The car is a 1985 AE86 Trueno liftback with a 20-valve Blacktop swap done by the previous owner. I love the car, but it needs a lot of work, so here goes...
- It's a Middle East spec car (kak US look) that's been converted to JDM look, with JDM bumpers and taillamps
- Blacktop 20-valve
- Stock transmission
- 2-way TRD LSD
- Stock brakes
- Tein camber plates
- TRD coilovers front
- TRD rear
- Individual throttle bodies
- Headers and HKS exhaust
- Fuel pressure regulator
- Cusco front strut brace
- Oil catch can
- Err, power steering, TRD gear lever, Nardi steering wheel, Recaro seats, RS Watanabe 7in front and 7.5in rear tekkies, Bridgestone semi-slicks... Yeah, that's about it.
The car also needs:
- New tyres: I'm getting Falkens also on Saturday; does anyone have any opinions on Falken 195-55 15? I'm going for Falken because they're the cheapest basically
- Brake fluid
- Aluminium radiator with dual fans
- Starter heat wrap and heat shield
- In fact heat shield and heat wrap for everything because summer is coming over here
- Silicone hoses and plumbing
- TRD engine mounts and Cusco tranny mount
- Handbrake cable is screwed
- Suspension and wheel adjustment and allignment
- Rear hatch brace/strut brace/half cage: whatever I can afford or find
- Exhaust routing; it's just sloppy running under the axle and too low to the ground, huge frikkin' HKS thing
- Finally utilise the oil catch can
- Headers nice and cozy all wrapped up
- Sweet stance; I hate spacers but might have to go for 0.5 inch if I can't find sweet rims with a nice offset, but it would be too difficult in this country. Do you think 0.5 inch spacers are ok?
- Seatbelts don't work
- Align the Nardi
- Short shift kit; do these actually work?
- Swap the power steering with a manual steering rack, got the parts already
- Rust proof everything, powder coat everything and make it all look sweet and nice
- Strip the interior because it's all mostly junk, reuse what's salvaegable, otherwise run it track style. But I daily this thing so it will be difficult
- Then get into performance tuning for the last bit, but will need to do a lot of saving up before I start ordering cams and a gasket and valve springs, if I even ever get there
- A million other things, I left my list at home...
Here's the pics of the car before. If all goes well, I hope my Hachi will be done by September and looking and more importantly driving super sweet.
First a little service was done. Then I drove it for a month until the starter motor kept giving me kak.
And then I took it in for a full respray to a buddy who gave me a sweet deal.
Very little rust on this 26-year old car.
I had the aerial, window washers (front and rear) and the rear wiper deleted.
It was hard work getting the sound deadening out. I couldn't find dry ice in the whole of Dubai, so the guys concocted some kind of chemical solution. Worked a treat...
And today my baby had its rear fenders primed. But there's still a looooooong way to go.
So yeah, that's it. My updates will be slow because I'm a broke-ass writer, but anyway, knock yourselves out with criticism. A suggestion here and there would be sweet too! <img name="icon" src="http://xs-s.com/zf/images/smile/emsmile.gif" border="0"> <br /><br />
Modified by Fahrer at 6:38 AM 4/30/2011<br /><br />
Modified by Fahrer at 8:34 AM 5/5/2011<br /><br />
Modified by Fahrer at 11:14 AM 5/12/2011<br /><br />
Modified by Fahrer at 7:57 AM 5/30/2011<br /><br />
Modified by Fahrer at 1:24 AM 12/8/2012
Modified by Fahrer at 6:02 AM 12/10/2012