Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 New around here.. 85 GTSFirst  1 2 3 4 >  Last
Author Post
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

RED gts hatch pics/build Reply  Edit

Hey, this is my first post. My name is Ryan. I live in WI and just picked up my first hachi after the demise of my old car. I had a built S13 drift car, but crashed it at a pro/am event shortly after finishing a rebuild. It looked like this.

dont mind the wheels.... Anyway, I parted out what was left and a friend told me about a hachi his friend was selling, so I checked it out and jumped on it right away.

Its an 85 GTS, clean and rust free aside from some sketch bodywork performed a few owners ago, it has a few goodies such as Trust type-S coilovers, HKS exhaust, header, TRD short throw, 8000k HIDs, sportwack 002's and a few other things. Before I picked it up I threw my Bride Vios3 sport in there with some NAMS rails, and I'm just waiting on a hub so I can throw my nardi wheel in.

anyways, heres some pictures. yes... it has molded on sideskirts.. i'll take care of it.

The first two are pics from the previous owner, the last ones are ***** phone pics I took on the way back from chicago when I picked it up on sunday.

First plan of action is to make sure everything is up to par physically and mechanically. I already replaced the starter, It also needs a new headlight switch which I have. For whatever reason the heat doesnt work... i'll have to figure that out too. Ultimately this will be my next drift car. so other short term plans include a 2-way, repairing the ***** body work, and maybe some new bumpers of some sort.

Thats about it I guess, I'm really enjoying the car so far. its a blast to drive, even coming from a 300whp S13. Its my first toyota so I still have a lot to learn...

Modified by LongGrain at 6:23 PM 4/24/2010

Dark*Squad!

UndefinedProspect

322 posts [75%]
Raleigh NC

» Reply  Edit

holy ****. i remember seeing that on risky devil a long time ago. glad to see it again! I wanted to come up there and buy it lol

http://hero-style.blogspot.com/
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

yea, they are all cool guys to chill with, so i'll sport the banners. But this car was, and will stay a D*squad car, haha..

Dark*Squad!
UndefinedProspect

322 posts [75%]
Raleigh NC

» Reply  Edit

ah cool, yeah I remember seeing it on D*squad too, I just didn't know which one loyalties were tied to haha. Thats cool man, I like D*squad's graffiti stuff. Idk if whoever does it alot but I remember a blog posting of some stuff in a blackbook and I thought it was really dope

http://hero-style.blogspot.com/
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

Re: (UndefinedProspect) » Reply  Edit

cleaned the car up, threw my wheel in, and did some other stuff. Then I took some better pics... with my phone.

Thinking about converting to manual rack instead of fixing the PS, also need to figure out why the dash lights and heat dont work.

hoping to pick up a diff, jdm zenki front, and maybe a harness over the holidays.

Dark*Squad!
sirpedraza

13 posts [100%]
Springfield MA

» Reply  Edit

nice find. how much did you end up paying. and the molded side skirts do look weird. but really nice and clean. i wish we had hachis like that up here.(MASS)
JDreamer

797 posts [100%]
stuck in New England

Re: » Reply  Edit

Wow
....seein red....again

i like the red on blk rims combo,looks very sharp
-Jon

Are you from the East coast?
own a Toyota?
http://ectoyotas.com
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

thanks for the comments guys.

I'm also a fan of the colourway.. when I get around to buying a decent set of wheels, they will definitley be coated matte black.

Dark*Squad!
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

I guess I could update.

I "winterized" the car until spring, I also bought rear window trim/moldings, but I'm having trouble installing them. Could someone give me a walkthrough on that?

Also just got my Hobbyist license plates, so no more registration fees or equipment violations!

Dark*Squad!
llmrcleanll

76 posts [100%]
greenville wi

» Reply  Edit

sick looking hachi man, wered you buy it from?(edit:Chicago, i should read more of the post first) i've been looking for a rwd corolla for ever, just finding lame ae12's

i'm stoked to see some midwest ppl, as well as someone with in 20 mins of where i live.

come summer we should meet up, and go for a cruise

93' Corolla 4dr 5spd+subs(SOLD)
89' GTS coupe
05 yamah zuma 70cc bb 52MPH gps.

LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

thanks dude, wheres greenville?

Dark*Squad!
llmrcleanll

76 posts [100%]
greenville wi

» Reply  Edit

its about ten minutes from appleton

if you know highway 76, it goes right through greenville.

93' Corolla 4dr 5spd+subs(SOLD)
89' GTS coupe
05 yamah zuma 70cc bb 52MPH gps.

LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

Re: (llmrcleanll) » Reply  Edit

I suppose I could update this.

I picked up a manual rack conversion and did that (boy what a headache that was). Along the way I started picking up parts to rebuild my rear end (open AND whining...)

had my 3rd member set up by Vinny at Destruction Warehouse in Kenosha, WI. He actually supplied me with a welded center section AND an extra 3rd member he had laying around, so all I need to do is swap this in..

specs:

4.778 r&p
solid pinion spacer
welded zenki center (rowdy rowdy)
all new bearings and races for pinion, diff and axles
New prothane bushings for 4 links, Sway bar, and lateral links.

All parts except for the center section and housing were purchased from Wier Performance. Thank you Rob and Spence!

I also picked up a harness.

now that I eliminated the worthless diff and broken power steering I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to focus on some aesthetics...

Picked up kouki corners and eyelids.

