Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 1987 JDM AE86 GTV - Beams 3sg Engine & Drivetrain ProjectFirst  < 6 7 8 9 10 >  Last
Author Post
Conrad_Bradley

129 posts [100%]
UK

» Reply  Edit

I stopped worrying about the time it was taking a long time ago, I decided that it had to be right and with me working away it was going to take longer than normal. I will get there in the end (I think). I'm hoping to get car loom back in, ECU and engine loom in, glass etc next time home. Fingers crossed :-)

I'm on HRT, Hachi Roku Therapy !
WYSIWYG

1961 posts [100%]

Re: (Conrad_Bradley) » Reply  Edit

come on. man! i'm on the edge of my seat please keep us posted

does anyone have experience with the 3sge beams swap with the PFC. mine idles but thats about it. help

Joshua Araujo

209 posts [100%]
brampton ontario

» Reply  Edit

Amazing build, that is all
Conrad_Bradley

129 posts [100%]
UK

» Reply  Edit

Update time.....

Well its a been a long time coming but here are a few sneaky pics of the paint in progress, shouldn't be long now before it comes home again! Roof was just getting buffed whilst I was there... sweet!

Swage lines all spot on like it just came from the factory....

Just lovely!

Jeonsah

1814 posts [95%]
Co

» Reply  Edit

beautiful! holy crap!

WTB AE86 Best Motoring International Vol. 42. Pm if you have it!
Conrad_Bradley

129 posts [100%]
UK

» Reply  Edit

Cheers :-)

More pictures of the final paintwork coming soon :-)

Billy_Andrea

1321 posts [100%]
San Francisco CA

WOW!! Sweet
lucky13evo

117 posts [100%]
san mateo ca

» Reply  Edit

Not soon enough
Conrad_Bradley

129 posts [100%]
UK

» Reply  Edit

Good news!

The car is coming back from the paint shop tomorrow....Yee Ha!

I will get the wife to take some pictures :D

option_0074

383 posts [98%]
Corolla State 808 HI

» Reply  Edit

Au Ryt!

"I Love How You Drift For Me, Toyota!"
SECTION-D

charliepanda

167 posts [100%]
Caguas Puerto Rico

» Reply  Edit

updates?
Conrad_Bradley

129 posts [100%]
UK

» Reply  Edit

Its back from paint :D

Just a little bit of carbon on the bonnet left on display

I'm looking forward to getting home next week and doing a few jobs on it! :D

Jeonsah

1814 posts [95%]
Co

» Reply  Edit

That thing is wicked cool!

Deuce Cam

1029 posts [100%]
Chandler AZ

A big

Parts for sale:

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=99639

Conrad_Bradley

129 posts [100%]
UK

» Reply  Edit

Well, I spent a couple of hours in the garage this afternoon with the 86 and the aim was:

To go through all the boxes and establish where all my parts are.
Establish what parts are missing.
Measure up for the HEL brake lines
Fit the rear Red Line lights
Fit the Dash / Clock console into the dash.

Well the bad news is this is the entire set of window trim & rubbers in my boxes. The fabricator has lost pretty much 99% of it all :wallbang: Extremely frustrating because this stuff is rare and if you can find it then its extremely expensive

Basically, the following items are missing, window rubbers for front windows and rear quarters (both sides), window trim for front windows and rear quarters (both sides), door seals (both sides), front screen seal and trim, external door key locks, external door handles, door catch hoops, door actual locks, internal door handles, internal door link bars.....etc etc etc

Oh well, I will take this up with the fabricators......

Moving on..

Trial fitment of Redline Lights Centre Section, this will need modifying to allow for the fuel cap removal.

Trial fitment of the Redline Lights...everything ok :D

Fuel Pump & Filter preliminary positioning plus a little drawing for brake line measurements

Dash Console Trial Fitment - This will need modifying to accommodate the cage

Radiator Trial Fitment - This will need some pins adding plus a few brackets

On a positive note I found the engine covers, alternator and starter motor :D

Jeonsah

1814 posts [95%]
Co

» Reply  Edit

looks good. Id stab that fabricator for losing all that stuff...

Chemtrails

78 posts [100%]
Nibiru. Ca

» Reply  Edit

Nice build...endless money pit. Cant wait to see what that motor puts out!

"If patience is a virtue, Then time is ment to hurt you".
CorollaCoasta

77 posts [100%]
Glendora CA

» Reply  Edit

wow. sub'd
Conrad_Bradley

129 posts [100%]
UK

» Reply  Edit

Well not much to report, I measured up for the brake lines while I was home.

These have now been ordered from Ross Sport, cheers Ross!

Also ordered this week:

Rear quarter rubbers (L&R) to get the rear quarter windows fitted
Front screen rubber to get the front screen fitted
Front door internal trim and outer trim (L&R)
Some carbon right angle and rubber mounts to mount my new ECU
P clips for mounting the new brake lines

Next up I will order the windows.....

When I return in April I am going to be busy :D

zenkihatch

299 posts [100%]
Los Angeles California

Really feelin the wide body really goes good with the era of the car reminds me of the delta integrale and the original m3 can't wait to see this going!

Conrad_Bradley

129 posts [100%]
UK

» Reply  Edit

Not much to report at the moment.

