Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 My AE86 Corolla Levin GT-APEX (R.I.P. 11/20/2012)First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last
Author Post
AmmoLord

20 posts [100%]
Minot ND

» Reply  Edit

I thought the same thing. Looks good man.

1981 Toyota Celica GT RA43-L "Amaya"
The Sprinter

988 posts [99%]
Miami FL

» Reply  Edit

Have you done a little DING-DING lately?

Does the car chime after you pass 100 kph? or did you disable it?

So you want to run a F20 or F22 swap? Always remember what HASportAE86 said:
It costs alot.
It's very fast.
Don't do it if you drive at an amatuer level. Honestly. You'll just suck...or crash...or suck and crash.
AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: (ej86) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by ej86 »
reminds me of knight rider...

I am finally getting used to look at my digital cluster.
....but, I am still going to install analog tachometer.

Quote, originally posted by AmmoLord »
I thought the same thing. Looks good man.

Thank you sir.
I wish my car can talk, too!

Quote, originally posted by The Sprinter »
Have you done a little DING-DING lately?

Does the car chime after you pass 100 kph? or did you disable it?

I have this car nearly over 3 month now but, I have never passed 100 km/h YET!!!
My commute does not use highways that max speed limit is like 60 km/h.
(I think I only went up to 80km/h so far..... )

My old EP71 Starlet had that chime & I really hated!!

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

» Reply  Edit

Purchased nice reading material. OEM Parts Catalog.
It does not cover everything but, very handy when I order parts from a dealer.

It contains MSRP of each parts that I found OEM Zenki Levin Lip was only 10,000 yen when this catalog was published in 1988...

Someone please! develop a "time machine" for me....

zenkicoupe

3412 posts [77%]
dirty fontana so. cali.

Re: (ej86) » Reply  Edit

no prob haru.

yes yes, fix that 4x4 status and the shallow wats..lols i think it still looks good.
but you gotta throw some cali style into her.

so the booster seat for kids, are they meant for lap belt systems? im currently trying to figure out how to put a shoulder belt set in my coupe and wagon cause i cant use booster seats. kids are growing faster and running out of room for regular car seats..

http://zenkitrdcoupe.blogspot.com/

email grnrolla86 at yahoo dot com

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: (zenkicoupe) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by zenkicoupe »
no prob haru.

yes yes, fix that 4x4 status and the shallow wats..lols i think it still looks good.

so the booster seat for kids, are they meant for lap belt systems? im currently trying to figure out how to put a shoulder belt set in my coupe and wagon cause i cant use booster seats. kids are growing faster and running out of room for regular car seats..

All my friends are teasing about my car height.
They even gave me a box of tissue since they thought my nose is bleeding due to the high altitude......

Good news is that one of my friend just offered his old "kg/mm springs" for my car that I should have them installed very soon and this is how it should look after.

My friend`s old Levin with kg/mm springs.

I know, it is not slammed or low enough for most of AE86 owner but, I think it looks way better than my current set up.

Regarding a booster seat, are you referring to the red one that you see in my front passenger seat or my Bridgestone baby seat?
If you are referring to my red one, they are designed to be used with 3 point seat belts ONLY.

Look what I found.
This guy installed 3-point seat belt into his AE86 that was done by IMPULSE.

http://body.e-impulse.co.jp/?p=1557

It looks so OEM that I wish I could do this to my car as well.
No details in the above link, it is just 100% custom work using some other car`s belts.

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

no prob haru.

What kind of CALI STYLE do you suggest?
Can you hook me up with "Carl`s Jr. #86" ?
(wait! I have stuck of In-Out Burger stickers!!)

I am not sure if I am able to go any deeper than current set up since my fronts are equipped with FC3S Calipers.
(I wish I could put 14`s that there are 1,000 times more selections.)

.....& interesting part is I am running Integra / Civic Type-R Rotors in my rear with OEM AE86 calipers w/adapter plates.

I wish I could purchase 15x8 rota or axis wheels.......

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: (AE86Kai) » Reply  Edit

Purchased used Lateral Rod from Garage Shapple.
Also, my friend Tom-san gave me special deal on his used Kg/mm lowering springs.
Yes, I am going to apply fresh coat of paint on Lateral Rod.

Hopefully, I can fix my 4x4 status....

Grant

3656 posts [86%]
San Jose ca

» Reply  Edit

Hey Haru, if you wish for your car to go lower, I would take an angle grinder and lop off half a coil or more. I'm not familiar with those springs, but maybe some locals would know what a good amount to cut off is?

Last time I was in Japan, I didn't see any monster american sized speed bumps and all the driveways were super shallow

Do it!

please keep posting these cool things you find in Japan. the 3 point belt conversion is really cool. I had a rear seat belt JAM on me a year ago...and my friend had to pee really bad! I rushed home and cut him out with some shears. What a memory!

Stand Alone ECU tuning. Message me for details.

Looking to buy a corolla manual rack and a TRD 3 gear transmission.
*also wtb 4 point roll cage/bar for ae86 coupe

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: (Grant) » Reply  Edit

Thanks for your comments!
It is just funny that my friend Tom (seller) mentioned exactly same thing what you said! He suggested to cut about 1.5 coils as well.

I totally understand but...I think I am going to install them without cutting them.
Currently, I am running FC3S brake conversion in front and if I lower too much, there is a strong possibility that both front tires might hit my fenders.

I am already running 15mm spacers in fronts to just clear those huge calipers...well may be not huge....but, bigger than stock.

I may sound crazy but, I am actually planning to remove my FC3S brake set up....just because I don't have to use spacers and use 14 inch wheels.

Yes, comparing with U.S. roads, Japanese roads are simply nice, no pot holes, crazy speed bumps....etc.

I miss my old stance that I should be perfectly fine for Japanese roads.....but, not until I replace my brakes....

Your episode about rear seat belt is just WOW!!
He did make it to the toilet......right?

Grant

3656 posts [86%]
San Jose ca

» Reply  Edit

sadly..no. he peed in a bottle. i dont think he missed but i threw away the rear seat anyways

haha, that is why corolla guys run a lot of front camber. I don't know if you want to go through all that hassle to have it look cool, but if you add a lot of camber when you lower it, you shouldn't have any serious rubbing. Flaring the fenders like I did on my car will help too

zenkicoupe

3412 posts [77%]
dirty fontana so. cali.

Look what I found.

im thinking of doing something like this^^^^not only for my coupe, but my wagon as well.
gotta hit the yards more often now.

those kg/mm springs are great. now if you had the shocks too, it would be 100 times better. my friend has them on his coupe and loves them. shame he plans to sell his coupe and doesnt want to take parts off.

http://zenkitrdcoupe.blogspot.com/

email grnrolla86 at yahoo dot com

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

Quote, originally posted by Grant »
sadly..no. he peed in a bottle. i dont think he missed but i threw away the rear seat anyways

haha, that is why corolla guys run a lot of front camber. I don't know if you want to go through all that hassle to have it look cool, but if you add a lot of camber when you lower it, you shouldn't have any serious rubbing. Flaring the fenders like I did on my car will help too

Oh, no....pee in a bottle...

I used own FC3S with camber plates on front and my brand new tires were gone within a month that I learned it expensive way.

You are right, flaring fenders might be an option!

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

Look what I found.

im thinking of doing something like this^^^^not only for my coupe, but my wagon as well.
gotta hit the yards more often now.

those kg/mm springs are great. now if you had the shocks too, it would be 100 times better. my friend has them on his coupe and loves them. shame he plans to sell his coupe and doesnt want to take parts off.

That seat belt conversion is amazing right?
Japanese regulations are some what "easier" than Cali but, in certain areas such as safety equipment, it is very strict.

This 3 point conversion looks perfect but, just because it is no OEM, it will not consider as seat belt......

My current shocks are KYB Rally that I think I am going to stick with it.
....but, yes, I understand that now is the chance to replace it with newer aftermarket shocks as well....

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

» Reply  Edit

Gray paint is now applied .... looks good as new....

Grant

3656 posts [86%]
San Jose ca

» Reply  Edit

lookin good!

yes camber wear is an issue...but it can be reduced a lot if the toe is set very carefully. I decided to run cheap/hard tires for the street since I sometimes drive 20K miles a year and don't want to destroy tires too often.

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

lookin good!

yes camber wear is an issue...but it can be reduced a lot if the toe is set very carefully. I decided to run cheap/hard tires for the street since I sometimes drive 20K miles a year and don't want to destroy tires too often.

Thank you sir.
I just noticed your signature that you DO fender flaring!
Next time when you are in J-land, please make sure to bring your tools!

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

» Reply  Edit

My Left front brake

My Left Rear brake

jdm86gtz

711 posts [100%]
Waterford Ireland

UK delivered cars had a 3 point rear seat belt that mounts on the rear C pillar.
Nice car BTW
AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: (jdm86gtz) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by jdm86gtz »
UK delivered cars had a 3 point rear seat belt that mounts on the rear C pillar.
Nice car BTW

Could you please post some pictures?

jdm86gtz

711 posts [100%]
Waterford Ireland

» Reply  Edit

I don't have one as I have a Japan import but when I come across some I'll post them here.

Modified by AE86Kai at 6:07 PM 2/10/2011
AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: (jdm86gtz) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by jdm86gtz »
I don't have one as I have a Japan import but when I come across some I'll post them here.

Cool...I really need to see this since I do need 3 point belts...

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

» Reply  Edit

Who said it does not snow in Tokyo....!?

Grant

3656 posts [86%]
San Jose ca

» Reply  Edit

wow what a transition from socal! I bet those summer tires don't work too well right now...

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

wow what a transition from socal! I bet those summer tires don't work too well right now...

These photos were taken in my parking lot that I did move my car to the spot approx. 100 feet.....and yes, it was kind a scary.
It is still snowing as of now, and I don't think I can drive it anymore without either snow-chain or snow-tires.....

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

» Reply  Edit

Adding little USDM touch!
I am probably one of a few AE86 owner who has these decals installed in J-land.

Thanks to pholife for great decals!

I feel like I got my old GT-S back again....

...now, when it gets little bit warmer, I am going to install my Silver Zenki Door Decals.

morgan

6446 posts [93%]
just be glad your not here, nj

nice!

haha cali...i got one of you 86's, and your not getting it back.
my 20v in an 86 swap guide
my mess of an 86...
*east coast toyotas forum*
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.
The Sprinter

988 posts [99%]
Miami FL

» Reply  Edit

Nice touch with the decals haru great stiff keep it up!!

So you want to run a F20 or F22 swap? Always remember what HASportAE86 said:
It costs alot.
It's very fast.
Don't do it if you drive at an amatuer level. Honestly. You'll just suck...or crash...or suck and crash.
AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

» Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by morgan »
nice!

Thanks!
Now, I need to find some time to install the sides.

Quote, originally posted by The Sprinter »
Nice touch with the decals haru great stiff keep it up!!

Today, panda AE86 was behind me and I saw "SHE" was pointing at my car....
I wonder if she noticed the difference...

PS: I still have not go over 110 km/h yet.....sorry.

onelungderryl

2642 posts [87%]
American Canyon CA

» Reply  Edit

Euro rear seat belts.

blog -> http://onelungderryl.blogspot.com/
 First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs