Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 engine issues, im in the dark
Author Post
Randomist

259 posts [98%]
MT MEE QLD

engine issues, im in the dark Reply  Edit

i have just replaced the gearbox for my aw11 mr2, its using wve is not the original motor, as most of the wiring is DIY replacement wire.

what i know: its a bigport (probably a redtop)
what problem i have:
above the gearbox ran 4 wires from the firewall over to the injectors, this wire has been made longer by adding some wire that doesnt colour match the original, and whil replacing the gearbox the wires were pulled apart.

i put them back together in the order i thought they were in, but now the car cranks but the motor wont fire up, and i saw smoke coming from the intake side of the motor, only a lil bit but enough to know that i have the wiring wrong ( most likely)

does anyone know what the wires running over the top of the gearbox are for? it will be same as any front wheel drive carolla from what i hear.

I appreciate any help, ill try to get a picture posted up of the factory side of the wiring, but i doubt it will be much help, colours are:
white, light green, red and blue

AW 11 - the original and the best

Randomist

259 posts [98%]
MT MEE QLD

Re: engine issues, im in the dark (Randomist) » Reply  Edit

well guess no ones gonna help,

it matters not anyhow, as i have since discovered the wiring for both sides is not the correct colour

ill be jumpering the eccu tomorrow to check the fault code, and them im gonna try to figure out how i can tell which wires join

AW 11 - the original and the best

jondee86
Reggae Rules...

4374 posts [96%]
Wellington, NZ

Re: engine issues, im in the dark (Randomist) » Reply  Edit

If you check the forums index, you will find a forum specifically for AW11, SW20 etc.
Your chances of getting a reply would be better if you posted your question there

Cheers... jondee86

jondee86 has been a member for 735,126 days.

Give a person a fish, they eat for a day. Suggest they search before posting, and they learn a skill for a lifetime.

muffinman

4 posts [100%]
Fort Lauderdale Fl

» Reply  Edit

were you able to resolve it?

» Return to Cars - MR2 (AW, SW, ZZW)