Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 ***20v BT to GTS wiring cheat sheet***
Author Post
HASportAE86
IE Gutter Trash

4096 posts [84%]
Loma Linda CA

***20v BT to GTS wiring cheat sheet*** Reply  Edit

Diagrams of a little cheat sheet I made for wiring the BT 20V into a GTS. If you know a little about wiring this can be applied to a SR5 as well and almost every other engine swap too....the 20v harness for the most part is left untouched besides these few wires. Please dont send me messages asking me to troubleshoot your wiring issues.

Email/Paypal "heyvanilladan@hotmail.com"

SwangBiz Chassis Products
http://forums.club4ag.com/zero...age=1
MFactory Longer T50 5th Gear Group Buy
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=113077
Loud Pipes Save Lives -Swangbiz

Honda Master Technician/ASE Master Technician

Grant

3656 posts [86%]
San Jose ca

» Reply  Edit

Just a second reference, at the bottom of this page is a diagram I drew up when installing my ecu.

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index....iring

Stand Alone ECU tuning. Message me for details.

Looking to buy a corolla manual rack and a TRD 3 gear transmission.
*also wtb 4 point roll cage/bar for ae86 coupe

hf91

39 posts [100%]
BSB

Re: ***20v BT to GTS wiring cheat sheet*** (HASportAE86) » Reply  Edit

Exactly what im looking for
hf91

39 posts [100%]
BSB

On the cream plug, did u cut or leave as it is the wire (on mine is Light GRN/RED DOTS) that goes to the 16v DIAGNOSIS plug/connector??
GTS-COUPE

162 posts [100%]
Lancaster PA

» Reply  Edit

Awesome write up, in plain easy to understand english. You are truly an AE86 god! LOL I thank you!

However, I do have a question, does anyone know how the ECU would act if I didn't run a Knock Sensor?

elmerkit

351 posts [100%]
carson la

» Reply  Edit

Great and well detailed instruction i'm really having hard time to get this done.

"On sale Itp tires and ATV tires"

Grant

3656 posts [86%]
San Jose ca

» Reply  Edit

i think it put mine into limp mode. without a knock sensor the ecu can't keep advancing the ignition timing like it normally does.

Stand Alone ECU tuning. Message me for details.

Looking to buy a corolla manual rack and a TRD 3 gear transmission.
*also wtb 4 point roll cage/bar for ae86 coupe

Trolly

139 posts [100%]
Hot Springs AR

i have a semi-related question, what do the 4 red wires that go into a ring terminal on the ST harness attach to? anyone know where that connects?

EDIT: nevermind, the 4 brown wires are ECU ground

Modified by Trolly at 1:51 PM 3/3/2011

trolly_m at yahoo.com

wat

zwiese

123 posts [100%]
Port Orange FL

What would the major differences be on a ST?
HASportAE86
IE Gutter Trash

4096 posts [84%]
Loma Linda CA

Re: ***20v BT to GTS wiring cheat sheet*** (zwiese) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by zwiese »
What would the major differences be on a ST?

ecu pinout and that you have the AFM instead of a MAP and IAT

8086er

14 posts [100%]
Cal Ca

Can some 1 help with actual picture of the wire connection. I can't figure it out what plug is what and where to cut wire as my color are a little diff from post

I have stock 20v blacktop ecu

Thank guy

martiniracing

661 posts [100%]

the part i don't understand is, you say:

'with the prep section completed (on cream plug, which was part of the original 16v harness), remove the GRN/RED wire of the prep harness. this is the old COR wire and is not needed'

but then on the bottom diagram of the 20v 22p ecu plug you indicated to 'connect the GRN/RED of COR to this pin'

so where do i get the GRN/RED wire to connect to the 20v 22p plug if the i remove the GRN/RED wire from the cream plug?

swr2o9

310 posts [100%]

Hi ur write up is great but one question for the fc pin does that connect straight to the fuel pump relay ( splice the r-g wires ) or is there a different way to connect it.
HASportAE86
IE Gutter Trash

4096 posts [84%]
Loma Linda CA

Re: ***20v BT to GTS wiring cheat sheet*** (swr2o9) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by swr2o9 »
Hi ur write up is great but one question for the fc pin does that connect straight to the fuel pump relay ( splice the r-g wires ) or is there a different way to connect it.

Imma add a cool MS paint job for you two when I get home from work. You wire the GRN/RED wire of the COR to the FC pin of the ECU. The FC pin of the ecu provides the ground for the coil of the relay.

swr2o9

310 posts [100%]

so i hooked up the fc pin to the circut open relay and the car starts but dies after a minute or two. the relay i have in there is from a working car and the fuses are all good i even changed the efi relay just in case. The pump is new as well. is there something im missing. thanks in advance.

-jason

swr2o9

310 posts [100%]

Re: ***20v BT to GTS wiring cheat sheet*** (swr2o9) » Reply  Edit

i know u dont want to work on issues on wiring but i grnd out the grn/red wire and my car works fine now its not hooked up to the ecu at all. i know there is no shut off if i crash/ accident i would like to make it right but maybe im missing something
-jason
runkillerrabbit

490 posts [98%]
yorba linda ca

» Reply  Edit

where is this COR wire located?

im totallllllly nub

rc.square24

326 posts [100%]
Vancouver BC

Re: (runkillerrabbit) » Reply  Edit

From the COR, the green/red wire goes to C* socket pin #5 of JB#4 as a male pin. The C* female plug then goes to the ECU, so you can wire FC from 20V ecu plug to the female C* pin #5.

Hope this is clear

runkillerrabbit

490 posts [98%]
yorba linda ca

» Reply  Edit

ok one more question where does the power junction on the 20v harnees mean? the positive line that goes to the injectors? and what is the black and red wire that comes from the passanger side fuse box i think this is ground?

im totallllllly nub

rc.square24

326 posts [100%]
Vancouver BC

Re: (runkillerrabbit) » Reply  Edit

The BLK/RED (Blk Base /Red Stripe) wire is switched 12v power from the EFI main relay in the engine bay fuse box with a black round connector on the bottom of the fuse box that the 16v harness connect to (the same loom that passes over the cam gears to the ignitor).

When you remove the 16v engine harness and save the C* cream plug with washer/wiper and a few wires mentioned above you need to reconnect that blk/red wire so your 20v ecu gets power (unless you decide to unwrap the whole 16v engine harness to separate that wire). What I do is cut that round connector off from the 16v harness and run a new wire from it that connects back to the wiper/washer "prep" harness that you saved (connecting it back to the cut blk/red wire you saved on the C* cream plug on JB#4). Then from the rear of JB#4 the blk/red wire goes to the 16v yellow 14p ECU plug (pin +B1) that is not part of the 16v engine harness.

You cut that blk/red wire from the yellow 14p plug and connect the end coming from JB4 (obviously) to your 20v ECU 22p +B pin so it switches the ECU on when ignition on.

Power for injectors come from a different switch power wire, its pin #2 on the big plug on the centre of firewall BLK/ORG wire in engine bay.

This really helps when wiring: http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=96514
This is a GZE swap but it covers getting switched power etc for the ECU (around half way through the guide): http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=90711

rc.square24

326 posts [100%]
Vancouver BC

Re: (rc.square24) » Reply  Edit

It helps to have the GTS electrical manual as well.

http://files.aeu86.org/manuals...t.pdf

Zerorob

31 posts [100%]

I have a question about the o2 sensor, there is wiring on the bt ecu for 3 of the wires... where does the third wire for the o2 sensor go ? i think its labled ht or something ? does it goto 12v ignition on ? from what i gather it does, but i dont know 100%
rc.square24

326 posts [100%]
Vancouver BC

Re: ***20v BT to GTS wiring cheat sheet*** (Zerorob) » Reply  Edit

4 wires from O2:

HT to ECU HT
OX to ECU OX with shield to ECU E1
B+ from switched 12v Power
E1 (Ground) to Ground ring on back of head

Zerorob

31 posts [100%]

Re: ***20v BT to GTS wiring cheat sheet*** (rc.square24) » Reply  Edit

Perfect, thanks a million, After re-doing all the wiring i started to lose track of things. this should fix my problem.

» Return to Engine - 4A-GE 20V