Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 AE86 Festival - Okayama, Japan [Archived]
Author Post
jekichu

588 posts [99%]
Los Angeles CA

AE86 Festival - Okayama, Japan Reply  Edit

Anyone planning on attending this year?

http://www.okayama-international-circuit.jp/

I'll be heading out to Japan for work and plan on taking a detour and head over to the event and enjoy the races, take some pics, and snag some parts.

Need to check out new AE86 technologies like this

85 AE86 GTS Hatch RHD
86 AE86 GTS Hatch
02 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon
01 Lexus IS300

Rock the 'Rok Bee'

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: AE86 Festival - Okayama, Japan (jekichu) » Reply  Edit

New Technology....DIY Cardboard Cooling Panel!! (j/k)

I wish I could go to this event but, Okayama is little far and I already have a plan for 09.25.
As of 1400 09.21 local time in Tokyo, we are under huge typhoon.
I hope it did not left damage in Okayama as well.

I am looking forward to your full report on this event.

Sideglide

2225 posts [92%]

Re: AE86 Festival - Okayama, Japan (AE86Kai) » Reply  Edit

I also cant make it out, way too far for me. I will be in the Osaka area for a day next week so I might see about hitting some of the "local" shops. In 2 weeks expect a TEC-ARTS thread..
AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: AE86 Festival - Okayama, Japan (Sideglide) » Reply  Edit

Sideglide, I hope you were safe from the previous typhoon.
Have fun in Osaka and I am looking forward to your full report...!
jekichu

588 posts [99%]
Los Angeles CA

Got back a little earlier than expected this evening from the event. Unfortunately, I didn't get to check out the last heat of the Time Attack - if someone can find out the results, that'd be great. The TEC ARTS car was running CRAZY fast all day long.

So...where to begin.

I'm in the midst of touring Asia for work and my 86 friends on mixi have been bugging me to stop by and visit. I decided to take a quick detour and head back to AE86 Festival and partake in what I believe is the biggest celebration of our cars. Spent a night in the city of Okayama enjoying the quieter, more laid lifestyle of Japan.

Decided to head over to the event on my own since I wanted to do some local sightseeing and enjoy the surroundings of Okayama ujo...

I've been asked before, so I'll lay out directions for those interested in visiting and do not plan on having a car to drive...

Directions to Okayama TI from Okayama JR Station (Bus Center):

Take 宇野 (Uno) bus @ stop #12 (in JR station) that head towards 林野駅 Station (Hayashi no Eki) - you'll get off beforehand at 福本 (Fukumoto) - It's about 960 yen each way and about an hour long.

You'll then look for a タクシ (taxi) house (it's literally someone's house) on the left, after exiting the bus. They'll be happy to drive you over to the circuit. It's about 15-20 min and 3800 yen.

Save about 2000 yen for parking by just walking through the gate.

Hopefully you'll be lucky enough to make friends and have them drive you back down the mountain to wherever it is your staying.

Little did I know, that this was kinda a special occasion given that its the Okayama TI's 20th Anniversary in conjunction with AE86 Festival.

Seemed like a bit smaller turn out than what I've seen in the past...probably attributed to both the recent Typhoon, economy, and date change. There was at least 600 in attendance with plenty of racing, events, food, and giveaways throughout the day for the entire family. Still, its a really nice event, very close knit community and extremely well run.

Word of advice - if your looking for that hard to find part and it doesn't seem to pop up on Yahoo Japan, I'd suggest coming here to look for it. Unlike HachiRock (I could be wrong), there's a ton of companies that attend the event and continue to support the 86 platform: TRD, Toda, Carland, UpGarage, Impulse, Nobybooth, etc. // They won't have or bring everything, but what they do have will be a crazy bargain.

Events:
- Time Attack
- D1 Driver exhibition
- "Parade of Pandas" - at least that's what I'm calling it

What I like about this event is that its a mix of show and race...but more informal. The paddock is completely open to guests.

The only foreigner (non-asian) I saw...he's a photographer for an Australian mag based in Tokyo. Crazy guy, he drove his motorcycle down the whole way.

OK...who sold their ride to Japan?

This was my favorite of the day...

Parade of Pandas...

I saw Takumi hop into another car...basterd left his girlfriend all alone...

Parking lots...

Modified by jekichu at 10:52 PM 9/25/2011

85 AE86 GTS Hatch RHD
86 AE86 GTS Hatch
01 Lexus IS300

Rock the 'Rok Bee'

jekichu

588 posts [99%]
Los Angeles CA

Stickers and other oddities...

looked like she was going to some cougar bar...

I found Bumblebee...he's safe and hiding from the Decepticons

Hope you guys enjoyed - I bought an extra event T-shirt that I figured someone might want. It'll go on sale later.

Btw - Japanese Yen =

I'll also throw up up the video when I get back home.

85 AE86 GTS Hatch RHD
86 AE86 GTS Hatch
01 Lexus IS300

Rock the 'Rok Bee'

AE86Kai
Global Moderator

6773 posts [100%]
Tokyo, JAPAN

Great report.
Thank you for sharing nice photos, too.
AZNWOKZ
WOK Moderator

2081 posts [100%]
CT

You always know how to show it. Thanks Jerry!

Pretty neat of EINHANDER Decal. I so remember that Squaresoft game. I use to have that figure model.
Also the Dolls on the passenger seats got me LOL.

http://www.ectoyotas.com
Are you from the East Coast? If so,Please join

∧,,∧
 (;`・ω・)  。・゚・⌒) チャーハン作るよ!!
 /   o━ヽニニフ))
 しー-J
MOKKORI to the max =)
WOK WOK WOK!!!! :P
Club4ag is like a World wide Swap Meet,I Keep coming back.Community :thumbup:

Akito

263 posts [100%]
SoCal CA

» Reply  Edit

Beautiful! thank you for posting !!!!!!!!!

:D Einhander for playstation we still have the game!

=^-^=

c99ae86

604 posts [100%]
SF Bay Area

Re: (Akito) » Reply  Edit

great pics, seems like theres no love for silver 86's though. gotta love the usdm 86 with mississippi plates.

whats that lil sunroof thingy on that one pic?

Jeonsah

1814 posts [95%]
Co

» Reply  Edit

awesome pictures!

WTB AE86 Best Motoring International Vol. 42. Pm if you have it!
Jinsoku

5127 posts [100%]
NORCAL/Maxwell AFB Alabama

» Reply  Edit

funny seeing a gts from mississippi!!

looked like fun, i really have to make it to one of these!!!!

green tea kit kat and mochi...
Deuce Cam

1029 posts [100%]
Chandler AZ

Re: (c99ae86) » Reply  Edit

c99ae86 - looks like a jdm impreza STI spec c roof vent.

Parts for sale:

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=99639

» Return to Club4AG - FUN TALK