was shitting its guts into the catch can
It is fast as hell, gets loads of tractions, and is very well balanced.

Its also very competetive because it has the grip, light weight, and power to pull away from the chase car while in drift on faster sections where most corolla owners are just trying to stay in drift. He learnned how to drift pretty good at a one day event in GA with no feeling in one hand; must not be too hard to drive!

Oh, and I was willing to get in it and drive it; and that **** was awsome!
Feels just as light and snappy as mine. Only way more fun!

I would rock it any day!

turbosr20ae86

307 posts [89%]
559 ca

Re: (gvilleracer) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by gvilleracer »

The rear suspension has been tied to the cage, cleaned up greatly and has its own sheet metal shock towers now and looks very close to stock from the inside. I beleive the driver has also added a aluminum bulk head to seperate and seal the cell and exhaust from the drivers compartment since the last event.

The car has been beat on at many drift events and is holding up way better than most that cost 10X's as much. It ran non-stop at a summer event with ZERO problems. Meanwhile, my "traditional" corolla was shitting its guts into the catch can

Its also very competetive because it has the grip, light weight, and power to pull away from the chase car while in drift on faster sections where most corolla owners are just trying to stay in drift. He learnned how to drift pretty good at a one day event in GA with no feeling in one hand; must not be too hard to drive!

I would rock it any day!

i would to take some pics on it when ever you see it again
dr.occa

2382 posts [93%]
The Lonestar State

Quote, originally posted by gvilleracer »

I would rock it any day!

nice.

86 Garage Magazine
"Strictly All Things 86"
krammitthefrog

2075 posts [79%]
Santa Barbara CA

cool, lets see some videos of it sliding.

http://www.machine-ep.com ; socal standalone ecu dealer/installer (only licensed autronic dealer in california) :thumbup:

<3 stock bleutops
http://www.hardparking.org - anyone come check it out! :thumbup:

Jtek

10367 posts [100%]
Portland OR

» Reply  Edit

BUMP

Lets see the finished product.
I will admit, I feel greatly better for you driving it than me driving it lol

I want to see more of barry's install of cool into a civic.

Ender-DI

4208 posts [100%]
Bakersfield CA

Re: (Jtek) » Reply  Edit

Good luck with that, JTEK. Bet you anything he's not coming back to this swirling pit of negativity.
Jtek

10367 posts [100%]
Portland OR

» Reply  Edit

gvilleracer, quit talking and get some pictures, would you? Please? See, I asked nice
charlesshen

1 posts [100%]
orlando fl

» Reply  Edit

i must say i love all of what i see im doing some thing similar now except with a s13 rear end
Jeonsah

1814 posts [95%]
Co

» Reply  Edit

just posting my opinion. This is horrible.

WTB AE86 Best Motoring International Vol. 42. Pm if you have it!
yngtunr

640 posts [80%]
jacksonville fl

Re: (Jeonsah) » Reply  Edit

i live in jacksonville florida and have seen this car....i asked him why he didnt finish this thread and said that coming on here was a waste of time because ppl wer flaming the **** out of his first 25% of the build....

the car is all buttoned up nice and looks very sturdy...many many things were fixed and i rode in it once....it scared the **** out of me....stayed completely flat in full drift corners and was fast as hell....

i give this guy

Serg562

90 posts [100%]
SingSing ny

» Reply  Edit

bump gud job my dude swap looks gud i want to do the sam thing but wit a 2jz ..man gud luck wit wat ever left
86noobie7

15 posts [100%]
gaithersburg md

Re: (t76vr4) » Reply  Edit

dood that sr5 is lookin badd ass...respect for craftsmanship!!
m4nfred

490 posts [94%]
Miramar Fl

» Reply  Edit

ahh deathtrap lol

THE 86 LIFE!!!
Jtek

10367 posts [100%]
Portland OR

» Reply  Edit

Muster the balls to post updated pictures.

So far hes got a POS. Lets see it all fixed up.
Look at what we have to see for this build....its kinda scary. You get where we're coming from? Prove hes fixed it up.

I wanna see it finished! I, too, have a 1jz in a corolla.

DO IT, DO WORK!

krammitthefrog

2075 posts [79%]
Santa Barbara CA

Re: (Jtek) » Reply  Edit

all i'm gonna say is i've never seen a legit buildup that ended well when mockup started like that.

http://www.machine-ep.com ; socal standalone ecu dealer/installer (only licensed autronic dealer in california) :thumbup:

<3 stock bleutops

silver_hatch2

800 posts [88%]

Re: (krammitthefrog) » Reply  Edit

its not your car, you didnt pay for him to do, so shut up..

when you post pics of whatever you build im sure it will be just like everyone else
on here, people just copy eachother its retarded.

i give props at least he did something NO ONE else has and who cares what it looks like, he is the only one driving it, not you, or the next guy, or his friend, so just leave this alone dude. seriously

xLeviNx

1 posts [100%]
USA ID

» Reply  Edit

Hes not posting on here because he died when car fell apart driving down the road.
krammitthefrog

2075 posts [79%]
Santa Barbara CA

Re: (silver_hatch2) » Reply  Edit

i can go weld some big blobs in the shape of giant pieces of crap. it will be abstract, unique, and my own. doesn't necessarily mean its good.

different is good if you take the time to do it right.

still waiting to see some action shots/videos of this car...

<3 stock bleutops

ae924afdx

2319 posts [98%]
Somewhere NC

Re: (krammitthefrog) » Reply  Edit

any updates? i wonder how the owner is.. is he alive?

Email: jose_centeno_perez(AT symbol)hotmail.com
onelungderryl

2642 posts [87%]
American Canyon CA

» Reply  Edit

exhaust inside next to fuel cell... looks like he also used rubber hoses from the back of the car forward as well.

blog -> http://onelungderryl.blogspot.com/
JDMwhiteboy

92 posts [100%]
Carrollton Texas

Re: (onelungderryl) » Reply  Edit

I don't mean to zombie thread but sweet Jesus this looks like zilvia.net with all the flaming. Y'all should be ashamed of yourself, this is a Toyota forum.

To the OP, Thank you for not giving a **** and building this car your own way. Its so nice to see something different and not cookiecutter. Hope to find pics of the finished build!

"Well hypothetically, this should work"

Ae86MAC

238 posts [100%]
San fernando Ca

» Reply  Edit

Thumbs up! Pics please!

AE85MAC
AE85MyAE86Corolla
:))
Warren

194 posts [93%]
Victoria BC

» Reply  Edit

Much better than you average blacktop panda showcar... hahaha

This is rad, rare to see creativity on here, especially someone actually learning about making cars, vs bolt ons...

First  < 1 2 3 4 5   Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs