Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 HELP: Need a picture of under the ITBs, VACUUMFirst  < 2 3 4 >  Last
Author Post
titus86

336 posts [100%]
spartanburg sc

Re: (Mikare) » Reply  Edit

Where can I get an adjustable valve for the iscv? Mines runs roughly around 1500 rpms. Havnt tried cleaning it though.

name: Titus Yang
car: 1984 ae86 hatch
model: sr5 with gts full conversion
engine: ae111 "blacktop" 4age (in the works)
suspension: D2 sports 36way adjustable

Candunguito

124 posts [100%]
Chicago IL

94 rolla » Reply  Edit

How should I run this hoses for my 94 Rolla?
Drivers Side.
Pink/to Intake.
Red/ Fuel Return (FPR) (my 94 rolla has 2 return gas line)
Blue/To Charcoal Canister
Green/To Power Steering ( no other hose to

Passenger Side
Blue/to Brake Booster (Both lines

beyjer

526 posts [99%]
San Gabriel Valley Ca

Re: 94 rolla (Candunguito) » Reply  Edit

anyone notice the difference here?

revive your plastic trim/lights: http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=81335
titus86

336 posts [100%]
spartanburg sc

Re: 94 rolla (beyjer) » Reply  Edit

Hey beyjer u said yours ran better running your lines this way?

beyjer

526 posts [99%]
San Gabriel Valley Ca

Re: 94 rolla (titus86) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by titus86 »
Hey beyjer u said yours ran better running your lines this way?

yup, although i haven't been able to get it to run right, i think i may have a wiring or timing issue at this point...

titus86

336 posts [100%]
spartanburg sc

Oh ok cool imma have to try that out cause mines still runs like crap... I never had time to mess with it much cause it's getting cold here in south Carolina.

beyjer

526 posts [99%]
San Gabriel Valley Ca

Oh ok cool imma have to try that out cause mines still runs like crap..

what are your symptoms?

titus86

336 posts [100%]
spartanburg sc

Well it runs like it's too lean or something.. In 1st gear it feels normal but then 2nd gear and on when you floor it, it sputters and feels like has no power or something with little sputtering involved after 3500 rpms, And I "think" I got my high idle to go away. I changed out my antifreeze and blead the air out so hope it's ok for now idleing around 800-900 rpms. I'm gonna warm the car up again tomorrow and see if it stays at idle again just to make sure. Other than that, that's the only symptoms I'm having. Ohhhh and I have a check engine light but can't tell what code it is cause I can't find my Diagnostic plug on my harness made from dr.tweak.

beyjer

526 posts [99%]
San Gabriel Valley Ca

Well it runs like it's too lean or something.. In 1st gear it feels normal but then 2nd gear and on when you floor it, it sputters and feels like has no power or something with little sputtering involved after 3500 rpms, And I "think" I got my high idle to go away. I changed out my antifreeze and blead the air out so hope it's ok for now idleing around 800-900 rpms. I'm gonna warm the car up again tomorrow and see if it stays at idle again just to make sure. Other than that, that's the only symptoms I'm having. Ohhhh and I have a check engine light but can't tell what code it is cause I can't find my Diagnostic plug on my harness made from dr.tweak.

kinda sounds like what i'm having, except it's in all gears. going uphil it bogs like crazy until about 5k, idle's at about 1500 - 2000 after warm too.

I've done the following, resetting the ecu after each one w/no change:
1. swaped iscv with a known working unit, no change

2. replaced ecu water temp sensor w/new unit, no change

3. replaced knock sensor w/new unit, no change

4. made sure i was running the correct thermostat and that it's functional, no change

5. swapped map sensor w/known working unit, no change

6. set idle at 800rpm using timing, ran even worse! reset back to 10dbtc

7. adjusted tps, no change

8. changed distributor wires, no change

9. changed air temp sensor w/new oem unit, no change

10. swapped ecu w/known working unit, no change

11. checked all vacuum hoses w/vacuum tester, they all hold pressure and don't leak

The only thing i had left to try was swapping coil/igniter w/known working units, or even swapping wire harness w/known working units.

I sent it over to my mechanic and after about a week, he's still diagnosing...we'll see i guess. at first he though thought it might be the wiring but before that i think he's making sure itb's are synchronized, timing is spot on and all sensors/parts are functional.

i can't wait to get it running correctly, i really hope he finds out what's going on.

wrenchdad

339 posts [100%]
Natchez MS

Have you tried unplugging the VVT solenoid and driving the car to see if that makes any difference? Just thinking it might be in VVT mode when it should not be?

just a thought, wd

" Second place is just the first loser" the late Dale Earnhardt
beyjer

526 posts [99%]
San Gabriel Valley Ca

Re: 94 rolla (wrenchdad) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by wrenchdad »
Have you tried unplugging the VVT solenoid and driving the car to see if that makes any difference? Just thinking it might be in VVT mode when it should not be?

just a thought, wd

that's a great idea, i was thinking about VVT as well. I'm going to see what the tech says and if he runs out of idea's, maybe i'll toss that around with him.

titus86

336 posts [100%]
spartanburg sc

Hey guys where's the vvt solenoid located at? I might just have to try that out also to see if my bogging stops cause I also relize that the car runs smoothly after 5500 rpms too.

Modified by titus86 at 11:05 PM 12/13/2010

beyjer

526 posts [99%]
San Gabriel Valley Ca

Hey guys where's the vvt solenoid located at? I might just have to try that out also to see if my bogging stops cause I also relize that the car runs smoothly after 5500 rpms too.

if you're looking at the engine, it's a 2 wire connector on the exhaust side right at the top front of the engine. here's a pic i found online:

titus86

336 posts [100%]
spartanburg sc

Ahh ok so this is what activates vvt? I'll try drivin the car with this unplugged and see what happens. Ill update u on my part about this.

beyjer

526 posts [99%]
San Gabriel Valley Ca

» Reply  Edit

you might also want to check the fuel pressure regulator, if that's not operating correctly then it may give you the same symptoms.

i've yet to check mine, just throwing the idea out there

Modified by beyjer at 3:25 PM 12/18/2010

titus86

336 posts [100%]
spartanburg sc

Re: (beyjer) » Reply  Edit

Ohh good idea I forgot about that one. Good thing I have another motor to steal parts from lol.

beyjer

526 posts [99%]
San Gabriel Valley Ca

» Reply  Edit

this thread also seems relevant:

http://forums.club4ag.com/zero...93597

these are the exact symptoms my car has, i'll be testing this if my mechanic can't figure out what the issue is

titus86

336 posts [100%]
spartanburg sc

Yeah I have similar symtoms like that too. I might have to get a hold of a pump and try it out, but it's too cold outside right now where I stay lol. Try the fuel pump and let me know. It's just kinda weird that when I had my bluetop in there the pump was working great.

titus86

336 posts [100%]
spartanburg sc

Re: (titus86) » Reply  Edit

Ok update, I unplugged the vvt and it runs smoother now. But all of a sudden the idle can't stay consistant. It'll idle at 700rpm but when the check engine light comes on the idle climbs. I think my check engine light is due to no o2 sensor. The sputtering did go away though with vvt unplugged, bad vvt solenoid?

beyjer

526 posts [99%]
San Gabriel Valley Ca

bad vvt solenoid?

sounds like it could be the culprit, are you able to get your hands on a new one to test before you buy? if you can't find one locally, then i'd call up simon at pass racing...they can usually source blacktop parts.

still no updates on mine, waiting on this rain to stop

titus86

336 posts [100%]
spartanburg sc

Naw I don't have access to a blacktop one but I do hve a silvertop one. I don't think it's interchangable though. What could cause a solenoid to go bad?

beyjer

526 posts [99%]
San Gabriel Valley Ca

Naw I don't have access to a blacktop one but I do hve a silvertop one. I don't think it's interchangable though. What could cause a solenoid to go bad?

i'm not sure, wear and tear maybe or damage during shipping? so many variables...how well did it drive with out it plugged?

titus86

336 posts [100%]
spartanburg sc

It seemed like there was no more sputtering at all. I'm thinkin either it might have stayed in vvt mode the whole time or vvt is bad. Imma search how u can tell if vvt would cause this problem.

beyjer

526 posts [99%]
San Gabriel Valley Ca

It seemed like there was no more sputtering at all. I'm thinkin either it might have stayed in vvt mode the whole time or vvt is bad. Imma search how u can tell if vvt would cause this problem.

I just got my car back and did the following:
1. checked sta wire w/test light, got power during cranking

2. swaped fuel pressure regulators, this made a difference in that the car didn't hesitate as much when i stabbed the throttle around 3k - 4k, but it still hesitated a bit.

3. cleaned my o2 and moved it from the downpipe to before the collector, no difference at all.

4. unplugged the vvt solenoid, reset the ecu and tested it...no sputtering at all, smooth powerband all the way to redline and no check engine lights. applied direct current to the solenoid and could not hear any clicking, confirmed the circuit completed as my test light did turn on...i'm thinking this guy needs to be replaced...

i still have a high idle though, about 1300 rpm but the driveability is a lot better. there seems to be no hesitation when i stab the throttle, the ecu just adjusts fuel and the car goes. the itb's sound a lot cleaner now.

I was talking to a friend who advised vvt engages based on load, speed, tps and rpm. still a few more things to check out...

EDIT:
took apart my iscv and cleaned it, no difference.

took out the vvt solenoid and confirmed it's not stuck, when i apply power & ground to the 2 pins, nothing happens with the spring...i used a test light so i know circuit is completing, i think it's just simply dead. ordered a new one from pass should be here in the next two weeks.

Modified by beyjer at 10:02 AM 12/29/2010

titus86

336 posts [100%]
spartanburg sc

Cool sounds awsome! Let me know how it goes when it comes in. Kinda lazy to check but how much do they go for at pass racing?

beyjer

526 posts [99%]
San Gabriel Valley Ca

Cool sounds awsome! Let me know how it goes when it comes in. Kinda lazy to check but how much do they go for at pass racing?

he hasn't given me a price yet, probably somewhere around $100 i'm guessing? i remember cabe selling them a while back for $98

beyjer

526 posts [99%]
San Gabriel Valley Ca

finally able to get another vvt solenoid and it made a world of difference, no hesitation/bogging, smooth power band all the way to redline w/vvt working as well.

titus86

336 posts [100%]
spartanburg sc

awsome!!! imma have to get me a new one too i guess. sucks cause i gotta drive my car with no high in power for right now.

chronic

28 posts [100%]
Quezon City Metro Manila

Re: (jspexae102) » Reply  Edit

@jspexae102 i noticed your picture for the heater lines says don't loop but your image has the heater lines looped. should it be looped or not? if not, what's the reason for not looping? TIA!
JAVResistance

48 posts [100%]

Re: (chronic) » Reply  Edit

Does somebody has done a turbo setup with this engine? I need a guide on routing the vacuum lines for a turbo setup and with a Microtech ECU. If someone has done it, can you please share it with me? Thanks in advance for your help.
 First  < 2 3 4 >  Last

» Return to Engine - 4A-GE 20V