Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 LS1 or F20c into a ae86?
Author Post
foamcup

196 posts [100%]
Philadelphia Pa

LS1 or F20c into a ae86? Reply  Edit

Well I have been looking all over the web for anyone or any pictures of a ae86 with a ls1 swap done to it. What do you guys think about a ls1 swap over a f20c swap? Any info or links will be great.

orangekid

3249 posts [87%]
please, no pictures...

» Reply  Edit

what are you using the car for?
nlt4ac

526 posts [99%]
Kingsland GA

Re: LS1 or F20c into a ae86? (foamcup) » Reply  Edit

i say do it. i dont think that setup would make a good daily driver. but it would be bad ass

I before E except after C
....weird rule I think.

Will pay $$$ for a hard copy of Project Car #15 in good condition text 912-Two27 Two365
-Sean

beasted86

617 posts [100%]
Miami FL

No doubt it would be fast, but your looking at 60:40 weight distribution or worse, and no room to ever work on the engine. The torque is also a little too much for such a light car.

If your after torque but want an engine that is light as an F20C but cheaper, how about a KA24DE, 160ft/lbs stock. With boost would make a killer engine for very cheap. Or go F22c torque with power.

7AGTE AW11.... Coming soon
foamcup

196 posts [100%]
Philadelphia Pa

» Reply  Edit

Thanks for all your input guys, i was thinking the ls1 has more hp than I wanted, I'm going to save that swap for my 240sx. I was thinking about the f22c motor as well but could only find them in the $7000 range. I end up getting a f20c swap a few days ago for a decent price, I was lucky to find one locally = ).

nlt4ac

526 posts [99%]
Kingsland GA

Re: (foamcup) » Reply  Edit

post pics of the swap

....weird rule I think.

Will pay $$$ for a hard copy of Project Car #15 in good condition text 912-Two27 Two365
-Sean

foamcup

196 posts [100%]
Philadelphia Pa

» Reply  Edit

Here you go... = )

I'll promise to update when I have more work done to it.

I'm going to order the mounts and aem ems this weekend = ).

Swap has 40,000 miles on it, 2001 s2000.

beasted86

617 posts [100%]
Miami FL

Wait... They sell a bolt in F20c mount kit for the AE86? Who? Where? How Much?

7AGTE AW11.... Coming soon
foamcup

196 posts [100%]
Philadelphia Pa

» Reply  Edit

http://www.jspfab.com/catalog/i1.html

Here you go, Mr. John is a well known member/Sponser on here. You can purchase from his website.

nlt4ac

526 posts [99%]
Kingsland GA

I like that green on the engine.
i think a 86 would look sweet that color.

i dont know much about the engine but i hear its sweet

good luck with the build

....weird rule I think.

-Sean

AE86STALKER

223 posts [95%]
Indianapolis/Portales IN/NM

Quote, originally posted by foamcup »
Well I have been looking all over the web for anyone or any pictures of a ae86 with a ls1 swap done to it. What do you guys think about a ls1 swap over a f20c swap? Any info or links will be great.

1uz has been done, its the most popular, plus you stay yota, lol, http://www.dtdirl.com/forums/s...age=2

ruiz913

152 posts [99%]
Neither Here Nor There NJ

» Reply  Edit

That green looks rice tastic
turbosr20ae86

307 posts [89%]
559 ca

Re: (ruiz913) » Reply  Edit

here you my bro ls1 engine came off a cts

skyline3270

154 posts [100%]
Riverside CA

» Reply  Edit

i know a guy who built a 350 ls1 ae86 for drifting, i can ask him what would be the better option if you want
vincent brick

462 posts [99%]
Los Angeles CA

Re: (skyline3270) » Reply  Edit

If anyone has more info on LS-swapped AE86s I would really appreciate it.

I miss my AE86 far more than I thought I would. RWD Corolla wagon next please!
CelicaDRIFTER

5543 posts [89%]
Downey CA

Re: (vincent brick) » Reply  Edit

i've always wanted to see an LS1 in an AE86. haha.

also i hear they weigh as much as a KA.

R. Rabe Body & Paint
Automotive Plastic Surgeon
http://www.myspace.com/rrabespl

mexellent

402 posts [94%]
arlington tx

Re: (CelicaDRIFTER) » Reply  Edit

Yeah, LS1's are actually alot lighter than people would believe (and smaller). Ive heard of people puting LS1's into FD's without hurting weight distribution. Also, people have swapped them into E36 bmw's and have actually increased the amount of rear wheel weight in weight distribution.

The problem with our cars is the engine and tranny combo is really light (about 350 lbs). And stock the cars are supposed to be slightly front heavy (53% front). This is probably a compromise that toyota made in order to fit 4 people into the car comfortably.

However, if you have the resources to stuff an LSX engine in a corolla, Ill be darned if you cant figure out a way to get the weight distribution to be 50% front. You can either take weight off the front or add weight to the rear. You may frown on adding weight, but adding weight to the car has the same effect as lightening the unsuspended mass. Granted, its not ideal but if you have 350hp at your disposal a couple of extra lbs isnt gonna do you any harm.

NEVER SAY NEVER!!!

"Bisexuality immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night."
-Woody Allen
AE86-n00b

66 posts [94%]
Yukon Oklahoma

Re: (CelicaDRIFTER) » Reply  Edit

LS1's weigh LESS than a KA24, and I wouldn't be suprised if they weigh less than a 4age. they are all aluminum, and a v engine.

1977 Toyota Celica GT. F22c w/ ITBs
1985 Toyota AE86 GTS
1993 Nissan 240sx RB25DET
1995 Nissan 240sx (daily)

-----------------------------
e/mail me @ Nismojunky@ymail.com

mexellent

402 posts [94%]
arlington tx

Re: (AE86-n00b) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by AE86-n00b »
LS1's weigh LESS than a KA24, and I wouldn't be suprised if they weigh less than a 4age. they are all aluminum, and a v engine.

KA24 maybe, but 4AG definitely not. The 4AG is one of the lightest "high output" 4 cylinder engines around. There maybe some smaller, lighter engines from cars such as the starlet or a datsun 1200 but I doubt you could make as much hp from one of those engines as you could with a 4AG.

But anyway a fully dressed 4AG and T50 weighs about 340lbs (w/o PS and AC?) without an exhaust manifold. If you stop and think about it its REALLY awesome.

http://www.geocities.com/Motor...e.htm

"Bisexuality immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night."
-Woody Allen
f20cmx5

1 posts [100%]
East Orange NJ

Just in case anybody is interested I have a full F20c swap for sale: I can be reached by email at capitpuds@yahoo.com

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/ind...28919

Jtek

10367 posts [100%]
Portland OR

» Reply  Edit

How bout a radial 28cyl from an old school plane? hahah Look that ish up.
M1

1410 posts [99%]
Jax FL

» Reply  Edit

try a Chevy V6, just like the V8s but shorter if you are worried about weight, but if you get an LS then you get alot of aluminum components right?

why not try a Kawasaki 1400cc moto engine? or even a Suzuki Hayabusa 1300cc engine.

My cousin uses the hayabusa engines in his scaled down dirt track cars.

origami the situation from what's considered unsuitable into something beautiful
AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

» Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by foamcup »

It is kind a hard to tell from above picture but, your base car looks very clean.
Good luck with your project and post some progress here.

It looks like your new engine has polished cover & intake manifold as well.....

zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

» Reply  Edit

bringing it back but yeah but what happened to this project?
foamcup

196 posts [100%]
Philadelphia Pa

» Reply  Edit

Wow i forgot about this thread.

It's pretty much done. Just getting a paint job and putting jdm bumpers on. I did try to sell her but decided it would just be too much of a lost if i did.

Here you go. Started with a stock gts...3 years later and over 30k into her.

zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

» Reply  Edit

Wow 30k, ouch! shoulda went the LS1 route for that much, the meshies look badass on it, you going over fenders so you can go lower?
Chemtrails

78 posts [100%]
Nibiru. Ca

» Reply  Edit

Nice work, nice swap....Wheels are a lil too much in my worthless opinion.

"If patience is a virtue, Then time is ment to hurt you".
whitespartian

978 posts [97%]

Re: (Chemtrails) » Reply  Edit

well the good news is you can do an ls1 without 60/40. when u add the weight of the rear end you need you will be closer to 5050. and the too much power for a light car hmmm the car won't be so light after v8. what you gotta take in is the brakes and the chassis stiffness you would need. and decide if that's what u want. I have a v6 with a dodge rear end and cut the 210 lb roof off to make up the difference

Modified by whitespartian at 6:28 PM 4/13/2012

will trade roll cage work for overfenders, flares, carbon/fiberglass hood,
give me a call, or text is best
drift warrior fabrication, clarksville Tn
Carl -(909)435-8206

zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

» Reply  Edit

» Return to Engine - Other Toyota engines and off brand powerplants.