Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 looking to swapt a C52 LSD 6-speed trans on my AE102 can anyone help?
Author Post
dapeople

13 posts [100%]
Mount Prospect IL

looking to swapt a C52 LSD 6-speed trans on my AE102 can anyone help? Reply  Edit

I have a 93' corolla (AE102) that is Turbo charged and been looking for a while to figure out what tyoe of LSD i could use for the front wheel drive monster? i was told that a C52 from an MR2 Would be a direct bolt on since toyota made most of their vehicles compatible? can anyone help?

Randomist

259 posts [98%]
MT MEE QLD

Re: looking to swapt a C52 LSD 6-speed trans on my AE1 ... (dapeople) » Reply  Edit

well for starters,c52 is a 5 speed and has no lsd

secondly lsd go for around 1500

if you want a 6 speed get a c160 gearbox, but im doubtful whether they will survive big power
actually the mr2 geaarbox is identical to the fwd rolla box, and its easier to get one out of a corolla so i would look for a levin or trueno one from japanland that had a factory toyota lsd

AW 11 - the original and the best

Toyboy805

1762 posts [99%]
Oxnard ca

Re: looking to swapt a C52 LSD 6-speed trans on my AE1 ... (dapeople) » Reply  Edit

the Mr2 tranny wont work on a fwd application they are diffrent

1993.5 supra turbo 6 speed
1991 nissan nx 2000 sr20det
1990 toyota ae92 corolla levin 4age high comp
1989 nissan rhd sil80ty sr20det
1986 ae86 gts high comp 4age
1984 ae86 coupe sr5 4ac soon 4agze
dacoupe

181 posts [100%]
Victoria BC

You obviously never read my reply regarding the differences between the FWD and MR transmissions did you? Here it is again to show that they are identical internally but the linkages need modifying for either FWD/MR orientation. Also, IM XSVWGN because he has a turbo AE102 wagon (previous SC14 16v GZE) now 20v GTE.

http://www.padandwheels.com/mr....html

81 TE72 - project
92 RN85 - daily beater
Gen Four : Toyota Corolla E70
muffinman

4 posts [100%]
Fort Lauderdale Fl

» Reply  Edit

iirc the MR2 S/C trans had lsd but was only 5 spd.
mtptl

10 posts [100%]
cbe tamilnadu

Not neccesarily...My '92 Corolla Hatchback with 4A-FE engine had a C52 aswell. As do most Corolla's down here for that matter.

Don't know if there is a difference between US en Europe in that, but here, the C52 manual 5-speed had two variants: The ones fitted to the 4A-F(E) engines and the ones fitted to the 4A-GE's. Only difference was that the 4A-GE C52 had a different final gear (I believe it was 4,058 for the 'normal' C52 and 4.312 for the 4A-GE C52)
From the outside, you can't see which is which. Only way to indentify them is by the engine it was mated to.

Difference between C50 en C52 that can indentify them is that the C50 has only 1 'hump' for the starter on the bell-housing

rona25

5 posts [100%]
Madera California

Re: looking to swapt a C52 LSD 6-speed trans on my AE1 ... (mtptl) » Reply  Edit

That's great!

Halloween Contacts

» Return to Cars - MR2 (AW, SW, ZZW)