Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 Project red demon..Ae86 20vFirst  1 2 >  Last
Author Post
tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

Project red demon.Bumper done! pics.. Reply  Edit

Well this is how I'm going to introduce myself..

I bought this awsome little hatchi with clean 20v swap a couple weeks ago. Been lurking the forums for a little bit, getting familiar and such. Now it's time to start my build page.

I also have an sti if any of you are intrested, which my build is here:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/me....html

Here is a video from the previous owner, you guys might be familuar with this car..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZrRGrjwTOo

Here are some pics to start the journal out. No photo shoot with it yet, so pics are lacking. I'm currently re painting the bumper, and sanding it down at the moment..

Engine:
-ae111 blktop 20v 4age
-all oem blktop sensors and ecu
-t3 red anodized velocity stacks
-aem fuel regulator
-16v hicomp oil pump (to eliminate the use of the hydraulic tensioner)
-custom made water lines (w/ 16v setup and working heater)
-new timing belt
-new 16v water pump
-obx 4-1 header
-custom test pipe
-full cat-back hi-power exhaust w/ silencer
-stock t-50 tranny with no grinds or howls.
-zenki lsd rear end

Suspension:
-front t3 short stroke coilovers w/ 8kg eibach springs / 5-way adjustable tokico illuminas
-rear trd 8kg rear springs uncut w/ short stroke 4-way adjustable tokico illumines
-battle version NRCA
-t3 camber plates
-front brembo / rear bradi slotted disc brakes w/ oem toyota brake pads
-full manual rack setup w/ power knuckles for extra angles
-Traction Brackets (welded)

Exterior:
-original paint with minor dings and minor dents on the rear hatch
-VIS jblood style front bumper w/ oem kouki corner lights and jdm bumper brakets
-VIS vertex style sideskirts
-VIS vertex style rear bumper
-15x8 SportMax 501's/Falken Azenis

Interior:
-original uncracked dash
-original black rear privacy cover
-original black rear carpet

Modified by tyler_sti at 3:13 PM 9/29/2008

Modified by tyler_sti at 11:43 PM 10/26/2008

"Anything is possible with the right planning" -Tyler

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Pics:

Modified by tyler_sti at 12:59 AM 11/15/2008

Modified by tyler_sti at 1:00 AM 11/15/2008

Plex

3761 posts [89%]
Suisun City CA

» Reply  Edit

Nice Rolla

Hopefully my swap runs as well as that setup!

Summa Cum Laude Graduate, AE86 University Class of '02
tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Yeah man she runs real smooth! Havn't had the chance to get her sideways yet, but looking foward to it.

AE86STALKER

223 posts [95%]
Indianapolis/Portales IN/NM

Re: (tyler_sti) » Reply  Edit

hey ive seen that you tube video before, lol, what a surprise, nice car, sounds great, i still like the sound of the 16v itb's better though
tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Yeah it's like apples and oranges. The 16v seemed like it was less responsive. And the 20v just looks straight bada**

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Well ,we last left off with that huge crack in the front bumper. Managed to sand the rest of it down. Then added two layers of fiberglass over the crack, followed by some bondo. Then some duplicolor bedliner(yes truck bedliner). I feel its appropriate for the duties this car has. No more rock chips! Woot!

This was my first time using bondo and fiberglass. It seemed to go very well. Results were what I was expecting, not perfect but better than before. No more crack and minimal notification of any repair.

I will have some mounted pics tomorow. Also painted my front windshield garnish/valance what ever you wanna call it. And couldnt leave out the rusted whiper arms. MUCH better after.

Before the first coat..

This is where the crack was repaired..

First coat..(only pics I have at the moment)

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Here are some updated pics of my restored oil catch can. If anyone thinks its routed wrong please tell me. There are various methods of connecting it to the engine. I also made a custom bracket out of aluminum.

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Also a few pics of my interior after sound deadning strip. I will do the front section in a little bit.

JDMKID

930 posts [97%]
sOuL CaL CA

» Reply  Edit

for socal 20v

WTT FOR "real" GTS HB - Click Here
tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Well I finnaly got some pics of the bumper mounted. Also replaced the headlights with newer brighter bulbs. As well as painting the headlight trim.

