Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 Distributor block off plate?
Author Post
turbo4ag

258 posts [99%]
Henderson NV

Distributor block off plate? Reply  Edit

does anybody know where i can find one for the 16v?

SYM

3697 posts [100%]

Re: Distributor block off plate? (turbo4ag) » Reply  Edit

custom make it from your local machine shop

Simon @ P.A.S.S Racing
http://www.passracing.com
148 S.8th Ave, Unit-F
City of Industry
626-961-7711
SYM@passracing.com

ae924afdx

2319 posts [98%]
Somewhere NC

» Reply  Edit

... Easy.. UNIVERSAL RUBBER FREEZE PLUG.. from autozone. I have seen it before on a 3sgte without any problems..

Email: jose_centeno_perez(AT symbol)hotmail.com
turbo4ag

258 posts [99%]
Henderson NV

» Reply  Edit

haha thats funny... i just got one yesterday
dorimaster

942 posts [100%]
Charlotte NC

Re: (turbo4ag) » Reply  Edit

There is a toyota i think a paseo or camry that has a plug where its distributor used to be, which fits perfectly as the engine has switched to DLI. OR you can get the FA plug from hasslegren for about $15, which is a nice billet piece with new o-ring!

What management are you running with no distributor? thanks!

Pete

turbo4ag

258 posts [99%]
Henderson NV

» Reply  Edit

megasquirt with edis4
rix86

3680 posts [98%]
Tacoma Wa

» Reply  Edit

about a 1999 or 2000 camry 5sfe has a plug where the distributor went on older models.
PERFECT fit.
ej86

5502 posts [100%]
Las Vegas NV

Heat Shield? I got 2 one from a 85-87 supercharged 4age and a regular 4age.
dirtdilla

690 posts [98%]
Miami FL

» Reply  Edit

what size universal rubber freeze plug did you get?

because there are a couple sizes....
35mm 40mm 42mm... etc...

Turbo AE92
dirtdilla

690 posts [98%]
Miami FL

Re: (dirtdilla) » Reply  Edit

Bump... any help?

I dont have a micrometer or telescoping gauge to measure the distributor hole bore.

Turbo AE92
hachi-go-luckee

938 posts [100%]
m c

38-40 for the rubber plug
dmottaway

1196 posts [100%]

if yoy have a decent parts guy, you buy one of each and return the ones you don't need.

dave

dirtdilla

690 posts [98%]
Miami FL

Re: (hachi-go-luckee) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by hachi-go-luckee »
38-40 for the rubber plug

No. It was in fact the 34-38mm. The 38-41mm I first bought was far too big. Luckily the parts dealer did it as a 30-day warranty exchange as your not allowed to return those once they are opened.

So in final conclusion the 34-38mm Universal Expansion (Freeze) Plug is the one you will need to get. It costed me $2.89 + tax.

Turbo AE92
hachi-go-luckee

938 posts [100%]
m c

hmm..... it was was a tight fit, but i muscled it in there. i didn't want to use the 34-38 as the size of the dizzy diameter is almost a 38 so i didn't want to take any chances of having it leak on me.....
dirtdilla

690 posts [98%]
Miami FL

Re: (hachi-go-luckee) » Reply  Edit

Well the 34-38mm is as snug as you will ever need it. Took the car out for a quick spin to make sure and it does not leak one bit.

I dont have the washer perfectly flush with the distributor bore, so it leaves 1mm or less to actually see the rubber part expand, and it clearly overlaps the lip on that bore showing it can go much further if needed. So I'd guess its about 37mm or 37.5mm.

Turbo AE92
neil85ae86

526 posts [98%]

I just used a small piece of 1/4 mild steel plate, then measured and drilled, it's worked perfectly... but I'd definitely go with the freeze plug if I'd known about it back then

Neil

Uber D.I.Y. Zenki Turbo
Squirted since spring '03

» Return to Engine - 4A-GE 16V