Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 San Francisco Levin buildFirst  < 13 14 15 16 17 >  Last
Author Post
Billy_Andrea

1321 posts [100%]
San Francisco CA

Re: (gaijin_rokurunner) » Reply  Edit

Very interested to hear what your final numbers are given the amount of detail you have gone into with this build.
You are correct, I went wih the SUpertech valves & the cams are Kelford.
Billy_Andrea

1321 posts [100%]
San Francisco CA

Re: (killer_siller) » Reply  Edit

Yep.....
smashfactory

257 posts [100%]
Hollywood CA

Re: (Billy_Andrea) » Reply  Edit

One of the best builds!

Modified by smashfactory at 3:59 PM 10/31/2012

friggin'
micrors4racer

756 posts [98%]
San Jose CA

» Reply  Edit

Spotted it on CL Billy. What happened?

This car needs to be saved from the offers of craigslist low ballers!!!

Disregard females, Acquire currency + Corolla parts
Billy_Andrea

1321 posts [100%]
San Francisco CA

Re: (micrors4racer) » Reply  Edit

Thanks. I have already been getting typical Craigslist replies!
I have always wanted an E30 M3 and think now is a good time to start another project.
Note

620 posts [100%]
Oil Painting, Trapped

Crazy. I certainly hope you get a few legitimate buyers through the wave of lowballers. I have serious respect for your work, I wish you all the best on the sale!

Build Thread: 1985 AE86 GT-S

Note's "For Sale" Thread
* GZE Supercharger Kit
* T50 Transmissions

Note's "Want to Buy" Thread

Email: zenkinote@gmail.com

"God's In His Heaven, All's Right With The World"

Grant

3656 posts [86%]
San Jose ca

» Reply  Edit

Billy I like e30 M3's as much as the next guy but the engine was the centerpiece of your build!

This is like reading Harry Potter series as a kid and then the last book was never released...

Stand Alone ECU tuning. Message me for details.

Looking to buy a corolla manual rack and a TRD 3 gear transmission.
*also wtb 4 point roll cage/bar for ae86 coupe

Billy_Andrea

1321 posts [100%]
San Francisco CA

Re: (Grant) » Reply  Edit

Thanks Grant, and you're right ! I wish I could install the engine but it would make the car virtually unsellable.
Much like this car, the engine will be the center piece of the E30. I have already been talking to Hasselgren about how it will be done. Basically, a BMW version of the FA engine.
smashfactory

257 posts [100%]
Hollywood CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk

friggin'
Billy_Andrea

1321 posts [100%]
San Francisco CA

Re: (smashfactory) » Reply  Edit

That was funny....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vap2nDUe27o

smashfactory

257 posts [100%]
Hollywood CA

E30's are my favorite BMW model.

But I lover the 86.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?N...ZuRNs

Good luck with the sale.

friggin'
Billy_Andrea

1321 posts [100%]
San Francisco CA

Re: (smashfactory) » Reply  Edit

Add 40bhp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z09AdRmc7MI

Grant

3656 posts [86%]
San Jose ca

» Reply  Edit

smashfactory - that was the perfect response video, I was thinking of the same one.

Stand Alone ECU tuning. Message me for details.

Looking to buy a corolla manual rack and a TRD 3 gear transmission.
*also wtb 4 point roll cage/bar for ae86 coupe

Coldvaper

801 posts [100%]
SF CA

» Reply  Edit

I agree with Grant that was a great vid.
jdm86gtz

711 posts [100%]
Waterford Ireland

» Reply  Edit

You'll probably regret getting this close to building a F/A AE86 and then selling out for a run of the mill bmw (haha)
Coldvaper

801 posts [100%]
SF CA

» Reply  Edit

I wouldn't call it a run of the mill bmw, actually its very impressive as a car. The s14 motor is pretty awesome, I have seen people consistently make 250hp on pump gas and some rumors of over 300hp exist. Its one of the few BMWs I would ever consider buying. Now that being said I have driven one and I thought the car was way too heavy. Not to mention their prices are way over the top and make the car not really worth it in my opinion. Having driven the S2000 I rather get a AP2 S2000 for the price of a decent E30 M3. I actually prefer to drive the Ae86 on a regular basis over either since the Ae86 chassis just has something about it that screams drive me. This is just me and my personal opinion and I understand why Billy wouldn't want to complete the build since it would price the Ae86 out of the market not too many people would pay 20k for a Ae86 even with a full blown FA motor in it. Those who would probably can't afford to. I am sad to see Billy get of the Ae86 game since he has built such a beautiful example so far and the Ae86 community will be less without him in it.
Good Luck on you endeavors Billy.
D
PS FLY WHEEL :D
Billy_Andrea

1321 posts [100%]
San Francisco CA

Re: (Coldvaper) » Reply  Edit

Thanks for the comments guys...
Having thought long & hard about it I have decided to keep the car & proceed with the engine install..
Hope to start it before the month ends.
Note

620 posts [100%]
Oil Painting, Trapped

Oh damn, that's great news!

Glad to see you're sticking around. Can't wait to see some more quality work, it's very inspirational.

Note's "For Sale" Thread
* GZE Supercharger Kit
* T50 Transmissions

UltimX

496 posts [98%]
ba ca

Re: (Note) » Reply  Edit

Glad ur sticking it out, if I, as well as anyone else who had the money would buy the engine.
Coldvaper

801 posts [100%]
SF CA

» Reply  Edit

Can't wait to see more project pics. Also on a side not they did not make e30 m3s here in the sates without a sunroof which blows.
Billy_Andrea

1321 posts [100%]
San Francisco CA

Re: (Coldvaper) » Reply  Edit

Speaking of more project pics, the chassis harness arrived yesterday. Complete MIL spec harness to match up with the engine harness. Pre-labelled etc... should make install a bit easier. Pectel T6 arriving during the week.

Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Is it weird that I'm amazed by something so simple as a wire harness? I mean, no paperclip junctions or loped off jumper cables? Every update makes all other builds (mine especially) look lame and hacked.

Plus I'm glad you decided to keep this project going. I almost bought an E30 coupe many years ago, but a coworker needed a car quick so I let him have it. Best decision of my life, that one was a money pit from hell and still has issues to this day lol.

Note

620 posts [100%]
Oil Painting, Trapped

Re: (Eric'sFreeAE86) » Reply  Edit

I always loved MIL spec harnesses; their quality and simplicity always was something to admire, especially compared to the factory mess Toyota gives us.

Note's "For Sale" Thread
* GZE Supercharger Kit
* T50 Transmissions

Drivesan89Caravan

2046 posts [93%]
East Bay Norcal CA

YESSSS!!! I can't wait to hear her run!

"You just bought an AE86? Well get ready to empty your wallet and feed it to your car"

Billy_Andrea

1321 posts [100%]
San Francisco CA

Re: (Drivesan89Caravan) » Reply  Edit

Probably something like this only with a muffler. His engine is the older TRD 220bhp version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...video

Coldvaper

801 posts [100%]
SF CA

» Reply  Edit

Wow you found the old school version of the TRD car, beautiful sound none the less.
ga_goosh

2498 posts [100%]
far enough to require shipping HTX

» Reply  Edit

wow nice harness. it looks like there are bmw clips awesome and very clean

I <3 my AE86

Kouki 86-87 Service Manual
4AGE Diagnostic Manual
Toyota Wiring Repair Manual
20V Blacktop fsm
.......USE THEM!!!.......

TEXAS 86 Forum
http://www.86garage.com

gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

Hey Billy can u post your dyno graph of your 20v or email me a copy id like to see tour torque curve on the pull?
UltimX

496 posts [98%]
ba ca

I too would like one too if u don't mind
Billy_Andrea

1321 posts [100%]
San Francisco CA

Guys,

I would but the new owner has the dyno sheet that came with the engine from Hasselgren. From memory, the final tune with a TRD copy header:
It did better numbers with a bigger header but the tune was for what the car would actually use.

199bhp @ 8,300rpm
140lbs @ 5,700rpm

Going to use this dash. Ordered & on the way. Pi Research Cosworth Omega Dash. It'll plug directly into my ECU & display all of the sensors that I install.

First  < 13 14 15 16 17 >  Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs