Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 Would i fit in a sw20 mr2 t-top?
Author Post
weasel KP61

3545 posts [100%]

Would i fit in a sw20 mr2 t-top? Reply  Edit

I am 6'4" and am wondering if there is anyone my height that fits in a second gen mr2 t-top. I doubt it but have to check in here.

sheeshee

11 posts [100%]
Fullerton CA

Re: Would i fit in a sw20 mr2 t-top? (weasel KP61) » Reply  Edit

if it helps any, i'm about 6'1 and i fit easily into my first gen and that ones wayyy smaller than SW. my friend has one and he's about 6'3 and he easily fits. you should be fine, but if you're worried (obviously) go and test drive it. hope this helps!
Toyboy805

1762 posts [99%]
Oxnard ca

Re: Would i fit in a sw20 mr2 t-top? (weasel KP61) » Reply  Edit

3 inches is a lot when it comes to japanese cars it might be a bit snug but most of these japanese cars are made for people no taller then 6 ft 1

1993.5 supra turbo 6 speed
1991 nissan nx 2000 sr20det
1990 toyota ae92 corolla levin 4age high comp
1989 nissan rhd sil80ty sr20det
1986 ae86 gts high comp 4age
1984 ae86 coupe sr5 4ac soon 4agze
Lildipper

92 posts [100%]
Independence MO

Re: Would i fit in a sw20 mr2 t-top? (Toyboy805) » Reply  Edit

im 6'4'' and i fit in my first gen mr2 with a few inches to spare, and ive driven a sw20 and fit no problem too

1987 Toyota MR2 - project Lil Dipper
big port 4age - 20v individual throttle bodies w/ custom manifold, wiseco 10.5:1 comp. .020 bore pistons, crower billet rods, new balanced crank, cometic head gasket, head decked .020, 315cc injectors, EDIS ignition, arp head studs, main studs, and flywheel bolts, crower stage 2 cams, formula atlantic valves, hks valve springs, fidanza adjustable cam gears, shimmed oil pump, tvis delete and port, spec stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel, nst pulley kit, polyurathane motor mounts, d2 racing coilovers, megasquirt II

project status: getting tuned

MazterDizazter

259 posts [100%]
Marshfield MA

» Reply  Edit

You'll have ample legroom (I'm 6'2" all in the legs) but headroom is at a premium. You may not realize it at first but you gotta hunch over a little bit while driving IIRC (haven't owned my MK2T in a few years). I was okay with it for a few years but now with a back injury it can get irritating, fast. This can be fixed with lower mounted seats, of course. The MK1 is the same way. The biggest problem comes when racing because the helmet makes it so you have to scrunch down quite a bit. I also keep my seat very close to upright; I don't like doin' the whole gangsta lean thing...

1987 Toyota MR2 hardtop
20v blacktop 4A-GE
Ground control, Koni, Cusco, ST
XXR, Toyo, Wilwood, EBC, Odyssey
Recaro, MOMO, Fidanza, SPEC

Randomist

259 posts [98%]
MT MEE QLD

Re: (MazterDizazter) » Reply  Edit

yeah thats the good thing about the mr2 was they were made to be roomy and comfortable for the driver so there is a heap of legroom and a fair bit of headroom, im 6'7" and i can fit in fine, but i do knock my head sometimes when i hit large bumps in the road and wearing a helmet sucks XD

but your looking at a t bar roof so headroom wont be any issue just take the glass out and get some wind through your hair

AW 11 - the original and the best

» Return to Cars - MR2 (AW, SW, ZZW)