Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 Project red demon..Ae86 20vFirst  < 1 2   Last
Author Post
Akuma Dori Development

1805 posts [100%]
3 Stars And A Sun

» Reply  Edit

are you using a stock 20v ecu?

* Three Stars And A Sun * Drifting Division *

ilovemy86@yahoo.com

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Yuup! dude I'm dying to get her out on the track. I'm only running my sti right now, but the 86 is SOOO much fun! I saw over in the event threds you run some drift events? Where do you guys run?

"Anything is possible with the right planning" -Tyler
tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Rear strut bar installed. Pics tomorow, I really do feel a difference, and its a generic brand. Now I want a floor and c pillar brace.

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Well thanks to "taj" I was able to get a momo hub and NRG quick release. Fit perfect! Now I need to order a sparco bottom mount bracket so i can get my other seat in there. Car is starting to look good. Woot!

GARAGE_86
the artist formerly known as

6879 posts [100%]
Master P.

Re: (tyler_sti) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by tyler_sti »
I saw over in the event threds you run some drift events? Where do you guys run?

this year We all run in Willow Springs Raceway at the balcony,oval and HTM this year

nice build ! you should come out !!! lots of 86's also

great job!!

AE86Nights
Tigere Llantas

"From all the years , I learned not everyone in a AE86 corolla is automatically your friend ...A car doesn't make someone automatically a TRUSTED person "

-------OEM Manual Rack sets or Hybrid sets ---- hmu thru pm < RACK CITY

-------OEM non-cruise throttle cables for sale ----
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=64669

-----------------15x10 wheels for sale------------------------
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=112591

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Sounds good, I just need a way to get the car there. I cant wait to get it on the track where it belongs!

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Current update:

Waiting on sparco seat bracket and slider, so I can drive the dam thing. Also might upgrade the battrie and alternator.

Made rear brackets to hold bumper on better and not fly around. Will report back with pics, once seat is installed.

ura86

1931 posts [98%]
Central FL

Re: Project red demon.Bumper done! pics.. (tyler_sti) » Reply  Edit

How are your filters holding up? I did something similar but the 20v sucks too hard and was ripping the wipe appart.

"Foro para la comunidad de AE86 de Puerto Rico http://ae86pr.com/ "

Starlet KP61 Forum http://www.kp61.com
tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

My filters are actually holding up AWSOME! I used 175lbs industrial zip ties to hold them down. They where made out of a cotton t-shirt. I still wanna get itg filters though to be safe. Otherwise their great though.

ura86

1931 posts [98%]
Central FL

My filters are actually holding up AWSOME! I used 175lbs industrial zip ties to hold them down. They where made out of a cotton t-shirt. I still wanna get itg filters though to be safe. Otherwise their great though.

so the cotton t-**** is what you using. Do you see any tear and wear?

"Foro para la comunidad de AE86 de Puerto Rico http://ae86pr.com/ "

Starlet KP61 Forum http://www.kp61.com
tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Yeah, I cut out 4 squares from a brand new cotton shirt. I cut them about 2-3inches longer than the stacks, so they lay over them. But they look like day one, not even any dirt stains. I barley drive the car though so that has alot to do with it. But when I do drive it its hard

TwiggyAE86

614 posts [98%]
Colton CA

hey sup man, i have an AE86 coupe. i was wondering what kind of fitment issues, if any u had with your rims. im looking into gettin the same ones for my car.

1987 Toyota Cressida -- Daily Driver

"The noise is spine tingling...like God treading on a Lego brick" ---Jeremy Clarkson

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Sup twiggy. As for fitment issues at the moment there really arn't any. The tires will rub at full lock with fender well, but im also running a manuel rack with ps knuckles. In the front I'm also running about 4mm spacers. I could still go wider, And I plan to in the future for a grip setup. Probly something like 16x9 all around, with some nice tires to go along.

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Thought I would just stop buy to bump the journal. Getting very close to having the sparco seat bracket, I havnt driven her in for ever it feels like!

Let the project continue..

JDMKID

930 posts [97%]
sOuL CaL CA

» Reply  Edit

Looking good!

WTT FOR "real" GTS HB - Click Here
rywats

494 posts [97%]
Kelowna BC

» Reply  Edit

Hows the fitment with oem kouki lights and the j-blood replica?

Do you have an sti also, noticed it in your name

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Thanks guys!

The fitment on the lights, well lets just put it this way(dont be scared to drill). I personally didn't drill for them but the previous owner did, super simple though.

And I do own an sti, shes my girl. She takes care of my grip needs while the rolla satisfys my sideway desires. Still havnt gotten the chance to get the rolla on the track, within this month I should be able to make the next drift day with speedventures..

JDMKID

930 posts [97%]
sOuL CaL CA

» Reply  Edit

Drift practices are held for $20per car $3 per spectator every thurs. from 6-9 in riverside if you ever get the need to scratch that itch

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

You speak my language jdmkid. Where are they held at? Is it a large parking lot, or how is it run? Seems like just what I needed

JDMKID

930 posts [97%]
sOuL CaL CA

» Reply  Edit

Ill try to keep it simple, the entrance is weird I missed it the first time.

from LA get to the 60 East exit Market st. (L)

go North on market 1/4 mile across the bridge

at the light after the bridge ( i forget the name) you will make another (L) the and Immediate u-turn ish (L)

you'll understand after you exit, the track will be to your left and my directions will click! if you ever need help call me 909 728 9967 Joel

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Thanks man, you'll definatly see me out there with all my noobness. hhaha, grips my fortae drift is new to me..Should be a REALLY fun learning experience! haha

TwiggyAE86

614 posts [98%]
Colton CA

Sup twiggy. As for fitment issues at the moment there really arn't any. The tires will rub at full lock with fender well, but im also running a manuel rack with ps knuckles. In the front I'm also running about 4mm spacers. I could still go wider, And I plan to in the future for a grip setup. Probly something like 16x9 all around, with some nice tires to go along.

Thanks alot for your in put, im actually gettin some supra rims for now, but in the future ill be getting those XXR's

"The noise is spine tingling...like God treading on a Lego brick" ---Jeremy Clarkson

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Nice, I love the supra's. I'd like to have them as a back up set.

TwiggyAE86

614 posts [98%]
Colton CA

yeah they are a cheap and good looking alternative

tyler_sti

230 posts [98%]
Los Angeles california

» Reply  Edit

Just sayin whats up been a while since ive been on club4ag. Guys convince me not to sell the car!! Im soo broke lol

supine

548 posts [99%]
in a tree with a knife waiting

don't sell

cotton crown
http://coffinride.tumblr.com
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Re: Project red demon.Bumper done! pics.. (tyler_sti) » Reply  Edit

You won't get enough for it. Keep it and find a plasma bank to make cash.
 First  < 1 2   Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs