Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 Huge Loss for AE86/MR2 Fans today... Japan TRD's Mr.Sakurai Passed Away.First  < 1 2 3 >  Last
Author Post
GTSRolla34

1380 posts [100%]
San Antonio TX

» Reply  Edit

I was really anticipating his next rendition of Tsuchiya's 20V 4ag. I was counting on him tuning it to beat the MRS in the touge challenges without stroking the engine. RIP Mr. Sakurai. You'll be dearly missed.
gym86

155 posts [100%]

Re: Huge Loss for AE86/MR2 Fans today... JAPAN TRD's Mr. Sa ... (Moto-P) » Reply  Edit

Thank you for everything! You will you be missed! God bless your soul! And may you Rest In Peace Mr. Sakurai!
Max_Misawa

30794 posts [99%]
San Jose CA

» Reply  Edit

This is a great loss of 4AG tuning knowledge
He will be missed

Max

Send me an e-mail

Maxfrommisawa@aol.com

No More Toll Free Number Sorry Guys :(

bramos

46 posts [100%]
Socal

Re: Huge Loss for AE86/MR2 Fans today... JAPAN TRD's Mr. Sa ... (Moto-P) » Reply  Edit

Your tuning magic on 4AG engines makes me proud to have a 20 valve 4AG at the heart of my First Generation Daruma Celica.

My deepest condolences to your family and loved ones.

Mr. Sakurai, may you rest in peace.

kitsune
There is no charge for AWESOME

3808 posts [100%]
Seattle WA

» Reply  Edit

My condolences.

The best legendary AE86 and 4AGE tuner that shared a lot of knowledge through racing and developed many new and creative ideas to improve racing.

Your legacy will always live on through your friends, family, racers, and especially the AE86 4AGE family.

Mike

virtual_bob

102 posts [100%]

» Reply  Edit

You will be sorely missed Mr. Sakurai...

Your work on the 4AG and AE86 is the stuff of legends and will be the benchmark of all in the years to come.

R.I.P.

My condolences to his family too...

Regards,

Bob

D-Lish

3442 posts [100%]
Orange CA

» Reply  Edit

legend. My condolences to his family and the community. His efforts and acheivements will be lived on by this very family of those who live the toyota life. As long as there are 4ags and trd enthusiasts, there he will live on. We represent his achievemetns. Live on Mr. Sakurai.

Merry Motoring!
http://battleversion.com :thumbup:
Rainbuhdrawp
derektron AT yahoo.com
On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion- Speed Levitch
Ender-DI

4208 posts [100%]
Bakersfield CA

Re: Huge Loss for AE86/MR2 Fans today... JAPAN TR ... (GRN86COUPE) » Reply  Edit

Thank you, Mr. Sakurai. Rest in peace.
ura86

1931 posts [98%]
Central FL

» Reply  Edit

Is this him?

"Foro para la comunidad de AE86 de Puerto Rico http://ae86pr.com/ "

Starlet KP61 Forum http://www.kp61.com
GumballF355

3997 posts [100%]

» Reply  Edit

yup.

I will moderate in moderation...
ae924afdx

2319 posts [98%]
Somewhere NC

Re: (GumballF355) » Reply  Edit

damn.. i feel bad. i was watching the hot version... vol86 that is not that old and he looked alright..
He did a lot for all us.. he is not going to be forgotten.

Email: jose_centeno_perez(AT symbol)hotmail.com
PunkRockAW11

141 posts [100%]
Whittier CA

Re: Huge Loss for AE86/MR2 Fans today... JAPAN TR ... (GRN86COUPE) » Reply  Edit

wow, thats a real shame, he has contributed so very much. Rest in Peace Mr. Sakurai.

THE KEY IS HAVING THE GUTS TO RAISE WITH THE SECOND HIGHEST HAND!!!
85 MR2 B.T. 20V

oyoriae86coupe

601 posts [80%]
Sunnyvale/Cupertino. CA

awwww i liked him alot, he sounded and looked so nice and calm, dorikin must be off lines now!

rest in pce!

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can
Levistey0

1705 posts [96%]
Las Vegas Nevada

My Condolences.

TRD parts are the BEST. He definitely won't be forgotten.

wasn't he the one wearing a black TRD windbreaker in the Keichi Tsuychiya 86 bible video?

-Mike

"MAKE it fit!"

OhhW3rd???

chocobot

451 posts [100%]
Los Angeles CA

» Reply  Edit

さくらいさん
どうも有難うございます。

からお悔やみ申し上げます。

Your skill in Reading has increased by 1 point.
ura86

1931 posts [98%]
Central FL

Re: (chocobot) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by chocobot »
さくらいさん
どうも有難うございます。

からお悔やみ申し上げます。

^ +1

"Foro para la comunidad de AE86 de Puerto Rico http://ae86pr.com/ "

Starlet KP61 Forum http://www.kp61.com
Gregory Gawaran

1723 posts [96%]
Plano TX

» Reply  Edit

Rest in peace Mr. Sakurai. Thank you for all your contributions to the toyota world.
speedyrolla

137 posts [100%]
Aruba

» Reply  Edit

Rest In peace Mr.Sakurai
KumaXL

1454 posts [86%]
Graveyard in SoCal

» Reply  Edit

I am deeply saddend that I havent seen this till now. My thought go to his family, and my thanks go to the legend.

"Obstacles exist only to be broken" - A very misguided man.
909AE86

787 posts [99%]
Murrieta CA

» Reply  Edit

R.I.P awesome dude!!! One of the gods in the TOYOTA family!!
WESTCOASTN86

628 posts [93%]
Southern California, SGV CA

» Reply  Edit

RIP Mr. Sakurai..

str8westcoastn@gmail.com
Toyota all day.
ClubAE86

153 posts [100%]

RIP Sakurai San. So sad that he couldn't finished the TRD AE86 N2 for Tsuchiya San. Last race with a broken crank....
Anyways, always thought he's the god of AE86 Tuner.

zenkigts

558 posts [86%]
East Bay ca

» Reply  Edit

REST IN PARADISE.... you's a beast Mr. Sakurai

http://www.MotoskinLLC.com
Providing the Greater Bay Area with clear bra, wheel repair and car vinyl wrapping services
AZNWOKZ
WOK Moderator

2081 posts [100%]
CT

» Reply  Edit

Is there any media about this? I kinda wonder the reaction of the automotive world.

any words of the professional drivers, etc?

http://www.ectoyotas.com
Are you from the East Coast? If so,Please join

∧,,∧
 (;`・ω・)  。・゚・⌒) チャーハン作るよ!!
 /   o━ヽニニフ))
 しー-J
MOKKORI to the max =)
WOK WOK WOK!!!! :P
Club4ag is like a World wide Swap Meet,I Keep coming back.Community :thumbup:

ClubAE86

153 posts [100%]

Re: » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by AZNWOKZ »
Is there any media about this? I kinda wonder the reaction of the automotive world.

any words of the professional drivers, etc?

Honestly, I would have thought that Hot Version would have said something with the most recent released issue. But still nothing. Maybe until the next AE86 N2 race again? They will mention this?

AZNWOKZ
WOK Moderator

2081 posts [100%]
CT

» Reply  Edit

I would thought something would pop in the media or something like that.

Mechanics, Engeineers, and many people behind the scense tend to get over shadowed. They somewhat help technology improve.

Im sure there will be something in the Japanese media than in the USA and else where.

Im pretty sure the other AE86 garage owners, drivers, etc will mention him as one of the great respected man.

I think they will honor him in the next N2 race since its a given.

Are you from the East Coast? If so,Please join

∧,,∧
 (;`・ω・)  。・゚・⌒) チャーハン作るよ!!
 /   o━ヽニニフ))
 しー-J
MOKKORI to the max =)
WOK WOK WOK!!!! :P
Club4ag is like a World wide Swap Meet,I Keep coming back.Community :thumbup:

Junesong

98 posts [100%]

Re: (DeFi) » Reply  Edit

Since so much of that car was influenced by Sakurai i think Tsuchiya might want to keep it as he left it. Besides Sakurai's last words on that segment were "I will make the car win before we get to the 5AG." So who knows he may stay where he is with it but im sure he would also want to fulfill Sakurai's dreams for making that 86 as fast as possible. Maybe its just hard for Tsuchiya to find someone else besides Sakurai to touch that car. Again..My greatest condolences to Sakurai and his family.
ae86NYC

946 posts [97%]
New York aka Puerto Rico N.Y.

rest in peace drive drift dream!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yReFNeMDj_k
Drive: Drift: Dream:
Da Eight Six Called Desire
Crazy Azz Crooklyn Kidz!

VR.TWINZAM-AE86

176 posts [100%]

Quote, originally posted by Moto-P »
On March 16th, Morning Japan Time…

Mr. Sakurai of TRD Toyota Technocraft passed away.
He was known recently as featured in Best Motoring Video “AE86 Club” as creator of Keiichi Tsuchiya’s Street AE86 and N2 Battle TRD AE86.

IN the past, he has had a long career at TRD in both racing and street development, and was the ‘hand of god” at making N2 AE86 designs in the 80’s. Also having much to do with almost all Toyota race and sports cars, he was indeed one of the greatest assets to Toyota’s motorsports programs. Also, with rumors and ongoing preparation for AE86’s successor within a few years, it is unfortunate that he did not see or lead the project for this heart and soul car’s return to Toyota product line.

Today we must mourn of a loss of a great hero, who brought the AE86 to glory…

Mr.Sakurai, Rest in Peace.

_

This news sourced from an email I received this morning from Japan. He died in the hospital bed, sufffering from recent complexities of his health.
Please send your condolences here on this thread.

Motohide Miwa
Webmaster, Club4AG

R.I.P to a great Toyota legend.

I was hoping they put his tomb in Soichiro Honda's graveyard since they would share the same values. Well, almost.

Club4AG OG's, where are you at as of right now in this time and age?
Do you remember when this website was first introduced on the old ezboard forum way back in 1997?
Don't you feel like this place wasn't like it used to be with now too many young'un's on the internet that don't know anything about cars? Well, I do.
kp62italy

39 posts [100%]

» Reply  Edit

R.I.P.

1981 Toyota Starlet KP62 + 4A-GE
1983 Toyota Corolla SE KE70 + 5K-B
1980 Toyota Corona CX RT130 + 18R-G
 First  < 1 2 3 >  Last

» Return to Old Farts Talk - Nostalgia and things from long ago...