New headlights and freshly painted trim.

substatik

24 posts [100%]
santa maria ca

nice car
Plex

3761 posts [89%]
Suisun City CA

» Reply  Edit

what kinda paint did you paint the headlight surrounds with? Im looking at doing something similar to mine... I have overspray on them hahaha

AE86STALKER

223 posts [95%]
Indianapolis/Portales IN/NM

Re: (Plex) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Plex »
what kinda paint did you paint the headlight surrounds with? Im looking at doing something similar to mine... I have overspray on them hahaha

i believe he did the duplicolor truck bed line on those as well

aesthetics82

1118 posts [99%]
Oceanside CA

» Reply  Edit

Looks really nice. I also have a red 20v corolla. Except mine is a silvertop. What are your plans for the car?
tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Yeah I did use the bedliner for the light trim. Thats also a high impact rock area.

I plan on having the car Very light and minimalistic style. I plan on cleaning up the engine bay, getting some polished lip wheels full plexi glass rear windows, and front and rear frp hatch and hood. I love the power of the car, so weight reduction is my main concern.

But I plan on also getting a short shifter, nardi steering wheel, panhard bar, sway bars, and lateral links, as well as strut bars. I belive the car should be plenty done by then, hahah. Oh yeah rear coilovers is something I really wanted.

mr.icetdizzle

493 posts [96%]
ms

» Reply  Edit

i like the look of your engine. very clean

1985 toyota corolla gts coupe silvertop
tuan_n_pham@yahoo.com
Plex

3761 posts [89%]
Suisun City CA

» Reply  Edit

You should spray the hatch area with the rubberized undercoating stuff... you shouldn't even have to prep it before spraying it down. It conveniently comes in a can too

EDIT: the only reason I say to do it in that, as opposed to bed liner is because the rubber stuff is softer, and wont scratch up everything you put in your hatch (wheels, etc)

And it should provide pretty good sound dampening qualities, while still being light.

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Yeah, I was originally going to just paint the whole interior white. But I decided to just leave it the way it is. I never transport anything, and the car is a track/fun car.

VitriumGTS

4730 posts [96%]
San Jose/San Diego CA

» Reply  Edit

nice work so far. So the AEM fpr bolts in? Which application did you buy?

how about that fuel pressure gauge too while we're at it?

My RHDJapan.com receipt said: "Your order # is: 100001986". The AE86 gods really are looking out for me.
tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Thanks man. As for the fpr, I'm not quite sure. The previous owner installed it. From the looks of it it's a direct bolt on, no modification. Have no idea on the application. It's a nice looking unit, thats for sure!

jdmjohn

1324 posts [99%]
Atlanta GA

» Reply  Edit

bump for my old car..

as for the AEM fpr, you have to drill the bolt hole just a tad bit wider to make it work.

tyler_sti....got any full exterior pics of the car????

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but the most exciting way."
Keiichi_Tsuchiya
tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Whats up john. I saw you're original journal on here about the car. I freakin love this hachi. All have some full exterior shots soon, just havn't taken the time to go to a spot yet.

jdmjohn

1324 posts [99%]
Atlanta GA

im glad to hear that you love this car. sorry, but that journal wasn't made by me. it was from jake ( the guy who sold you the car).

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but the most exciting way."
Keiichi_Tsuchiya
tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Ok. I could have sworn I saw one you did too. Guess not. Can't wait to auto x her, she loves to rotate, hahah.

jajadrift

452 posts [100%]
Glendale ca

i was wondering what kind of ignition set up are you running? or if you can take a picture too...
tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

I belive it's just the stock dizzy, in stock location as you can see in the pics. All get some close up ones. The re location kits are SOOO expensive I can't justify it.

Plex

3761 posts [89%]
Suisun City CA

Quote, originally posted by tyler_sti »
Yeah, I was originally going to just paint the whole interior white. But I decided to just leave it the way it is. I never transport anything, and the car is a track/fun car.

I DEFINATELY would NOT paint it white, or any kindof light or glossy color... You'll have sooooo much glare it'll be crazy.

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Really? I was thinking a crappy flat white/satin white. Not gloss. My buddie has a scricco (vw) that's flat white. It's bright inside but it dosen't really glare at all. White just makes it look so clean! Maybe a pewter grey or something I'm still deciding, and have yet to create a to do list. I really need to.

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Well, it was foggy last night and I decided to take a few shots. I like the frontal the best. I know their dark, but I love shooting underexposed.

First  1 2 >  Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs