Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 AE101 GZE Piston rings
Author Post
TooMuch4You

248 posts [99%]

AE101 GZE Piston rings Reply  Edit

I recently purchased an AE101 bottom end for my 4AGTE project and I'm wanting to replace the bearing and re-ring the block just for the sake of starting fresh (the block and cylinder walls are in very good condition so I have no desire to overbore the block). I haven't started to look into replacement bearings yet as they should be pretty easy to come by, but I'm having quite a bit of trouble sourcing new rings for an AE92 or AE101 GZE motor. Basically I'm just trying to figure out my options; does anyone know of anyone who imports OEM GZE piston rings from Japan? Do USDM GZE rings work? Am I going to have to send specs out to a US company in order to have some custom made? Any relevant input would be much appreciated (please don't tell me that I don't need to rebuild it - I know I don't NEED to but I'm going to regardless)

Sirnixalot

16 posts [100%]

» Reply  Edit

the USDM GZE rings DO NOT WORK. the top ring is too thick.

i think the 20v rings will work as the top ring on both are 1.2mm vs the USDM GZE's 1.5mm

TooMuch4You

248 posts [99%]

» Reply  Edit

That's promising to hear, as rings for a 20v shouldn't be too hard to find. Can anyone confirm that 20v and AE101 GZE rings are the same part number?
beasted86

617 posts [100%]
Miami FL

Re: (TooMuch4You) » Reply  Edit

The high compression (smallport) piston rings are a direct fit. You can get those right here in the US from numerous sources.

All 84-89 4AG(Z) piston rings are the same size, as well as all 90+ 4AG(Z) piston rings are the same size, including silvertop 20v's (though I'm not 100% sure about blacktops).

7AGTE AW11.... Coming soon

» Return to Engine - 4A-GZE, and Supercharger/Turbocharger Projects