Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 HELP: Need a picture of under the ITBs, VACUUMFirst  < 1 2 3 4 >  Last
Author Post
VitriumGTS

4730 posts [96%]
San Jose/San Diego CA

» Reply  Edit

coolant temp sender? That has no bearing on the idle, it simply relays the temp of the coolant to the cluster...

i think you mean the coolant temp sensor, which lets the ECU know whats going on. If it IS the problem you might want to see what readings you get from it when its cold and when its warmed up

My RHDJapan.com receipt said: "Your order # is: 100001986". The AE86 gods really are looking out for me.
NIXmx1

1892 posts [94%]
Las Vegas NV

» Reply  Edit

This is a shot in the dark for me. But if I recall in my 2000 Camry, it would idle high (2300) when the coolant was cold. I believe it's to promote a faster warm up. It could be the same in this case. The temp sensor it self isn't going to change the idle, but the ecu is.

~If the links to my images are broken, please send me the URL of the thread so I can fix them. Thank you.~
10 トヨタ so far...
GearCalc :: A Guide to Posting :: 4AC Powered - Get your single cam love
The Ginger Bread Man...

89 posts [100%]
Provo Ut

Re: (NIXmx1) » Reply  Edit

mine was running a high idol as well (like 3100). I flushed all the liquids (Oil change, and coolant) and it dropped it back down to about 1800. still not prime but its gettin there.

Nobody touches the second shelf but me.
rhymz

474 posts [95%]
Georgetown

» Reply  Edit

yea thats what i ment...the temp sensor...well my idle is around 1300 now...its gettin there...
Jezza

52 posts [100%]

» Reply  Edit

Hey guys. I have a bit of a problem. I've done a 20v conversion in my AE86 and would like to keep running power steering, however, the only vacuum line I have is the one show in this picture that goes to the VSV EVAP

Therefore I have nowhere for the return hose to go from the power steering pump. Any ideas?

jspexae102

1141 posts [91%]
Union City CA

» Reply  Edit

Do anyone know where the hose that says "to power steering" go to?? The PS pump or the rack? Thanks!

Memoryfab.com
M-F 10A - 6P PST
Sat by appt. only
s24a

259 posts [100%]
Canton Michigan

Re: (jspexae102) » Reply  Edit

That line (and another) both go to the steering rack assy.

The idea is that the airflow is adjusted when the steering is moved (like a power steering pressure switch)......

jspexae102

1141 posts [91%]
Union City CA

Re: (s24a) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by s24a »
That line (and another) both go to the steering rack assy.

The idea is that the airflow is adjusted when the steering is moved (like a power steering pressure switch)......

yea I finally figured that out a few weeks back.. the other hose comes from the bottom of the plenium/box... it turns out that my car doesnt have those vac hoses on the rack so I'm just goina keep them plugged.

thanks

Memoryfab.com
M-F 10A - 6P PST
Sat by appt. only
LDAE86

319 posts [100%]
falls church us

Re: (jspexae102) » Reply  Edit

Why do you need 2 filters on that one vaccum line? or should I say one way valve....

http://www.LivingDreamsAutoSalon.com
-TEAM LIVIN DREAMS
-APNFAB
-20v block off plates
http://forums.club4ag.com/zero...age=1
-Alex
alexander

2 posts [100%]
sydney nsw

Re: (LDAE86) » Reply  Edit

i have a 1st gen silver top ITB here. it has only one filter in that line.

alexander

LDAE86

319 posts [100%]
falls church us

Re: (alexander) » Reply  Edit

good look.......

http://www.LivingDreamsAutoSalon.com
-TEAM LIVIN DREAMS
-APNFAB
-20v block off plates
http://forums.club4ag.com/zero...age=1
-Alex
Jon The Greek

297 posts [100%]

» Reply  Edit

Does anyone know why you shouldn't loop the heater core lines? Just wondering.
driftFEVER

414 posts [100%]
tulsa ok

» Reply  Edit

so from changin 20v st to bt... can i cap off line a and line b. .. what do i need to do with vac line c... thanks in advance

correction it would be D ( the one that connects to plenum)

Modified by driftFEVER at 3:13 AM 4/2/2009

"I know exactly how much the car will slide before each turn...it's just like normal driving for me"
m'ville_20v

4 posts [100%]
Madisonville KY

Re: (VitriumGTS) » Reply  Edit

Hey Vit,

Is your throttle opener original, was wondering where I can get the same, I need the second cable connector for a cable that goes to my A/T tranny. wanna swap?

Roadster_fan

723 posts [100%]

Re: » Reply  Edit

Had a few question about the brake booster hoses First, I have the BLacktop so there are 2 outlets for the brake booster, what I was thinking of doing was taking the front one (the one nearest to the timing belt) and swapping that one at the rear port/hole near the tranny then taking off the rear one and just plugging up the front one. Is that okay? Also ISC will that clear the tranny? I haven't bolted it on yet but looks like it won't clear, especially if I put on a small fitler on it. Please let me know. Here's a picture to better explain what I plan to do. Thanks

Plex

3761 posts [89%]
Suisun City CA

» Reply  Edit

If you're putting this in a RWD car, just remove that whole vacuum rail, it unbolts... And just run the brake booster off the large line that feeds the rail for those.

Summa Cum Laude Graduate, AE86 University Class of '02
gudluvin7

32 posts [96%]
Makakilo Hawaii

Re: (KID) » Reply  Edit

does it matter which brake booster line you use?! can you cap one of them?

Plex

3761 posts [89%]
Suisun City CA

» Reply  Edit

No and yes

Doesn't matter which one, cap the other one.

gudluvin7

32 posts [96%]
Makakilo Hawaii

Re: (KID) » Reply  Edit

one more question
do you need that white valve...labeled "To MAP Sensor"?

20v102

278 posts [100%]
Winnipeg MB

» Reply  Edit

To map sensor only applies to blacktop 20v's. The silvertop is air flow meter based and won't have that.
gudluvin7

32 posts [96%]
Makakilo Hawaii

Re: (20v102) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by 20v102 »
To map sensor only applies to blacktop 20v's. The silvertop is air flow meter based and won't have that.

ok...but i do have a BT and that part is missing...i want to know if i could just run a vacuum hose straight to the MAP sensor with out that piece.

thanks

-never mind... I found it!

Modified by gudluvin7 at 10:12 AM 5/12/2009

mandm177-old

1377 posts [100%]
Dallas Tx

» Reply  Edit

Any idea what this is (circled)?
It looks like its hooked up to the charcoal canister, and a port in the manifold, so if i dont have a charcoal canister, can i just plug the port?

Plex

3761 posts [89%]
Suisun City CA

» Reply  Edit

Yep, just plug it

full_lock 86

376 posts [100%]
Tacoma WA

Re: (Plex) » Reply  Edit

can u just plug the vapor gas line too??

i cant seem where to plug the PS vacuum line?? can sommeone have a pic?

LSD, my anti drug
plaid_bit

74 posts [100%]
Ordot GU

Re: HELP: Need a picture of under the ITBs, VACUUM (Plex) » Reply  Edit

hi all! iam in need of your help! can someone post picks of their st to bt conversion??? i want to c how u set-up the map and iat sensor. thanks in advance!
divan

1 posts [100%]
Vredenburg Western Cape

Re: HELP: Need a picture of under the ITBs, VACUUM (plaid_bit) » Reply  Edit

Hi guys

In the pic below, next to the powersteering line there is a outlet that says "to charcoal can". Can anyone please explain this? Not sure what they are refering to. Thanks

Cheers

Modified by divan at 11:51 PM 8/1/2009

DJ Ambiguous

808 posts [100%]

» Reply  Edit

charcoal can vacuum... in charcoal canister there are 3 ports.. one from the fuel tank, one that goes out to the engine vacuum and one on the bottom as a purge... all it does is filter the gas fumes coming from your gas tank and sucks it into the engine to burn off...
herraFLUSH

135 posts [100%]
stockton ca

» Reply  Edit

im doing the blacktop 20v into ae86 swap. i removed the charcoal canister as i dont see the use of it. the complete vacuum rail has been removed by the previous owner and i cant seem to figure out where everything goes.

1. FPR connects to where?

2.i dont have those 2 "to brake booster" hoses on the FPR side of the throttle bodies.. where would i source vacuum for the brake booster?

3.there are 2 banjo fittings on the distributor side of the throttle bodies.. im guessing they are fuel related. which one is feed and which one is return?

4. theres is a brass fitting hooked up to a sensor on the distributor side of the throttle bodies on the underside.. where does this hose connect to??

.. i have a good feeling that some of my questions may eliminate each other.

PLEASE HELP

jajadrift

452 posts [100%]
Glendale ca

» Reply  Edit

i am doing the swap blacktop running with manual ECU on a corolla gts. No power steering no ac no charcoal canister. I took all the railing and now left with a lot of vacuum ports that needs to be connected on something or plugged up. I read up on the thread and still seem confusing. can any one post a pic of ports that need to be plugged and ports need to be connected with my setup if you have any thank you so much.
Mikare

137 posts [100%]
Cebu

» Reply  Edit

To those having problems with their high idle. You could remedy this by connecting adjustable valve on the ISCV tube. Adjusting the volume of air being suck by the ISCV tube regulates the idle of your engine.
 First  < 1 2 3 4 >  Last

» Return to Engine - 4A-GE 20V