Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 New around here.. 85 GTSFirst  < 2 3 4   Last
Author Post
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

thanks, I probably will not update this thread much since no one posts in it anyway, if you want to follow my build, its posted on JDMchicago, chicagoarea240sx, ziptied, and HR.net.

username is the same for all.

Dark*Squad!
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Re: (LongGrain) » Reply  Edit

Aw man I gotta post for updates? I was all WOOHOO Long Champs! And the WOOHOO BEAMS!!?!1
dreamtoyzchicago

1790 posts [99%]
CHICAGO IL

» Reply  Edit

come on Ryan post

Victoriasdaddy =)
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

Progress:

Packed up the beams into the fit one last time and brought it to the shop

oh, and I got a koyo radiator too,

Once all that was unpacked, started tearing into the car, took the front chassis harness out and got the motor ready to pull.

man I love how easy these are to pull out.

Then I noticed that hawking's shell had cooler mirrors than mine, so I snatched them.

before: big dumb jelly bean, power mirrors.

After: cool little manual mirrors. It doesnt look like that much of a difference, but it is, I promise.

random

and some shots of the shop itself.

Dark*Squad!
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

How much you want for that shifter!?
Joshua Araujo

209 posts [100%]
brampton ontario

» Reply  Edit

Beams FTW! Welcome to the club Just seen this thread now. It's awesome!
Can I ask why you switched from T3 4links to battleversion?
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

shifter is sold with the engine/trans.

got rid of the T3 4 link without ever even putting them on. Went with bver because general consensus was that having the half rubber/heim was the absolute best option. I'm much more impressed with the quality of alex's stuff than I am with T3, I'll probably end up switching all my front arms to battle version as well.

Dark*Squad!
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Quote, originally posted by LongGrain »
shifter is sold with the engine/trans.

Already paid for? The search continues....
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

Traded a friend of mine the entire 4ag swap for a stack 8130 race dash.

Dark*Squad!
Note

620 posts [100%]
Oil Painting, Trapped

Stacks are:

Can't wait to see some more progress photos!

Build Thread: 1985 AE86 GT-S

Note's "For Sale" Thread
* GZE Supercharger Kit
* T50 Transmissions

Note's "Want to Buy" Thread

Email: zenkinote@gmail.com

"God's In His Heaven, All's Right With The World"

LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

thanks for the compliments. Big things coming SOON.

Dark*Squad!
GodLovesUgly

154 posts [100%]
Calgary Alberta

So stoked this thread is back. I miss this car.
Couldnt be more stoked on this! Beams, itbs, buddyclub, need i say more? time to live vicariously through you
Ps those mirrors DO make a big difference!
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

wow thanks, didnt think people were even reading this thread.

and x10000 for those mirrors, I never even noticed that corollas ever came with different looking mirrors until that white shell next to mine had them, I had to have them haha.

Dark*Squad!
Toy86

354 posts [100%]
Crestview FL

LongGrain,

You just got another subscriber; i'm going to be watching this thread, and how you do your BEAMS engine swap. I want to eventually do this swap as well, and i'm tryinig to get as much information that i can from this forum, and from ppl that have done it. Thanks, and cant wait to see more updates!!!

Toy86

marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Re: (Toy86) » Reply  Edit

wow nice thread, I just read through it all and it looks like you have had fun since leaving the 240's and coming into the ae86 group, nice builds man. cant wait to see more.
86_levin

11 posts [100%]
Yokota AB tokyo

Re: (Note) » Reply  Edit

Nice build man!

One question, Where did you get the manifold for the ITB's from?

1986 Corolla Levin GT-Apex
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

http://www.xcessivemanufacturi...d=306

I had/have the first production unit.

Dark*Squad!
LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

Someone who's done S13 front subframe should talk to me.

I've heard/read that its almost a bolt in affair and you can still use corolla arms/suspension.

My reasoning for this is that the s13 subframe is shaped much better to fit the beams. it drops down in the center enough so that i should be able to close my hood without having to space the subframe down a bunch, which would ruin my roll center.

anyone have any input? The guy doing all the fab work on my car has one in his 20v hatch and the way the engine is mounted is awesome. Except he's using s13 front suspension, and I want to keep everything corolla besides the actual subframe.

Dark*Squad!
mikeyee

1697 posts [96%]
Fremont ca

» Reply  Edit

dudes down under love doing the s-chassis suspension swaps up front.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com...6-*e7*

and doing truck rear ends to boot

edit, sorry. not sure if they go over actual subframe swap.

http://about.me/myee

Mike Yee's Corolla resource page: https://sites.google.com/site/ncalae86/resources-1

LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

it will be a cold day in hell before I put 240 suspension on my car.

I'm just talking about the subframe. nothing else.

Coilovers, LCA's, knuckles, tension arms, steering rack, tie rods, etc will all stay 100% corolla.

I'm not even fully comfortable putting an s13 subframe in the car, but it seems like a cheap solution to the beams fitment issue that doesnt involve destroying my overall geometry like spacing the stock subframe down would.

Dark*Squad!
Warren

194 posts [93%]
Victoria BC

» Reply  Edit

I am under the impression that S13 subframes mount the LCA lower off the framerails than 86 do. I will compare the two when I get home from work.

This is mostly for oil pan clearance yes?

LongGrain

516 posts [94%]
Green Bay WI

» Reply  Edit

no, its so the engine will clear the hood.

Dark*Squad!
 First  < 2 3 4   Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs