Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 New around here.. 85 GTSFirst  < 1 2 3 4 >  Last
Author Post
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

what does cutting the threaded part shorter even do? the spring is longer than that anyway.

and how will that bottom part seat on the spring perch with it being cut like that?

Dark*Squad!
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

Re: (LongGrain) » Reply  Edit

long time, no update.

did some more drifting at Midwest All Star Bash. I teamed up with some guys from STL and Iowa on sunday and we took first in Team Tandem comp.

some pics.

In the pits, wiping the car down with some windex for that streak free shine.

as my bumper got progressively more haggard throughout the day

Then I ran it over taking a short cut through the grass..... whoops

tandem with JZX90 Chaser.

More tandem

I popped my tires on saturday . Please ignore my messed up quarter panel.. I bought it that way

As far as car updates go. I got this steering wheel,

I also traded my red Vios III low max for a Black Zeta II. It fits the car much better, but I'm still getting used to how high it sits compared to the vios. [img][/img]

Dark*Squad!
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

bump, because I'm bored, and no one seems to like my build thread

I melted my disty cap

So I swapped in this nice MR2 dizzy w/ heat shield.

Better shot of the bay. Its starting to look pretty tidy (pre-dizzy swap though)

Dark*Squad!
zenkicoupe

3412 posts [77%]
dirty fontana so. cali.

i like your build thread. lols.

just post up. people look. i forgot that i aske a question. did you take out the bump stops?
onelung's idea is a good one. by cutting the treads that you won't use any way, you take the risk of the perch hitting the rear end when it squats.

http://zenkitrdcoupe.blogspot.com/

email grnrolla86 at yahoo dot com

onelungderryl

2642 posts [87%]
American Canyon CA

Re: (zenkicoupe) » Reply  Edit

I really like this car I regret selling my bumpers now.

I'm actually converting the coilovers to a t3 style using the stance as a shock base. Just need collars..

But again I really like this car, no skirts, front aero stock front and trd wing. Looks like Ueo or immura's old cars

blog -> http://onelungderryl.blogspot.com/
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

Thanks for the compliments!

thats definitely the look i've been going for. All my favorite hachis are simple.

I'm still wondering if I can run just the spring in the rear and get rid of the adjustment collar. That would definitely get me to a better height, I just dont know if my shock can handle it.

I also need an adjustable lateral bar badly.

Dark*Squad!
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

Lots of updates.

Got a new goodline front.

and A new seat

and these

and I blew my motor, so I started pulling it out. I'm picking up another blue top with map conversion to replace it.

Dark*Squad!
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

more updates.

started prepping the new MAP converted motor

Picked up T3 4-link and traction brackets.

Traded my HKS sport for a BC spec II, No pics since I'm still waiting on the new one. Going to have to get a new header and test pipe also.

got a bunch of new stickers and stuff.

Hoping to move the car to a new shop thats actually heated over semester break so I can get some work done.

How's the quality on those OBX headers? they seem to look pretty nice. I'd love a danstoy or silk road, but I'm not really in the market for a $700 header at this time. I'd be fine with an OBX as long as the fitment is ok, I know I've heard of some people having trouble with them hitting the floor? that would be no bueno. But right now I'm thinking anything will look nicer than my beat up, hacked together pacesetter.

Dark*Squad!
i13ethat

457 posts [100%]
SoCaL ca

» Reply  Edit

your car looks awesome. nice build

[Socal] -JDM Toyota Celica Tiger Stripe Front Seats- [for sale]
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=110842
stephan

852 posts [93%]
trabuco canyon ca

» Reply  Edit

your car looks total 2001 japan drift style... i like it!
corod

160 posts [100%]
westside b.c.

Re: (stephan) » Reply  Edit

Dope ride ...

So what my car is held together by bubble gum & zip ties..... I drive sideways...

LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

Re: (corod) » Reply  Edit

thanks.

heres some pics and vids from the Road America event this summer that I somehow forgot to post about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvak4kYA7Ig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlwgzNeTmgg

Dark*Squad!
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

minor updates

modified a zenki grill to fit with my goodline bumper (not sure if I like it or not). And got a strut tower bar.

Here you can see the old and busted 16v I'm slacking on pulling out (also parting if anyone needs anything)

And the new heart just waiting... cleaned it up a bit more, crossing my fingers that its healthy once I get it in..

and random interior shots because I can.... and I know my headliner is falling off and my interior looks like a mess..

also got these

random winter mode shot..

stay tuned for some big updates in the next few weeks, since I'm off school. Planning on getting this thing operational again very soon.

Dark*Squad!
justin_labayen

480 posts [100%]
el paso tx

» Reply  Edit

Good line front bumper is amazing!

LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

Isnt it? I love it.

Dark*Squad!
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

more updates that are void of any real progress.

I got a header

and lights

and this crap

And finally got my car into a space where I can actually work on it.

flatbeds make everything easier

and just to be a picture whore.

Looks much better with window moldings I think.

got engine out

started organizing parts

ACTION SHOT!

Old engine looking quite bare...

more picture whoring!

weird looking aluminum flywheel? dunno. The last part I need from the old hamster.

Dark*Squad!
onelungderryl

2642 posts [87%]
American Canyon CA

» Reply  Edit

Looks good. That flywheel is a fidanza, you can buy replacement centers for 50 bucks

Grant

3656 posts [86%]
San Jose ca

» Reply  Edit

car looks rad man, and I like your angle

Stand Alone ECU tuning. Message me for details.

Looking to buy a corolla manual rack and a TRD 3 gear transmission.
*also wtb 4 point roll cage/bar for ae86 coupe

LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

Thanks!

yea derryl, previous owner just now let me know it had a fidanza haha. Pleasant surprise I guess!

Dark*Squad!
CoRoLLiN

2256 posts [99%]
SoCal, South Bay Carson

Your radiator looks thicker than oem, what kind it is? Is it more than a 1 row radiator?
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

pretty sure its oem, I can check next time I'm at the shop though

Dark*Squad!
tymarbry

519 posts [95%]
Kansas City MO

I like this build thread. It makes me miss my Corolla

--1977 Datsun 280z--
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

I almost have the new motor ready to go in. Just need to pick up a clutch alignment tool so I can throw the clutch and trans on.

Dark*Squad!
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

More updates

after 3 months of waiting, I finally got my exhaust, and put it on right away

and I removed the adjustable spring perches in the rear to see how it looked.

got about an inch or inch and a half lower in back

front is high because theres still no motor or trans up there. I think when all that is sorted that it should be pretty even, if not the fronts have room to go down still I think.

these came

and motor went in.

did wiring and ecu, still need to tidy things up, but it doesnt look TOO bad I dont think.

buttoned up exhaust and driveshaft.

Didnt have to hammer the floor or anything to fit the header, everything lined up perfectly.

Got motor to fire up, but ran into a bunch of issues with the MAP conversion wiring and such that I'm still trying to figure out.

(click)

Fuel pump isnt getting power from the ignition switch for some reason so once we supplied it with direct power we were able to get it to run decently.

Still has a lot of bugs to work out before I can actually drive it though.

and after getting it running that was about it for the night.

Then got tires swapped the next day

and mounted.

fitment seems weak for what the sizes are, but whatever, I'll space them if i have to.

Dark*Squad!
onelungderryl

2642 posts [87%]
American Canyon CA

» Reply  Edit

looks good!

whats up with your license plate man?

LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

hobbyist plates for "street modified" classic vehicles.

saves me from equipment violations (exhaust etc) and I don't ever have to renew my reg.

Dark*Squad!
onelungderryl

2642 posts [87%]
American Canyon CA

wow thats legit man! I wish we had something like that, closest thing is a historic plate and you can only drive the car 150 miles a year. did you need that window trim molding?

LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

Re: (onelungderryl) » Reply  Edit

I did. My car didnt come with them when I bought it. I actually bought a set over a year ago, but they flew off for some reason. I finally got around to picking up another set, these ones are in better shape and seem to stay much better. Hopefully I wont have to buy them for a third time haha.

only restrictions with these plates in WI is that you must have at least one other car registered in your name and you cannot drive the vehicle in January. Which is cool because theres 6 feet of snow on the ground here in January.

Dark*Squad!
zenkicoupe

3412 posts [77%]
dirty fontana so. cali.

sounds sweet. i like the secon video, "give it some" loud rev! "wow!"
made me chuckle..lols

so how do you like it with the map set up? i have one as well, but have not ran it yet. i have one wire that i lost the tag to what its for and cant remember either...well maybe after torc ill try it out.

http://zenkitrdcoupe.blogspot.com/

email grnrolla86 at yahoo dot com

corollarollas

6543 posts [90%]

» Reply  Edit

love it without the skirts... and i love how you drift in your ssr's haha
 First  < 1 2 3 4 >  Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs