Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 Tec-Art's Black Limited AE86 [Archived]First  1 2 >  Last
Author Post
johnh

442 posts [100%]
Moreno Valley CA

Tec-Art's Black Limited AE86 Reply  Edit

This has to be one of the best looking 86s (my favorite). If you can please name off any parts you recognize "Only If Your Positive". Front bumper, side skirts, hood, turbo etc. http://www.hachiroku.com.au/blog/?p=5011 There is the first picture, then there is three pages after. Thanks!

driftzilla

1384 posts [100%]
Long Beach CA

» Reply  Edit

Needs to be about 10 ft. lower, but cool nonetheless. Tecarts aero with what looks to be CBY flares. Don't think tecarts makes flares or widebody of any sort, but I could be wrong.

Why wrap it in plaid when you can spray it with 3M Sprayment and then just throw glitter on it? <VBG>

Evonbors@gmail.com

ryceboy_124

7155 posts [100%]
San Diego/Chula Vista CA

» Reply  Edit

Front Bumper, Sideskirts, Rear bumper, and hood = Tec Arts Aero

Wheels are Work Equip 03's and flares are CBY.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Phone: 619.621.8685
/THE86LIFE\
R3sistance

340 posts [100%]
Burbank CA

» Reply  Edit

here is a link to what seems like their blog. If you scroll down, it has more pictures (bigger too) of their black limited beast.

http://www.tecarts.com/bbs/sbm_bbs.cgi

The Work Meister CR-01s look amazing on it.

gtSr5

1546 posts [88%]
Spartanburg SC

Re: (R3sistance) » Reply  Edit

sup with the rear setup.. coilovers with relocated springs as well as factory location trd springs? philosphy behind this anyone?

quote garage 86"upgrade yourself 1st .... DONT upgrade your car sooo much ,that YOU YOURSELF cant even catch up to your own upgrades ..."
mikeyee

1697 posts [96%]
Fremont ca

» Reply  Edit

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=89296
scroll downn

http://about.me/myee

Mike Yee's Corolla resource page: https://sites.google.com/site/ncalae86/resources-1

johnh

442 posts [100%]
Moreno Valley CA

Re: (R3sistance) » Reply  Edit

Yo "R3sistance" thanks for the link, that helps a lot!
Does any one know what turbo they used on this beast? Thanks Again
driftzilla

1384 posts [100%]
Long Beach CA

» Reply  Edit

SO much better with meisters...

Why wrap it in plaid when you can spray it with 3M Sprayment and then just throw glitter on it? <VBG>

Evonbors@gmail.com

johnh

442 posts [100%]
Moreno Valley CA

Re: (mikeyee) » Reply  Edit

"mikeyee" my man thanks, thats just what I was looking for man! Def going to save that one, cool find...
johnh

442 posts [100%]
Moreno Valley CA

Re: (driftzilla) » Reply  Edit

"driftzilla" much agreed sir! Meisters are the shiz
SW20Boost

1021 posts [98%]

» Reply  Edit

Love everything but the interior.
johnh

442 posts [100%]
Moreno Valley CA

Re: (SW20Boost) » Reply  Edit

Dude! The interior is sick, its just like the original "Black Limited" interior, but more modern(staying with the orange theme). I like it.
okinawalevin

4935 posts [86%]
Kitanakagusuku Okinawa

Re: (johnh) » Reply  Edit

The interior looks horrible.

johnh

442 posts [100%]
Moreno Valley CA

Re: (okinawalevin) » Reply  Edit

How does that look horrible?
What ever haters! I like it.
AE86Eldrin

405 posts [99%]
THE VALLEY ca

id like it if it was all black. the orange killed it. IMO.

1985 sr5 zenki coupe- SOLD
1985 gtsr5 zenki coupe-daily driver.

dorimaster

942 posts [100%]
Charlotte NC

Re: (AE86Eldrin) » Reply  Edit

It only LOOKS high, because it still has suspension travel/droop(real race car) IDK why so many people dont understand the basics? Also they added SOME orange/gold because it is a black limited, thats what IT IS! if you dont like it then stay away.

Pete

driftzilla

1384 posts [100%]
Long Beach CA

» Reply  Edit

oh, well fck me, I forgot, real race cars can be used to rock crawl as well on the weekends.

<3

Evonbors@gmail.com

stephan

852 posts [93%]
trabuco canyon ca

» Reply  Edit

a dtm car(and also most touring cars) have completely different chasis/suspension design from an actual street driven car.. a dtm race car and a street car are complete day and night differance.. if you look at a more joe shmo race car(turn key) they are "4x4" and due use generally stock suspesion design.. i do think this tehc arts car should be lower do to the fact its just a demo car or since its at a more proper functional ride hieght they might aswell throw on some big sticky tires to fill in those massive fender flares

okinawalevin

4935 posts [86%]
Kitanakagusuku Okinawa

Re: (dorimaster) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by dorimaster »
It only LOOKS high, because it still has suspension travel/droop(real race car) IDK why so many people dont understand the basics? Also they added SOME orange/gold because it is a black limited, thats what IT IS! if you dont like it then stay away.

Pete

The Black Limited Trueno was a gimmick created to boost sales for the 3dr Trueno, which was the least selling of the four trims. So Toyota throws some orange accented crap interior in it, and a shiny gold Trueno emblem in the grill and dummies like you worshipped the gaudiness, I think that is hilarious

johnh

442 posts [100%]
Moreno Valley CA

Actually "okinawalevin" The Black Limited AE86 was a very different car! Just as different as an SR5 is to a GTS The Black Limited had the same engine components as any other 86 had but just about every thing else was changed! The Black Limited 86 came with Black Limited specially stitched seats, an orange gauge cluster, special trueno or Black Limited floor mats, sunroof, power windows, ac, gold trueno emblem, oem side skirts, most had an oem spoiler, special steering wheel/ ac face plate, shift knob, a gold line on the sides, gold lettered toyota decals/ gold lettered "Black Limited" side decal, snowflake rims in gold etc. So no it didn't just have... and I quote "And a shiny gold trueno emblem on the grill." It was a top of the line AE86 with all the extras such as power windows and what not but it was also a new idea for an 86 in terms of interior and paint!
mikeyee

1697 posts [96%]
Fremont ca

» Reply  Edit

okinawalevin pretty much nailed it.

http://about.me/myee

Mike Yee's Corolla resource page: https://sites.google.com/site/ncalae86/resources-1

driftzilla

1384 posts [100%]
Long Beach CA

» Reply  Edit

Hey Stephan, miss you guys man!

BESIDES THE POINT

I'm pretty sure this is a race car, just sayin...

doesn't apply because it's a different chassis? :/ oh wait!!

I'm entirely just trying to be a dickhead Stephan, I was merely attempting to make a point with the DTM reference. now go lower your car.

Evonbors@gmail.com

stephan

852 posts [93%]
trabuco canyon ca

Re: (driftzilla) » Reply  Edit

miss you too! <3 <3(no homo) haha
okinawalevin

4935 posts [86%]
Kitanakagusuku Okinawa

Quote, originally posted by johnh »
Actually "okinawalevin" The Black Limited AE86 was a very different car! Just as different as an SR5 is to a GTS The Black Limited had the same engine components as any other 86 had but just about every thing else was changed! The Black Limited 86 came with Black Limited specially stitched seats, an orange gauge cluster, special trueno or Black Limited floor mats, sunroof, power windows, ac, gold trueno emblem, oem side skirts, most had an oem spoiler, special steering wheel/ ac face plate, shift knob, a gold line on the sides, gold lettered toyota decals/ gold lettered "Black Limited" side decal, snowflake rims in gold etc. So no it didn't just have... and I quote "And a shiny gold trueno emblem on the grill." It was a top of the line AE86 with all the extras such as power windows and what not but it was also a new idea for an 86 in terms of interior and paint!

Ya don't say?? No Sh!t, I've sold most of the "Black Limited" parts you've listed here on Club4AG. I used to have a drawer full of Black Limited emblems I bought from Toyota, before they said they were discontinued. And all the parts you listed are all cosmetic crap. Any performance upgrades?? NO. And YES, the Black Limited is a plain Trueno 3dr with some cosmetic upgrades. It'll take more that some tacky orange stitching and emblems to make me praise this crap wagon, hahahaha.

johnh

442 posts [100%]
Moreno Valley CA

Ok ok okinawalevin, you win, I give up! Everybody who ownes or wants a black limited ae86 is EVIL! They should be shot! They are bad bad people.
Hachi-A-GoGO

2534 posts [89%]
SWANG BIZ

Quote, originally posted by okinawalevin »

Ya don't say?? No Sh!t, I've sold most of the "Black Limited" parts you've listed here on Club4AG. I used to have a drawer full of Black Limited emblems I bought from Toyota, before they said they were discontinued. And all the parts you listed are all cosmetic crap. Any performance upgrades?? NO. And YES, the Black Limited is a plain Trueno 3dr with some cosmetic upgrades. It'll take more that some tacky orange stitching and emblems to make me praise this crap wagon, hahahaha.

+1

No girls.. No drama.. No bull shit.. I just wanna danccce! - Stephan

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

My MR-S is like a hot stripper. I keep throwing money at her hoping one day she will give me the ride of my life.

okinawalevin

4935 posts [86%]
Kitanakagusuku Okinawa

Quote, originally posted by johnh »
Ok ok okinawalevin, you win, I give up! Everybody who ownes or wants a black limited ae86 is EVIL! They should be shot! They are bad bad people.

I wouldn't say they are evil. Different strokes for different folks. I just commented that the interior of the TecArts Black Limited was gaudy, then you and THE ' DRIFTMASTER" go tryin to school me. Homie don't play that. Black Limited 86's are nice, but to me, they are no nicer than any other 86 that has been taken care of.

driftzilla

1384 posts [100%]
Long Beach CA

... I just said it wasn't low enough? Haha, sorry if I offended you Chris

Evonbors@gmail.com

GARAGE_86
the artist formerly known as

6879 posts [100%]
Master P.

Re: (stephan) » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by stephan »

a dtm car(and also most touring cars) have completely different chasis/suspension design from an actual street driven car.. a dtm race car and a street car are complete day and night differance.. if you look at a more joe shmo race car(turn key) they are "4x4" and due use generally stock suspesion design.. i do think this tehc arts car should be lower do to the fact its just a demo car or since its at a more proper functional ride hieght they might aswell throw on some big sticky tires to fill in those massive fender flares

yup stephan

kids with these "low" things nowadays lol...after awhile you'll get over it ..i ran slammed for 6 yrs what a waste..not so ideal when you really drift your car ..its really pointless hitting things all the time and breaking them ,especially touge,streets and tracks here in socal ..even when the D1 drivers came here for D1 back in 04 they told some friends i know to raise their car cuz its pointless unless you do so much to alter the geo ,and most D1 cars or whatever sit high yet look low cause of extended kits

put on a manual rack with spacers,a real drift alignment ,and big wheels with proper tires and run about a couple of events ...you'll know ..most ahem "slammed" 86's i see around here dont even drift anyway

Tec arts would know what theyre doing so i wouldnt care if i see some space

AE86Nights
Tigere Llantas

"From all the years , I learned not everyone in a AE86 corolla is automatically your friend ...A car doesn't make someone automatically a TRUSTED person "

-------OEM Manual Rack sets or Hybrid sets ---- hmu thru pm < RACK CITY

-------OEM non-cruise throttle cables for sale ----
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=64669

-----------------15x10 wheels for sale------------------------
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=112591

stephan

852 posts [93%]
trabuco canyon ca

Re: (GARAGE_86) » Reply  Edit

quote=GARAGE_86]

yup stephan

kids with these "low" things nowadays lol...after awhile you'll get over it put on a manual rack with spacers,a real drift alignment ,and big wheels with proper tires and run about a couple of events ...you'll know ..most ahem "slammed" 86's i see around here dont even drift anyway [/quote]

agree!

im wayyy over the slamed thing and have been for a while now.. its basic fact.. if your car is slamed you dont go fast .. latley iv totally have tuned out of drifting and have turn to grip.. drifting is fun and i will always do it but its anoying when 90% of the people that drift are complete idiots

one thing i found out is that theres alot more to cars than just driving them sideways haha

First  1 2 >  Last

» Return to Club4AG - FUN TALK