Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 VQ'ed AE86....nuff saidFirst  < 1 2 3 >  Last
Author Post
zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

» Reply  Edit

picked up some sideskirts and rear bumper

Loving the power but needs a lower final gear maybe a 4.10. This is a great swap and cant be any happier with the way it feels.
zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

» Reply  Edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ect=1
revcyanide

48 posts [100%]
colorado springs CO

Re: (zudog1) » Reply  Edit

this is one of the radest 86's i've ever seen, I am currently working on the same swap into my s14. keep it up dude, this thing is awesome. i cant imagine how insane this engine must be in a car that light
zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

Re: (revcyanide) » Reply  Edit

Thanks, it is fast if it has traction, it pulls like a crotchrocket, having a issuse with it cutting spark on me atm but thatll be resolved soon and back on the road.

10/27/11 Messed with it retorqued the lower intake replaced the MAF and adjusted the Alternator, seems to be doing better ill take her out for a test and see if its good to go again now.

<br /><br />
Modified by zudog1 at 3:43 AM 10/29/2011

Modified by zudog1 at 3:44 AM 10/29/2011

ybotspawn

2 posts [100%]
Frederick MD

» Reply  Edit

Wow... this build really came together! Sexy, nice work!
zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

Re: (ybotspawn) » Reply  Edit

New alternator came in and grabbing a optima battery tomorrow, cant wait to drive it again.
HerNameIsSway

322 posts [100%]
Marshall Va

» Reply  Edit

Awesome Devo! Subscribed.

'85 GT-S silver/black hatch with 4agze "Sway" (full resto)
'85 GT-S red coupe (completely tandem-ready track slut)
'86 SR5 primered coupe widebody (feeler for sale, see link below)
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=100516

zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

Re: (HerNameIsSway) » Reply  Edit

Thanks man will have massive updates here soon, cars been doing great and only feeling better since I first got it running. She's def a sleeper to most people, fast and drifts amazing now.
hecdws

643 posts [99%]
bloomfield nj

damn hope i can see this in person next summer.

if your on the right coast click these links
http://www.ectoyotas.com
http://www.clubloose.com
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=81180
zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

Re: (hecdws) » Reply  Edit

I dont see why not, I wanna hit at least one Clubloose event.

HerNameIsSway

322 posts [100%]
Marshall Va

Let me know which event you're going to so I can come up with you with my truck and trailer.

'85 GT-S silver/black hatch with 4agze "Sway" (full resto)
'85 GT-S red coupe (completely tandem-ready track slut)
'86 SR5 primered coupe widebody (feeler for sale, see link below)
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=100516

zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

Re: (HerNameIsSway) » Reply  Edit

you sying your going to tow me the rest of the way?
SolarSlash06

161 posts [100%]

What aero/flares are you running? Looks kinda like Chaser products. How's the fit?
zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

» Reply  Edit

Its a shine auto front uras reproduction, chaser sides and rear i think vertex rep. fits really good and quality finish ready for sanding and paint.
zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

http://vimeo.com/34827089

Roomie made a video for me, I never showed anyone it runs lol

dac_0305

454 posts [100%]
Kent WA

Sick video!!!
zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

» Reply  Edit

Thanks man, need a video of your car running this modded 4ag soon.
zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

» Reply  Edit

Took it out for the first time really at VIRs patriot course, it was fun and will burn fourth at speed. It was a really new experience the car has so much torque and getting use the the extra wheel spin is crazy, it made me spin out alot but after lowering the ring gear down too a 4.1 will help that get under control. Also making new lower control arms and getting a high rartio Quafie steering rack setup.

Clutch line was drug a couple times worn through, then exploded on a run sent me off course and into the dirt broke the front bumper into a billion pieces. Bumper flew into the brake line simotanously and broke that couldnt stop her other than the hydro and ebrake lol, broke a O2 sensor, meh, no biggie going to relocate them up and away from the ground more.

Did tandem with a friend earlier, I spun he went around me, he spun later while I was trying to cathc up too him and close the gap he spun and i was going toooo fast. Bam into the door and quater easy fix though, thank god theres a clean coupe at the local pick n pull.

Modified by zudog1 at 1:08 AM 3/3/2012

zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

WEll heres a pic of some of the damage from the tandem "tap" I had lol.

might find its way into a new FRS?

new group A mucsle bear (goodline) kit installed now...no tape lol

built a new front and rear bashbar for the car, strong and holds the bumper beautifully.

Making new LCAs for the S13.4 conversion (BADDLINE S186 conversion LCAs)Email me if interested in your own set zudog1@gmail.com

Also selling aluminum Manual rack adapter bushings for 55.00 shipped
Heart breaker ebrake knobs for AE86 35.00 shipped
First one installed on CJ of the "Heartbreakers" VAs 86 hatch.

zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

Last week was a busy one, took the car to the dyno right before hyperfest too make sure she was running healthy and found an injector problem.

Fixed that and didnt have time to redyno, made it to Hyperfest and had a great time. Went too the Drift Nirvana event the next day at summit point and had a blast at the Jefferson circut, only vids I have are from my amazing girlfriend.

These were the first couple runs of the day getting use to the track and layout took a while but landed a second place spot in the competition

zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

» Reply  Edit

installed new Ver2 S186 Baddline LCAs S14 modded knuckles Baddline aluminum manual rack bucshing adapter and new wheelhubs. Much more lock now and super fast response.

zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

» Reply  Edit

http://vimeo.com/51333786

Quick video with me putting in some runs at Driftvalley3

TD86

52 posts [100%]
Carson CA

Footage is nicee!! Aha, epic VQ swap is epic!

The day when I get my own AE86 will come soon..
4A-C ohhh yeaaaaahh xD
dac_0305

454 posts [100%]
Kent WA

Nice video bro. Your car is a BEAST!!!
zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

Re: (dac_0305) » Reply  Edit

Thanks guys the car is much more fun after the regear too 3.9 and alil more suspension tweaking.
hecdws

643 posts [99%]
bloomfield nj

nice work man i think im gonna do that s13 stuff on my te talking to jdmwill about it.

if your on the right coast click these links
http://www.ectoyotas.com
http://www.clubloose.com
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=81180
zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

Re: (hecdws) » Reply  Edit

Best thing that can happen to the front of a corolla!
sercho

22 posts [100%]
Los Angeles CA

» Reply  Edit

Hey if you don't mind the question, how much did you spend on the build? that's a man's corolla, nice job
marley4us

649 posts [97%]
somewhere ca

Re: (sercho) » Reply  Edit

balls omg

zudog1

1197 posts [96%]
chesapeake va

Re: (sercho) » Reply  Edit

Ok well heres a little run down kinda floating through the whole build.
It started as a 500.00 dollar beat chassis that was handed down through friends, I wanted a car to toss ideas at and to test on track R&D and see how cheap you can build a decent corolla, nothing serious just more of a side project. Sold the factory LSD gear set for 350.00 and a set of 4ag hks cam gears for 250 it came with so I made 100 off the car. It had quarter damage and i had to cut it up anyway so i got over fenders, they overs were 100.00 off ebay some off brand but looked legit. First set of wheels were bought from a co worker for 200 15x8-alot and 15x10-omg centerlines, Sold the 15x10 pair for 200.00 then used the 200 too purchase 15x8 mustang wheels off ebay for 150.00 Got them redrilled for 75.00 so 100.00 in wheels. Found1 extra stance cartridge local for 50.00 the other was 100.00new, collars Free 9k springs from my roommate tophats camber plate and collars for 300.000 so 450 in full coilovers front, 90.00 run to the local picknpull for s13 knuckles LCAs and 300z calipers. Welded a kouki open diff. i had and tossed that in, drooped 50 on the original 4ag motor, that blew really fast, spent way too much $$$$ on 4AG maddness Second kit setup is 650.00.WEIR rear diff setup 800ish, vqswap was 4k with almost all AN lines and lotta name brand stuff lightly used and a 900dollar motor 500 trans 1000 in harness/ecu mod. 480 for aluminum driveshaft, used trd springs from japan 30.00 qa1 shocks 100.00, used meisters from japan 900.00, Setrab oilcooler 25.00, damaged vented hood for 100.00 i fixed and made the vent taller, aero catches 50.00 race seat and harness 180.00 used made my own Hydro ebrake setup for 120.00, Love Sunny tires atm and they are cheap and drift amazing last forever smoke and CHEAP! paint was maybe 550.00 in materials now. Im sure Im missing all types of$$$$ here and there so lets say another 3k comes to about 7.5kish if you dont count the extra 3k. not too bad and kinda on a budget.
 First  < 1 2 3 >  Last

» Return to Shop Cars (Featured Build-Up Logs) & Personal Buildup Logs