Took a chance and ordered a kouki bumper on ebay from MALAYSIA and it turned out to be pretty nice, had brackets and everything. Also picked up a J-blood front and TRD wing from SHINE in a local group buy.

This is how the car sits now.

I realize my spraypainted wing doesnt match. I'll take care of it. I'm also trading my seat with a friend who has a black Zeta II, so that will flow more I think.

And of course it cant ALL be good. On my way up to school the other day my HID/headligh/tail light wiring overheated because the previous owner messed something up and all my lights died. So I bought an OEM wiring service manual to try to re-do everything.

AND in the process of taking my rear end out, a couple of the bolts are giving me trouble. But hopefully that will be taken care of this weekend.

There are other things I forgot to take pics of, like the cruise delete throttle cable, and T3 NCRCA's but those are boring.

Thank you for looking!

Dark*Squad!
driven sydeways

153 posts [100%]
Appleton WI

» Reply  Edit

hey man! car looks good. i have a red hatch, i live up in neenah. my car runs and drives, i need to buff it and register it; other than that its pretty much on the back burner. pretty pumped to see someone pretty close to me with a rolla. do you plan on going to any of the "local" drift days?
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

i've been going to all the local drift days since 07 haha. I totalled my car at one of them. The question is, are YOU going? Hope to see you there.

Dark*Squad!
driven sydeways

153 posts [100%]
Appleton WI

Re: (LongGrain) » Reply  Edit

i should be. not driving, cars too sloppy to beat on. i need to go through alot on my car haha 3 of my friends go to practically every one, the have 240's. jordan darin and jake if you know them.
chale

1185 posts [93%]
SBC CA

» Reply  Edit

looks alot nicer with the jblood front

"Bart, a woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one" -Homer Simpson
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

Re: (driven sydeways) » Reply  Edit

sure do! I talk to them at events all the time, and have bought/sold parts with all three of them back in my 240 days.

Dark*Squad!
camo_ae86

92 posts [100%]
miami fl

Re: RED gts hatch pics/build (LongGrain) » Reply  Edit

hey where did you get the manual rack
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

a member of this forum.

Dark*Squad!
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

updates!

got the rear end out and dropped it off to have the new diff and axle bearings swapped in. while its out, I got everything else ready to drop in.

I also re wired my headlights and tail lights so they work properly now.

first drift day is in 2 weeks!

Dark*Squad!
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

picked up some new shoes

14x8 -12 SSR mesh. the tire sizes kinda suck, but I'll take care of it.

Rears are rewinds, but my rear end still isnt in, so no pics of those

Dark*Squad!
onelungderryl

2642 posts [87%]
American Canyon CA

» Reply  Edit

looks good. thanks for losing the sportmaxx

blog -> http://onelungderryl.blogspot.com/
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

Re: (onelungderryl) » Reply  Edit

thanks dude.

pics from DDXXX this weekend.

It was my first time sliding the car, and it feels absolutely amazing.

stock blue top, 14"s, azenis up front, 4.778+welded, manual rack w/ spacers and PS knuckles. I had a little steering bind, but the car felt like it had a million horsepower, and the angle was perfect. I'm absolutely in love. I'm never going back to S-chassis

I will post more pics and vids as they start popping up.

Dark*Squad!
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

updates:

engine is acting up, so i did a full service.

new OEM timing belt kit, water pump, cam seals, VC gaskets, fuel filter, radiator cap, radiator hoses distributor cap + rotor, NGK power cables, Denso iridium plugs.

I also removed all the unnecessary emissions stuff, the remnants of the PS and AC systems and cleaned/painted a bunch of engine parts. I did a half ass wire tuck while I was at it, and threw on my timing covers.

I wish I had a before shot, because the engine bay was a MESS.

also FINALLY got those sideskirts off, and the fenders and quarters smoothed out and painted.

the car needs to go lower... but my greddy's appear to be maxed out in the rear... It doesnt seem right to me though.

Dark*Squad!
leonmyster

130 posts [100%]
Kansas City Kansas

Re: » Reply  Edit

nice build. engine bay looks clean now. good job on the clean up. i'm planing on doing a almost full wire tuck on my car but we'll see. go to ebay and buy that 4age sticker from Gabe toyota(3 bucks free shipping) and slap it on. i think that'll looks sweet! i go to wausau a few times a year to visit the in laws, wen i do bring my ae86 i'll let you know and we can hang out or something (if you want to). LOL!
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

Re: Re: (leonmyster) » Reply  Edit

thanks for the heads up! My cover had the sticker, but it fell off when I tried to clean it haha.

definitely hit me up when you are in town!

new pic after I pulled the car out of the booth.

so does anyone know the secret to making greddy's go lower in the rear? my bottom mounts are rock bottom, but the car is still raked all crazy. I see tons of cars on greddy coils that are lower than mine in the rear. How do they do it?

Dark*Squad!
zenkicoupe

3412 posts [77%]
dirty fontana so. cali.

» Reply  Edit

by any chance, did you take out or cut the rear bump stops??

http://zenkitrdcoupe.blogspot.com/

email grnrolla86 at yahoo dot com

LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

no, I believe they are all original. The previous owner installed them.

Dark*Squad!
onelungderryl

2642 posts [87%]
American Canyon CA

» Reply  Edit

blog -> http://onelungderryl.blogspot.com/
 First  1 2 3 4 >  Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs