Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 My AE86 Corolla Levin GT-APEX (R.I.P. 11/20/2012)First  < 21 22 23 24 25 >  Last
Author Post
Deuce Cam

1029 posts [100%]
Chandler AZ

Re: (AE86Kai) » Reply  Edit

What model momo steering wheels are those? I love the period correct look.

Parts for sale:

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=99639

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: (Deuce Cam) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Deuce Cam »
What model momo steering wheels are those? I love the period correct look.

I believe they are momo Cobra II.
Also, both of them are from OEM Daihatsu that has little "D" logo on the cover as well.

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

» Reply  Edit

No leaks, everything works perfect.

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

» Reply  Edit

Night Shots.....

YoShImUrA53

213 posts [100%]
SoCal

That last one looks like it's straight from the car's catalogue. Congrats!
AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: (YoShImUrA53) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by YoShImUrA53 »
That last one looks like it's straight from the car's catalogue. Congrats!

Thank you sir.
No photoshop trick here, just a quick snap shot with my old digi-camera.

chocobot

451 posts [100%]
Los Angeles CA

Quote, originally posted by AE86Kai »

..I still need to pay approx. $1,125 for AE86. (inspection fee, tax, tax, tax, tax ....& tax.)

Plus, I am paying approx. $500 EVERY YEAR for registration....that I was paying less than $50 in SoCal....... ...

Haru, dont feel bad.

At least that money is being allocated to the appropriate areas of infrastructure (loved those silky-smooth roads in japan ; ..ohh and the rail/metro system, holy moly! man, i mean..you could plan your trip down to the minute!

Here in LA, our tax money takes a different route.. ends up lining the pockets of our dirty bureaucrats. Sooo, the metro "gets here, when it gets here" and we deal with navigating through the mine fields (pot holes/caverns )

Recently, I drove back home after a night in downtown., skirted one pothole, but hit the next..killed my driver side bearings
Limped back home with a horrible ear-piercing squeal. Set off the ol' dog alarm in my neighborhood..woke up the neighbors (which are already prejudice towards older cars. not sure why..my corolla is well-maintened! [idiot girl next door just killed her e-classbenz due to trips to Vegas and zer0 maintenance, "stupid car" she exclaimed]

sorry for the rant,. but point is: YOU LUCKY

Your skill in Reading has increased by 1 point.
Note

620 posts [100%]
Oil Painting, Trapped

Re: (chocobot) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by chocobot »
... we deal with navigating through the mine fields (pot holes/caverns )

Recently, I drove back home after a night in downtown., skirted one pothole, but hit the next..killed my driver side bearings

The roads back home in Wisconsin are horrific. Each winter brings a new series of pot holes followed by road works for the rest of the year doing cheap "fill and spill" jobs to patch them (goodbye paintwork). Then again, we pay close to nil in registration.

Glad I moved out of there, haha.

Build Thread: 1985 AE86 GT-S

Note's "For Sale" Thread
* GZE Supercharger Kit
* T50 Transmissions

Note's "Want to Buy" Thread

Email: zenkinote@gmail.com

"God's In His Heaven, All's Right With The World"

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: (chocobot) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by chocobot »

Haru, dont feel bad.

At least that money is being allocated to the appropriate areas of infrastructure (loved those silky-smooth roads in japan ; ..ohh and the rail/metro system, holy moly! man, i mean..you could plan your trip down to the minute!

Here in LA, our tax money takes a different route.. ends up lining the pockets of our dirty bureaucrats. Sooo, the metro "gets here, when it gets here" and we deal with navigating through the mine fields (pot holes/caverns )

Limped back home with a horrible ear-piercing squeal. Set off the ol' dog alarm in my neighborhood..woke up the neighbors (which are already prejudice towards older cars. not sure why..my corolla is well-maintened! [idiot girl next door just killed her e-classbenz due to trips to Vegas and zer0 maintenance, "stupid car" she exclaimed]

sorry for the rant,. but point is: YOU LUCKY

TRUE. I don't think I ever hit any potholes on the street.
Roads are so smooth that you can not compare it with SoCal roads.
All used cars still looks and performs like new that it is almost insane to buy a new cars here.

I guess I am lucky in someway but, I still cannot believe how much I am paying to own a COROLLA-!!!!

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: (Note) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Note »

The roads back home in Wisconsin are horrific. Each winter brings a new series of pot holes followed by road works for the rest of the year doing cheap "fill and spill" jobs to patch them (goodbye paintwork). Then again, we pay close to nil in registration.

Glad I moved out of there, haha.

Well, in fact we have similar situation here, too when it comes to a "budget issue".
Every winter, construction start everywhere in Japan that they are try to use up their budget by end of the year so that they can get same or more budget next year.

They just start digging perfectly fine roads and repave it for no reason.
May be they are actually doing something but, that is how I look at it.....

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

» Reply  Edit

I've been quiet for a while but, I think it is about time to let everyone know that I lost my AE86 on November 20, 2012.

It happened on the way to my work around 6:55AM. I was at complete stop at intersection with one car in front of me.

All of sudden, my car was hit from behind and crashed it to the car in front of me.
I was carried to ER and as you can imagine, my car is totaled.
(It is hard to tell from a picture but, frame, roof is bent, whole car is twisted)

No one died but, this was my very first accident since I start driving from mid 80's.
I am not sure what is going to be my next daily but, I know for a fact that it is not going to be AE86 again.
(Please don`t ask me why...there are numerous reasons...)

Thank you for your support and over 700 of kind comments to my Levin.
I am going to start listing some of my parts for sale that I would like post here first.

TD86

52 posts [100%]
Carson CA

... Oh man. Glad to know you're still alive and breathing. A car is always replaceable, not a person.

The day when I get my own AE86 will come soon..
4A-C ohhh yeaaaaahh xD
ronny
RnD Office - Ronny

7077 posts [89%]
Irvine CA

Re: (TD86) » Reply  Edit

Sighh

VOLK TE37 only....!

project plan- 86 TWINKIES - has Begun..

Basketweaving M-F 7pm plz contact superstarlevin for enrollment

:thumbup:

johnh

442 posts [100%]
Moreno Valley CA

Haru,
I hope you are okay!
It is a total shame that this happened to you.
I just want you to know that you inspired me to build my corolla,
and you will still continue to.
All I can say is thanks!
Best of luck Haru!
AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

» Reply  Edit

Thank you for your kind comments.
I still cannot believe that I lost my car this way.
It was terrible feeling to strip my own car.......

........now, my problem is to organize ALL these parts that is packed in my small room.

chocobot

451 posts [100%]
Los Angeles CA

» Reply  Edit

.. so I'm hangin at Blipsy's,K-town, takin care of bizness on the ol' Galaga cabinet sippin a Blue moon, when I notice couple of updates to AE86Kai build on c4ag..
What terrible news..However, Good news is Haru-san still around to write the updates.
I feel your pain man. I lost one EXACTLY like this. No warning, no brakes. Also had aftermarket speakers which went flying and hit me. Broken glass and blood everywhere. It was a mess.
It takes time to heal. Be patient. I remember when I started driving again, I thought every car that came close from behind was gonna hit me, so my reaction was to cringe and brace myself for a hit. You might also experience this. But rest assure, the pain and emotion will pass. Also DO NOT miss any appointments to massage therapy. Neck and back will heal A LOT faster!
Haru-san, take care man. wish you a quick recovery.

OK had one more drink for another fallen eight.six..sigh, she was a real beauty..

Your skill in Reading has increased by 1 point.
gaijin_rokurunner

1990 posts [100%]
UPPER MARLBORO MD

damn that sucks.....Im here celebrating my Birthday and your over there in a bad accident....this was one of the cleanest coupes i have seen...sorry for your lost
morgan

6446 posts [93%]
just be glad your not here, nj

» Reply  Edit

At least you made it out Haru.

haha cali...i got one of you 86's, and your not getting it back.
my 20v in an 86 swap guide
my mess of an 86...
*east coast toyotas forum*
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.
Elvin

12134 posts [100%]
Elvin Wes Your California Importer

Re: (morgan) » Reply  Edit

As long as your okay haru, we are ok.

Time to re-build another one.

westtoyconnection@yahoo.com
trdtureno86

228 posts [100%]
perris ca

The only thing thats is important Haru is that you are ok!

Deuce Cam

1029 posts [100%]
Chandler AZ

Bummer! I'm glad to hear you're alright. I lost one the same way last April

Parts for sale:

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=99639

grappletech

280 posts [100%]
Co

» Reply  Edit

Shedding ae86 tears. Sorry to see her go!

AE86 A.K.A Trouble!
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=97019
WTB: GTS seats. I need some ASAP!
Eric'sFreeAE86

2589 posts [100%]
Chattanooga TN

Haru that is horrible. Thank God you're ok, still a ride in the wahbalance is no party. How long before all the vultures come in and beg for parts?
marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Re: (Eric'sFreeAE86) » Reply  Edit

haru, I work in the er, glad to see you where ok, that type of damage it looks like someone could have easily died. Good thing you are ok from it all. your car was amazing, I am sure what ever car you get next will be just as nice!

yellowsnow4free

303 posts [100%]

Man, that sucks bad, but as everyone else has said, at least you're okay.

I really liked your build, especially the DIY stuff. It was really inspiring seeing your car and knowing so much of it was DIY.

I'm looking forward to seeing your new daily driver though

Cutting up an AE86? Please me know! I need body panels!

Petition to Reinstate the CA 30 Year Smog Exemption

ej86

5502 posts [100%]
Las Vegas NV

Re: (yellowsnow4free) » Reply  Edit

Sorry about the loss. You put so much time and effort in your past projects. I'm sure another will emerge and you'll make it as clean as the other...

-1985 Toyota Corolla GTS (2door)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/561054
-2004 Nissan Frontier (King cab)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3072528
Note

620 posts [100%]
Oil Painting, Trapped

Re: (ej86) » Reply  Edit

Glad to see you're alright, Haru. Best of luck on whatever car you pick next.

Build Thread: 1985 AE86 GT-S

Note's "For Sale" Thread
* GZE Supercharger Kit
* T50 Transmissions

Note's "Want to Buy" Thread

Email: zenkinote@gmail.com

"God's In His Heaven, All's Right With The World"

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

» Reply  Edit

"THANK YOU" for your kind words that I really appreciate all.

Since I am not fully recovered yet, please do not e-mail or IM for the parts that is not listed here at club4ag.

I will keep some rare parts "just in case" I decide to purhcase another AE86 in the future.
Also, I am going to keep most of the universal parts such as aftermaket gauges, oil relocation kits, etc. as well.

Once again, thank you for your understanding in advance.

kirksekm

775 posts [100%]
YOKOSUKA KANAGAWA

hey haru lmk if u are willing to start again i have a levin im willing to give u a good deal on bro and im in yokosuka ...

[b]"my car is so low... i have to travel to the other side of the world to do an oil change"[/b] :o

[b]"WHAT THE F*^K IS JUICE?... GIMME SOME OF DAT GRAPE DRINK BABY!!" [/b] :thumbup:

[b]"I'D RATHER PUSH MY TOYOTA THAN EVER DRIVE A HONDA"[/b] =)

[u][b]" 60 PERCENT OF THE TIME IT WORKS EVERY TIME-SEX PANTHER- BRIAN FANTANA" [/b];)[/u]

"カウンターステアが遅いんだな?" Keiichi Tsuchiya

ga_goosh

2498 posts [100%]
far enough to require shipping HTX

» Reply  Edit

haru thats sad to see your clean 86 has been wrecked. what do you have in mind as a replacement? Im glat to hear you are ok and that no one got hurt

I <3 my AE86

Kouki 86-87 Service Manual
4AGE Diagnostic Manual
Toyota Wiring Repair Manual
20V Blacktop fsm
.......USE THEM!!!.......

TEXAS 86 Forum
http://www.86garage.com

First  < 21 22 23 24 25 >  Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs