Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 what is this?
Author Post
Asun.Eric

9 posts [100%]
Newark Ca

what is this? Reply  Edit

can anyone identify what this is and why there are two?

Asun.Eric

9 posts [100%]
Newark Ca

Re: what is this? (Asun.Eric) » Reply  Edit

are they VSV's?

also to my discovery tonight, the EGR Valve was removed and blocked off. would it matter if the E, and R Vacuum lines off the throttle body were looped to each other?

Randomist

259 posts [98%]
MT MEE QLD

Re: what is this? (Asun.Eric) » Reply  Edit

i honestly dont know, i thought they were map sensors, but then i noticed your car was supercharged, which would mean it has a afm

do you have the bgb ? i would suggest looking at the supercharger section of that, if not google around there are free copies of it available, and even i believe in the reference section here on the site

good luck, let us know what it is ^_^

AW 11 - the original and the best

Mulder

284 posts [99%]
sandpoint id

Re: what is this? (Randomist) » Reply  Edit

MAP sensors was my guess too, but I don't know the supercharged engine at all. And I've never known a car to have two MAP sensors.

-Mulder
Black '86 MR2 20v

-I may be small but I am strong and I'll get it on with you!

Randomist

259 posts [98%]
MT MEE QLD

Re: what is this? (Mulder) » Reply  Edit

no, the ,map sensors in the boot next to the ecu.

it may be some kind of air flow meter for the supercharger though, aair sensor of some description, i know for a fact my stock as n/a does not have eiher of these, its definently a supercharged thing

good luck, and share what it is when you find out ^_^

AW 11 - the original and the best

Toyboy805

1762 posts [99%]
Oxnard ca

Re: what is this? (Randomist) » Reply  Edit

is there a part # on any of them items and run the part # to see what comes Up

1993.5 supra turbo 6 speed
1991 nissan nx 2000 sr20det
1990 toyota ae92 corolla levin 4age high comp
1989 nissan rhd sil80ty sr20det
1986 ae86 gts high comp 4age
1984 ae86 coupe sr5 4ac soon 4agze
Q-Authority

338 posts [100%]
San Diego CA

Re: what is this? (Toyboy805) » Reply  Edit

Those are either HKS map sensors, for the PFC F-Con, or ones that look just like them, such as the stock jdm map sensor (they look just like the ones in my F-Con kit). Why there are two of them though I have no idea, unless that is a jdm engine that used a stock map sensor, and the previous owner also had a piggyback ecu on it, like an HKS. It would have helped if you had offered more info on the motor.

So long and thanks for all the fish! =)

» Return to Cars - MR2 (AW, SW, ZZW)