Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 HELP: Need a picture of under the ITBs, VACUUMFirst  1 2 3 4 >  Last
Author Post
Plex

3761 posts [89%]
Suisun City CA

HELP: Need a picture of under the ITBs, VACUUM Reply  Edit

Hey all, I forgot how the vacuum lines are hooked up on my blacktop, I took them all off to clean up the ITBs... lol I SHOULD have taken pictures.

Pics from under the ITBs would be awesome, I dont remember how the dashpot goes, or any of that...

Summa Cum Laude Graduate, AE86 University Class of '02

ae924afdx

2319 posts [98%]
Somewhere NC

Re: HELP: Need a picture of under the ITBs, VACUUM (Plex) » Reply  Edit

i can get you pics tonight.. i'll be on msn. I want to get rid of all inncesesary parts.. even the pipes//. etc etc.. to make it look clean.

talk to you later..

Email: jose_centeno_perez(AT symbol)hotmail.com
supra_750

325 posts [100%]
Victoria texas

» Reply  Edit

any pics greatful i need this as well

MY fully built 20v n/a build thread:
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=74394

http://www.facebook.com/supra750

Flowisode_Zero

2784 posts [99%]
Glendale AZ

» Reply  Edit

I would love some pics of a cleaner setup. PLEASE post pics of how you routed everything and what can be removed.

Why do noobs call their hatch a HATCHI, but no one calls their coupe a COUCHI?
marvinng

201 posts [100%]
Richmond BC

» Reply  Edit

domi
mod

1129 posts [100%]
St. Ann MO

» Reply  Edit

STICKY THIS!!!
Msglength, since the forum doesn't like caps abuse.

GeneralPostingPolicy:
...if it sounds sarcastic - don't take seriously,
if it sounds dangerous - do not try this at home, or at all...
and if it offends you - just don't listen to it!
supra_750

325 posts [100%]
Victoria texas

» Reply  Edit

omg thank you marvinng

MY fully built 20v n/a build thread:
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=74394

http://www.facebook.com/supra750

VitriumGTS

4730 posts [96%]
San Jose/San Diego CA

» Reply  Edit

strange, when I picked up my blacktop the purge and dashpot lines were in the opposite positions so i kept it that way for my 20v

marvinng-
i talked to you before about the itg filter and I'm running one now with a 3/8 spacer adapter:

hows that tom's FPR? i'm looking for one myself

My RHDJapan.com receipt said: "Your order # is: 100001986". The AE86 gods really are looking out for me.
Flowisode_Zero

2784 posts [99%]
Glendale AZ

» Reply  Edit

Can you take some better pics of how you routed your catch can? Ive seen it mounted so many different ways and I would like to know whats right.

VitriumGTS

4730 posts [96%]
San Jose/San Diego CA

Re: (Flowisode_Zero) » Reply  Edit

flowisode-
for my catch can, I have one line at the back of the valve cover, and the other? goes down to the open ground hahaha I need to dive back into my box of unused ae111 engine parts and grab the unused booster line of throttle body of cylinder 1. If I plug other end of the catch can hose into that, it'll be a sealed system allowing only blowby to be reburnt.

marvinng-
heres what I was talking about:

note the throttle body of cylinder 4 vacuum fitting goes to filter 1 of the throttle opener (dashpot) and the other one is evap purge line

I'm sure swapping those will have no ill effects on the engine...

Modified by VitriumGTS at 7:02 AM 4/15/2008

Modified by VitriumGTS at 7:26 AM 4/15/2008

My RHDJapan.com receipt said: "Your order # is: 100001986". The AE86 gods really are looking out for me.
Flowisode_Zero

2784 posts [99%]
Glendale AZ

» Reply  Edit

Thank you for the pics, that how I have mine routed also, but this thread said different http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=2084 and there are so many damn vacuum lines on the 20V I wanted to see how you did it.

TheDingo8mybaby
Hesketh Racing

701 posts [100%]
Sunnyvale CA

Re: (marvinng) » Reply  Edit

Stickied because this is a common problem for people doing the swap.
VitriumGTS

4730 posts [96%]
San Jose/San Diego CA

Re: (Flowisode_Zero) » Reply  Edit

flowisode-
More about the catch can: we know the 20v has a pcv valve that leads directly into a vacuum block on the ITBs...So I just assumed the opening on the back of the valve cover was just another outlet into the stock plenum. I'm also basing mine on this Japanese setup:

picture side note: yet another 20v running an MDI DLI system

VitriumGTS

4730 posts [96%]
San Jose/San Diego CA

» Reply  Edit

then again, I also have this japanese setup pic with a plugged vacuum block:

Modified by VitriumGTS at 8:19 AM 4/15/2008

mr.icetdizzle

493 posts [96%]
ms

» Reply  Edit

awesomeness. so needed the vaccumm pics

1985 toyota corolla gts coupe silvertop
tuan_n_pham@yahoo.com
ae924afdx

2319 posts [98%]
Somewhere NC

Re: (mr.icetdizzle) » Reply  Edit

so the only important one is the map sensor.. which is around the fuel pressure regulator.. the rest i guess is going to be capped off. Also the brake booster, idle valve and pcv ones i am going to keep them.. the rest.. Gone.

I was wondering.. what the "vacuum solenoid that is hooked up with the "diagphram" connected to the throtle when is closed {i dont know if you guys get it..} .. I want to know what is that for.. and if is really needed. I think is the evap one but not sure.

Thanks a lot.

KID

135 posts [100%]
Frankfurt

Re: (mr.icetdizzle) » Reply  Edit

this is what hlped me

marvinng

201 posts [100%]
Richmond BC

Re: () » Reply  Edit

ae924afdx - the big diaphragm thing is the throttle opener. i'm pretty sure it's needed.

VitriumGTS - i think you're correct. i swapped both "A" & " B" lines last night and worked just fine. btw, do you get much blowby in the oil catch tank?

right now i have a k&n crankcase filter (see 1st pic) for the breather hole behind valve cover, which seems to work so far. i have an oil catch tank from the old 16v setup which i may put back in, but i am planning install the crankcase filter on the other end of the catch tank (if it fits ... lol) instead of closing the loop.

marvin

jspexae102

1141 posts [91%]
Union City CA

» Reply  Edit

while on the subject, what do you guys do with the 2 brake booster vacumm lines? just plug one of them up or T them together @ the brake booster?

Memoryfab.com
M-F 10A - 6P PST
Sat by appt. only
joel23

185 posts [100%]

Re: (jspexae102) » Reply  Edit

great stuff and pics lots of help....
VitriumGTS

4730 posts [96%]
San Jose/San Diego CA

jspexae102
you can plug up the cylinder 1 booster line with a bolt (w/teflon tape) and use cylinder 4's. I bent mine with a metal pipe and aimed it upward to where its nearly straight and connected a spare sr5 booster line to it

ae924afdx

2319 posts [98%]
Somewhere NC

Re: (VitriumGTS) » Reply  Edit

I was going to ask the brake booster question right know.. hehehe. today i took all the lines out and took a good look at it.
I took the cyl 1 brake booster banjo pipe and bolt it on cyl 4.. that way it aims upwards..making it easy to hook it up to the rest of the line going to the booster. I am going to plug cylinder number 1 with a bolt and hopefully it'll work fine.

Any feedback on how it works? Is it just fine by using cyl#4 for the booster?

Thanks.

marvinng

201 posts [100%]
Richmond BC

Re: (ae924afdx) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by ae924afdx »

I was going to ask the brake booster question right know.. hehehe. today i took all the lines out and took a good look at it.
I took the cyl 1 brake booster banjo pipe and bolt it on cyl 4.. that way it aims upwards..making it easy to hook it up to the rest of the line going to the booster. I am going to plug cylinder number 1 with a bolt and hopefully it'll work fine.

Any feedback on how it works? Is it just fine by using cyl#4 for the booster?

Thanks.

yup that's how it works.

marvin

jspexae102

1141 posts [91%]
Union City CA

» Reply  Edit

couple more pictures (not mines but i'm hosting them)

Memoryfab.com
M-F 10A - 6P PST
Sat by appt. only
KID

135 posts [100%]
Frankfurt

can somebody tell me were this line goes to???

marvinng

201 posts [100%]
Richmond BC

Re: (KID) » Reply  Edit

air intake for ISCV. on a stock 20v it goes to the intake plenum (i.e. filtered air).

i put a K&N crankcase filter over it.

marvin

teamkunimitsu

350 posts [100%]
Fukuoka / O.C. ca

Re: HELP: Need a picture of under the ITBs, VACUUM (Plex) » Reply  Edit

pics are a great help guys! thanks to you guys got it running smooth except one thing, idle is way too high... where is the idle adjustment? or ami gona have to recalibrate?
sunami02

871 posts [100%]
Griffin GA

Re: HELP: Need a picture of under the ITBs, VACUUM (teamkunimitsu) » Reply  Edit

Man mine is too does your stay up at 5K......
teamkunimitsu

350 posts [100%]
Fukuoka / O.C. ca

» Reply  Edit

it doesnt idle at 5k though... geez thats kind of high. it actually idles at 2500. Im looking around for the adjuster for idle without messing with calibration of throttle bodies. if anybody knows please let us know. as for sunami02 i think ur set screw is mis adjusted or something causing ur throttle plate to stay slightly open OR maybe a big leak in intake side manifold vacuum etc...

rhymz

474 posts [95%]
Georgetown

» Reply  Edit

mine is idling at around 1.5k - 2k...with the price for gas these days that idle sucks...i was told its the coolant temp sender being a big b!tch...

as for the 5k idle...u definitely got ur idle control hooked up wrong...check all ur hoses...mainly the iscv, and the 2 idle up valves...

First  1 2 3 4 >  Last

» Return to Engine - 4A-GE 20V