I ordered a few parts whilst I was away to fit when I get home...

Prepreg Carbon Roll Cage protector, no point in scratching the cage, I ordered enough to cover the door bars and where the harnesses wrap around. I certainly didnt want to use fake wrap so it had to be prepreg

Next up, with the car booked in for a full motorsport spec engine and car loom it was time to get the ECU in the car. This should do nicely with lambda, logging and flatshift enabled.

I needed some way to mount the ECU, it doesnt come with any mounting brackets or holes in the ECU case and I didnt want to open it to drill holes so I got some prepreg carbon angle to mount it. It will sit on a carbon base plate and these will hold it in place (hopefully)

Next up, I needed a centre console to mount all the switches and LEDs for the lights, wipers etc so this comes in the form of prepeg carbon as well.

Im going to make the centre console easy to remove to aid wiring and fault finding in the future so 2 Dzus fasteners at the top and 2 Dzus fasteners at the bottom will do nicely :D

Conrad_Bradley

129 posts [100%]
UK

» Reply  Edit

Next up something for the engine, I had my eye on one these for a while, this is a proven part on a beams race engine down in Auz and has been refined over the last two years and gives incredible power gains over open throttle bodies.

Here is the base plate that needs drilling for the throttle bodies and trumpets.

and sat together...

however.... a couple of issues

Firstly, the welded in strut brace on the inlet side of the engine will have to be removed, this is a total PITA as its welded and painted but needs must, it even fouls the trumpet on the ITB nearest the bulkhead let alone the new airbox. I will cut it off and look at how we can engineer something in its place.

Secondly, the quality of the airbox is somewhat lacking, the lid fit to the base plate is good for 90% of the way round but there is a gap approaching the intake funnel

I am to fit some clips to get the lid in the correct place then cut the box and do a bit of glass fibre work to get a perfect fit, it will need painting after this (needed it anyway as its scratched to hell as it came :rolleyes:) Definately a function over form part but it will be 100% before it goes on my car!!!

Conrad_Bradley

129 posts [100%]
UK

» Reply  Edit

and lastly in this installment custom made HEL brake lines from Ross Sport a few parts for the centre console and dashboard, switches, LED's, engine starter and battery isloator etc, still waiting on a few switches

Next installment I should of hopefully fitted some of the parts :D

Taks86

2048 posts [99%]
Hell

» Reply  Edit

Wonderful to see this build closing in on the diy details! Can't wait to see more updates.
~Mike

1986 RHD AE86 Levin coupe
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
2012 Impreza (base) (the gf's)
2013 BRZ
Note

620 posts [100%]
Oil Painting, Trapped

Just read through, insane build. Keep up the fantastic work!! Can't wait to see the final product.

Build Thread: 1985 AE86 GT-S

Note's "For Sale" Thread
* GZE Supercharger Kit
* T50 Transmissions

Note's "Want to Buy" Thread

Email: zenkinote@gmail.com

"God's In His Heaven, All's Right With The World"

grappletech

280 posts [100%]
Co

» Reply  Edit

Whoa. this is pretty sick

AE86 A.K.A Trouble!
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=97019
WTB: GTS seats. I need some ASAP!
celicaRA45

159 posts [99%]
melbourne victoria

» Reply  Edit

you might need to get my curved ram tubes so they will fit inside the air box
Conrad_Bradley

129 posts [100%]
UK

» Reply  Edit

Well I managed a little bit of progress whilst home on leave....

I cut out the section of the tail light & registration plate holder to allow access to the fuel cap, then fitted it all in place

Next up, I needed to make a carbon backing to put in the clock surround of the dash board, the AIM electronic dash will be mounted on this. Marked up the carbon with the shape required and started chopping.

AIM Dash in place for a template and marked up.

ECU & Relay Mounts - Next up I cut a piece of carbon to mount the ECU and relays on, this will be rubber mounted onto the gearbox tunnel and sit behind the centre console.

Centre console, as previously mentioned I wanted to make this quick release so I will be using Dzus fasteners. I mounted a small piece of prepreg carbon angle and put in two Dzus fasteners.

Holes drilled in the centre console and the angle test fitted.

Now mounted top and bottom

I did attempt a few other things but ran into problems

Brake lines, whilst attempting to fit these, I discovered that the fabricators have mounted the pedal box too far back, the master cylinder is up against the body work and there is no room for the banjo or banjo bolt so the pedal box will need moving forward an inch.

Airbox - I had a look at fitting this but soon discovered that the strut brace (welded in)is in the way and the remote bottles for the pedal box are in the way so this will need to be cut out and the affected areas re-painted

Oh well, onwards and upwards......

celicaRA45

159 posts [99%]
melbourne victoria

» Reply  Edit

if you use my curved ram tubes, they can be turned any way you like and you could also lower you air box and move it forward as well,just 1 idea
Rufio_86

222 posts [100%]
Santa Clarita CA

Re: (celicaRA45) » Reply  Edit

Any updates on this? Thinking of doing the same setup BUT with the S2k tach.

Any help will be great!

-koa

"I'm a Lightweight DD"

My Garage
DD - 86' AE86 Red =)
Track - 92' R32 GTS-T ;)

Wifes Garage
03'AP1 GPW Hybrid 2.2L

First  < 6 7 8 9 10 >  Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs