Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 radio turns off everytime i step on brake?
Author Post
kraz3y

420 posts [97%]
Union City CA

radio turns off everytime i step on brake? Reply  Edit

so today i was wondering why my aftermarket radio kept shutting off. It turns out everytime i apply the brake the radio would shut off and turn back on. I checked my connections everything is plugged correctly.

What else could it be?

Hachigo Pro

778 posts [89%]
Moreno Valley California

» Reply  Edit

if it was while your car is on then it means one of your battery terminals got loose or disconnected

1986 Toyota Corolla Sport SR5 3door Liftback (The only one rocking mass amounts of Hello Kitty and Mario Characters)

If i had a dollar for every time my open diff pissed me off, I'd have an LSD.
-Hachigo Pro

sr5ftw@gmail.com

kraz3y

420 posts [97%]
Union City CA

Re: (Hachigo Pro) » Reply  Edit

problem mysteriously went away?
AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

» Reply  Edit

Back in the 80's, my friend installed his first aftermarket stereo in his Nissan Sentra (DIY) and it was doing similar thing as you have described.

Some reason, every turn, radio shuts off !

We found that his case was poor grounding....BUT, we used to call it "SPECIAL FUNCTION" that radio shuts off automatically so that you can concentrate "driving" while cornering....

Red

9661 posts [78%]

Re: radio turns off everytime i step on brake? (kraz3y) » Reply  Edit

If it is the stock radio, there's a loose connection someplace. If it is aftermarket, it may also be hooked up wrong. If it was wired up with twisted wires and electrical tape--it is time to go over every connection and redo them properly. If it is a powerful aftermarket radio--it may need to be wired up directly to the battery, instead of the radio circuit in the car.

Shouldn't take a car stereo place more than an hour to check it out and clean it up, if you're not up on wiring.

--Original owner, '85 Corolla GTS. Will trade for a Cadillac-Gage V150, or a Ford GT, in similar condition.
kraz3y

420 posts [97%]
Union City CA

Re: (AE86Kai) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by AE86Kai »
Back in the 80's, my friend installed his first aftermarket stereo in his Nissan Sentra (DIY) and it was doing similar thing as you have described.

Some reason, every turn, radio shuts off !

We found that his case was poor grounding....BUT, we used to call it "SPECIAL FUNCTION" that radio shuts off automatically so that you can concentrate "driving" while cornering....

lol when my dome light is set to turn on when the doors are open, it would light up on a hard left turn whenever i go touge or slide a turn lol so i jus keep it off now

Red

9661 posts [78%]

Re: (kraz3y) » Reply  Edit

"when my dome light is set to turn on when the doors are open, it would light up on a hard left turn "
That means either the switch needs adjusting, or the door or frame itself is bent out of shape. If your door is tight, it could be body flex. Check under the door sills for rust in the box beams that support them.

--Original owner, '85 Corolla GTS. Will trade for a Cadillac-Gage V150, or a Ford GT, in similar condition.

» Return to Parts - Accessories, Parts, Electronics, etc.