Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 ne1 runnin aftermarket ecu s ???
Author Post
rooster

52 posts [98%]
solvay newyork

ne1 runnin aftermarket ecu s ??? Reply  Edit

im curious about what brands of aftermarket ecu s are out there an what the benefits are over having stock ecu s flashed ?

Mulder

284 posts [99%]
sandpoint id

Re: ne1 runnin aftermarket ecu s ??? (rooster) » Reply  Edit

I dont think there's much of anything available anymore on the market other than completely programmable ECU's like Megasquirt.

-Mulder
Black '86 MR2 20v

-I may be small but I am strong and I'll get it on with you!

Randomist

259 posts [98%]
MT MEE QLD

Re: ne1 runnin aftermarket ecu s ??? (Mulder) » Reply  Edit

yeah, a few people over here run ms2 , mostly the v6 guys im going to use ms2 as well with my 9age, dont think there is much else available, a company in europe makes something very similar to the megasquirt but its more expensive and harder to obtain over here so ms2 or nothing

AW 11 - the original and the best

oldeskewltoy

13133 posts [99%]
Portland

» Reply  Edit

unit installed in my car

http://www.fjoracing.com/products/341B

Features

•Direct control of fuel delivery system with self-tuning feature
•Integrated high energy direct-fire ignition system or support for OEM Coil-on-Plug ignitions
•Easy to use graphic set-up menus and datalogging using a laptop
•User defined configuration tables
•8 trigger inputs
•15 sensor inputs to monitor and protect the engine
•21 control outputs (can be used for functions such as nitrous control, boost control, VVT, etc)
•Wireless link for datalogging/tuning
•Integrated GPS

Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/ USE it!

I've been wrong before... and at somepoint in time, I'll be wrong again

rooster

52 posts [98%]
solvay newyork

Re: (oldeskewltoy) » Reply  Edit

just found my password lol how much is the ms or ms2 runnin $ wise vs what ur runnin ??? i like the pic ty
Mulder

284 posts [99%]
sandpoint id

Re: (rooster) » Reply  Edit

MS2 is in the $250-$400 depending on where you buy and whether it's assembled or needs assembly. At least that's what it was when I last looked a few years ago. DIYautotune.com was a great website for them.

-Mulder
Black '86 MR2 20v

rooster

52 posts [98%]
solvay newyork

Re: (Mulder) » Reply  Edit

is the ms 2 plug an play ???
rooster

52 posts [98%]
solvay newyork

whats the difference between the ms 2 and a standalone ???
Mulder

284 posts [99%]
sandpoint id

Re: (rooster) » Reply  Edit

No, it's not plug and play. MS2 is a standalone ECU. It's completely programmable, but takes a lot of time and knowledge to set it up with the proper inputs/outputs/wiring/sensors and to make a proper fuel map. I spent a year reading all the info I could get my hands on about making it work but finally gave up and sold the thing. Such an undertaking is not for the faint of heart, and if you look on this forum, you'll find thousands of people who tried and failed to make it work.

Doesn't sound like it's the right option for you if you're asking if it's plug and play.

-Mulder
Black '86 MR2 20v

rooster

52 posts [98%]
solvay newyork

i gotta agree with u there im deff not competent enough 2 program that however my boss is well versed in the physics behind an engine id have 2 talk 2 him an c if its something he could help me program altho he is more into chevy an gm products over toyota but he has built motorcycle engines that have reached 300 hp

» Return to Cars - MR2 (AW, SW, ZZW)