Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 need help with ae92 4agze wiring. plzzzz
Author Post
4agzee

271 posts [99%]
w.v.c ut

need help with almost finished ae92 4agze wiring. (pics inside) Reply  Edit

im swapping a ae92 4agze into a ae86 i need help with the following

there are two relays attached to the harness one is of course the fuel pump relay. what is the other relay?

what do i do with the plug circled in red?
the blue wire with blk stripe out lined in blue (bad outline blends with wires) where do i attached that?

these are wires that came off the distributor location where do these go ?

i have everything wired in besides the ones above. i wanted to see if the fuel pump would click on when i turned the key. it didnt turn on i checked the circuit opening relay where the fuel pump's 12v is attached to and i checked it for voltage with a multi meter and and had NO 12v at the fuel pumps out put so i tried another circuit opening relay it also did not work . so is there a circuit or a ground that needs to be connected to for the COR relay to work?

Turtle

2681 posts [98%]

Re: need help with almost finished ae92 4agze wiring. (4agzee) » Reply  Edit

I don't have a wiring diagram for an AE92, but:

1) post up the wire colors in the clip. the group of wires may help in identifying the sensor. my guess is that it may be the IC regulator.

2) post what wire colors are on that 3rd picture, they are not clear.

chances are, those wires lead to that clip. in any case, with that info, someone may be able to help you.

R

The Adventures of TURTLE and LOLA the CoLola Updated: 06/28/2011

Lola, the 1980s called. It says it wants its pedals back.

LOLA, The Freshmaker

Turtle's HELLA CHMSLs

Lola's Off the Crank: A Window's Rise to Power

Turtle vs. the W-58

Capnkwik

233 posts [98%]
Halifax, Nova Scotia

» Reply  Edit

That other relay is the supercharger relay, turns the charger on and off.
I can't see the shape of the plug in the next pic. How many wires and what color.
Blue w/black stripe is probably fuel pump power which comes from COR and runs to the gas tank.
Need wire colors in 3rd pic also.
4agzee

271 posts [99%]
w.v.c ut

» Reply  Edit

the plug has 5pins but only two wires coming out of it the colors are blue. and a black with red stripe

the three wire colors are
black with orange stripe
white
black

Turtle

2681 posts [98%]

Re: (4agzee) » Reply  Edit

there are limited wiring diagrams out there, it seems. is the AE92 MAP version gze? i don't know for certain, but my guesses:

the Black-Orange looks like it could be for the igniter or coming from the ignition switch.

is your igniter connected and working?

white and black are usually interconnected with like colors throughout the harness. sometimes they can be closed off. there is a possibility that these wires could've been for your alternator, but don't quote me on that because i can't even find the alternator on the 3 confusing wiring diagram pages i google imaged. is your alternator connected and working? if so, how? is it your original GT-S alternator which is connected via the body harness?

as for the 5-pin connector with only 2 wires, i can't figure it out. there isn't enough data that i could find to pin-point it. chances are that it's going to a fan or something. a relay would have more wires to it.

R

LOLA, The Freshmaker

Turtle's HELLA CHMSLs

Turtle vs. the W-58

Capnkwik

233 posts [98%]
Halifax, Nova Scotia

» Reply  Edit

I'd have to agree with most of what Turtle said. Black/orange is definatly ignition.
My ae92 gze had a 5 pin plug with 2 blue, 2 black/red and a black/ orange.
The centre black plug in this pic is part of the engine harness and is going to the key/ignition. The blue wires are for fuel pump power.

4agzee

271 posts [99%]
w.v.c ut

» Reply  Edit

yes its the map version
i have the altanator hooked up with the gze engine harness but i connected the two thick white wires that recharge the battery from the gts body harness how did you hook up your alternator turtle?

well that 5pin plug is connected to the grey 22pin dash harness according to the write up i got from crownvicman the blk-red stripe is connected to the circuit opening relay and blue from the power from the COR to the fuel pump is that correct?

does any know whats up with my circuit opening relay?

Turtle

2681 posts [98%]

I don't have the MAP version. mine is the AFM MR2 version.

my alternator is connected to the harness, which leads to the IC regulator. 2 wires from the IC regulator... i can't remember for certain, but I think I lead those wires to the GTS ALT clip which is connected to the body harness, which leads to 2 fuses which i THINK are ENGINE 15a and EFI 7.5a. I don't have my notes in front of me, so i can't say which 2 wires.

R

EDIT
-------

i copy and pasted this from an IM conversation I had not too long ago:

(6:46 PM 4/17/2008) Turtle: plug for IC reg comes off the harness, but it's dispersed in this way:

4 of 6 wires go straight to the alternator - GRN, BLK, WHT-BLK, WHT

(6:47 PM 4/17/2008) Turtle: the BLK-YEL wire leads to the big 22-pin connector. my notes say this is for the engine 10a, which is connected through the GTS ALT plug.
(6:50 PM 4/17/2008) Turtle: the YEL wire leads to the big 22-pin connector. my notes say that this leads to the CHARGE 7.5a fuse which is connected through the GTS ALT plug, IIRC.
(6:52 PM 4/17/2008) Turtle: the GTS ALT plug is the plug that connects the body harness to the back of the alternator, 3 wires, WHT, BLK and BLU.
(6:53 PM 4/17/2008) Turtle: i can't find the notes that indicate which of the WHT, BLK, BLU go to which fuses.

again, this is based on my USDM MR2 4agze, NOT the AE92 MAP version I can't say that it's the same wiring map because the systems are quite different.

LOLA, The Freshmaker

Turtle's HELLA CHMSLs

Turtle vs. the W-58

Roti

4 posts [100%]
Kent

Hi,
I have just swapped a MAP JDM 4AGZE from an AE92 into an '86 AW11.
I envy your AE86 swap My ZE was s'posed to go into my AE86 but never did...

I have attached links to a few photos from my swap, do you have any of these plugs?

I have got a list of all the wire colours and what they map to if it helps.

This plug used to go into the relay block #2 on the AE92.

The thick white wire is the permanent live supply to the car chassis from the battery (fused on mine on the battery terminal)

The Black/Red stripe I connected to the ignition coil feed on the AW11 chassis plug (12V supply when ignition on)

The Red/Black stripe wires seem to be permanent live. I left them disconnected.

The other wire is Green/Black stripe. Left disconnected.

More photos to come.
Hope this helps,

Richard.

Roti

4 posts [100%]
Kent

In your photo, I can't see the JDM Circuit opening relay, so it may be where the plug you circled in red plugs into. Here are a few more pictures of mine.

Black/Orange stripe is the main injector power feed. On my AW11 ( IIRC my AE86 had a resistor pack in the engine bay also ) I bypassed the injector resistor pack and wired both power feeds into this wire.

In this photo, the plug on the left is the ECU 'Y' connector,
2nd from the left plugs into the engine loom.
It has the Black/Orange stripe wire that powers the injectors.
Blue wire goes to the fuel pump as an output from the circuit opening relay (COR) .
I think Black/Red on this plug is permanent live from AM2 on the battery, I left this one disconnected.
Black/White stripe is STA signal.

The 3rd plug is the JDM COR, you may or may not have this.

On my swap, i kept the AW11 COR, and chopped out the JDM COR.

HTH,
Richard.

4agzee

271 posts [99%]
w.v.c ut

» Reply  Edit

so that 5pin plug is the cor relay so i guess i just splice that into the ae86 cor relay .
richard how did you wire your alternator? do you know what those black and white wire on my 3rd pic goes to?
thanks turtle and richard you guys are bad asses!
ill post my progress
ozone

599 posts [98%]
Melbourne FL

» Reply  Edit

I swapped this engine into my AE92, but there is a lot of electrical stuff on my website that will help. Go to http://www.ozone1000.com, click on the Corolla and then electrical.

Good luck.

http://www.ozone2000.com

World's first V6 powered AE92. . . in progress.

Roti

4 posts [100%]
Kent

> so that 5pin plug is the cor relay so i guess i just splice that into the ae86 cor relay

pretty much, yes. I wired my fuel pump directly to the COR output as it was on the AW11 already. I didn't use the JDM fuel pump relay or any of its associated wires (blue & blue/black). The reason for this is partly as follows:-

If you look on the JDM wiring diagram below, there are two circuits on the Fuel pump relay. One is running at full power and the other goes through a resistor (somewhere in the loom I guess) to reduce the fuel pump power. This relay is then controlled from the FPR pin on the ECU and allows the ECU to run high pressure on demand. I have stuck with the stock AW11 way, flat out. The diagram below also details the pin/plug positions for each wire.

Many, many thanks to Phil Bradshaw for supplying me with the AE92 diagrams years ago when I first bought my front cut.

The Green/Red stripe wire goes to the ECU Y Connector, pin #14 - this wire is the FC signal that triggers the COR. (this pin IS used on my swap) Have you connected this wire?

Blue goes to F2 Connector, pin #2 - this is the JDM power supply wire for the fuel pump that goes into the FP relay. (not used on my swap)

Blue/Black stripe goes to F2 connector, pin #1 - this wire goes straight to the fuel pump. (not used on my swap)

Blue/Yellow stripe goes to F1 connector, pin #1 - this wire is the FPR signal from the ECU to switch low/high power mode. (not used on my swap)

>richard how did you wire your alternator?

Funnily enough my alternator was the easiest of the lot! Ironically, when I scrapped my AE86 (still brings a tear to my eye ) I kept the alternator, and have ended up using that on the exhaust side. The connectors just plugged straight in, leading me to believe that they were the same on the UK AE86 as on the JDM AE92... (this may need confirming)

>do you know what those black and white wire on my 3rd pic goes to?

I'll need to check on my engine to see what they do....

Also, make sure your igniter is grounded to the chassis. Had me scratching my head for a day as mine cranked with fuel but no spark...

Hope this helps,
Richard.

BTW, Ozone's site was a great source of information for my swap , Thanks Ozone

Modified by Roti at 2:50 PM 4/21/2008

Modified by Roti at 2:56 PM 4/21/2008

Modified by Roti at 3:00 PM 4/21/2008

» Return to Engine - 4A-GZE, and Supercharger/Turbocharger Projects