Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 Eric's Free SR5First  < 11 12 13 14 15   Last
Author Post
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Re: (whitespartian) » Reply  Edit

It's not going anywhere, don't worry about thar!
whitespartian

978 posts [97%]

Re: (Eric'sFreeAE86) » Reply  Edit

thanks. and hey I got the vert up and running around town. too bad you'll be in stupid Disneyland. is take ya for a ridealong

will trade roll cage work for overfenders, flares, carbon/fiberglass hood,
give me a call, or text is best
drift warrior fabrication, clarksville Tn
Carl -(909)435-8206

Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

That's awesome man, I bet it's a wild ride. I'm kinda excited to take my Dude to Disney lol.
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

So a tiny update, I don't feel like messing with the stupid thing. I saw oil all over the engine and carbs and I got super pissed. Then I saw the dipstick was blowed out of the tube, so that's why there's oil everywhere. Easy fix, add a helper spring.

I got a carbon fiber HVAC delete panel from Carbon Fiber Customs and it looks hella great. I also got some Cusco engine mounts to lower the engine a bit and hopefully get better clearance for the header.

I pulled the covers off my carbs to see what weird jets I have. I think the mains are 200 and some others.... I don't know lol. I need to call Wolf Creek and say what's up. Front carb:

Rear carb:

And boffums for identification:

Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Back from holiday and I have some stuff to do!

Install new ball joint and control arm
Install new Cusco engine mounts
Install new throttle return springs
Install new starter cable for carbs
Install new carbon fiber hvac cover
Install LEDs in the gauge cluster
Sort out why my headlights don't work

Hopefully I can check some stuff off tomorrow.

burnsville_toyota

70 posts [100%]
St. Paul mn

» Reply  Edit

real nice build! keep up the great work! ^_^
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Re: (burnsville_toyota) » Reply  Edit

Thanks a lot man, and you too. I read your thread last night. The wiring diagram you posted, I really wish I knew to whom to give the credit because I know it has helped so many peoples' carb builds.
grappletech

280 posts [100%]
Co

» Reply  Edit

it keeps getting better! awesome man

AE86 A.K.A Trouble!
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=97019
WTB: GTS seats. I need some ASAP!
whitespartian

978 posts [97%]

» Reply  Edit

give up on this weak carb setup and buy my whole 20v setup

Carl -(909)435-8206

burnsville_toyota

70 posts [100%]
St. Paul mn

how does your car drive with the carb set up? what are you jettings at the moment?
takashi

916 posts [98%]
So Cal CA

» Reply  Edit

man those are large jets compared to my 50cc Honda Ruckus jets lol

your build is looking good

86 AE86 GTS HATCH SOLD
85 AE86 GTS COUPE SOLD
85 AE86 GTS HATCH SOLD
Currently
09 Honda Ruckus STOLEN =(
86 AE86 GTS COUPE
99 GS400
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Re: (burnsville_toyota) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by burnsville_toyota »
how does your car drive with the carb set up? what are you jettings at the moment?

It drove like a champ til I crashed it lol. I haven't had a chance to fix it yet, but it feels beasty.
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Re: (takashi) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by takashi »
man those are large jets compared to my 50cc Honda Ruckus jets lol

your build is looking good

Thanks! They are actually huge compared to other 4AGE's with the same size carbs, but since I have more displacement and a pretty good port job, the extra size is good.
marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

wooooooooahhhhh wait what happened eric!!! is the car ok, are you ok?
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Re: (marley4us) » Reply  Edit

Yeah on the first drive, a throttle spring broke and pinned 8000rpm in third gear. I bonked a bridge and bent the control arm, but everything is fine. I have new parts, I just don't have the time! Updates soon...
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Took my bent arm off tonight. The tension arm holes are egg shaped, too. This little guy took a beating!

whitespartian

978 posts [97%]

» Reply  Edit

quit bein a ****** and run them, there still good.

Carl -(909)435-8206

Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Put the new arm on, found out the tensioner rod was bent, too. I got one off a TE and it fits fine. I also installed my carbon fiber hvac cover and meh, I think i'll sell it. Will post pics eventually.
Red

9661 posts [78%]

Carbon fiber...What? Plenum box?

--Original owner, '85 Corolla GTS. Will trade for a Cadillac-Gage V150, or a Ford GT, in similar condition.
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Re: (Red) » Reply  Edit

Naw hvac dash panel. The box that holds the ashtray and hvac. I don't have hvac and the ashtray always rattled lol.
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Put in a universal choke cable to act as a starter cable to help with startup. Cable was smooth and fine until I tried to actually start it lol. It's a pain, and the battery is dead again.

I did install Cusco engine mounts. I thought I missed the subframe and laid the engine on the ground, it makes a huge difference! No more header hitting the floor.

Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Small updates. Car is still in the garage. I NEED A SHIFTER. I had that eBay short throw, but I sold it to buy a TRD shifter. But medical bills came up and I had to empty my paypal stash to cover stuff. Hopefully somebody will buy my carbon fiber HVAC cover dealy, that would be nice.

I also need to charge the battery, it's dead. And I need to re-do the starter cable. Since I've stripped my dash even further, I can move the cable to where it can be shorter and have less bends. Plus I got some cool gauges, but I need sensors for them.

So if anybody can hook me up with a shifter, we could ve best friends forever! I want a TRD or 1-piece lever T3. Heck I'd take a stock shifter if it's complete.

Warren

194 posts [93%]
Victoria BC

» Reply  Edit

Just be aware that TE72 tension rods are a little different in length, if you are "aligning" your car based off the threads sticking out.
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Re: (Warren) » Reply  Edit

Thanks for the heads up. I've changed so much suspension stuff, a full alignment is coming!
whitespartian

978 posts [97%]

» Reply  Edit

hey Eric hit me up 9094358206

Carl -(909)435-8206

Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

TRD shifter is on the way, thanks drftstar! Now I just need to make a shift knob/extension. Hmmmmmm......
 First  < 11 12 13 14 15   Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs