Included Logo Page

The Old CLUB4AG FORUM ARCHIVE

For reference only, all new posts and communications should be posted in the new forums at http://club4ag.com/forums

My Profile | Active Users | Member List | Search

Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help
 ae86 4age 16v trd ecu help
Author Post
runfree

23 posts [100%]
dungarvan eire

ae86 4age 16v trd ecu help Reply  Edit

hi everyone,im after purchasing a trd ecu for my jdm ae86 trueno,i opened it up and theres three little switches and it and there a dial beside it with 10 settings im just wondering can anyone tell me what these are?? ill try to get up pics soon any help or advice with these ecu"s would be great

oldeskewltoy

13133 posts [99%]
Portland

» Reply  Edit

http://www.google.com/search?q...h=581

might be a few links in here....

Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/ USE it!

I've been wrong before... and at somepoint in time, I'll be wrong again

Davegt27

1305 posts [99%]

Re: ae86 4age 16v trd ecu help (runfree) » Reply  Edit

they are for different motors

photobucket resized the pics so they are almost useless

Davegt27
Code One Racing (C1R)

runfree

23 posts [100%]
dungarvan eire

Re: ae86 4age 16v trd ecu help (Davegt27) » Reply  Edit

if only this was english haha but thank you very very much i wonder what does the small page say?? its way to small to see
Davegt27

1305 posts [99%]

I donít know

I canít find the book right now, but I never knew what it said anyway

Davegt27
Code One Racing (C1R)

jondee86
Reggae Rules...

4374 posts [96%]
Wellington, NZ

That TRD ECU usually came with the remote box for adjusting fuel and ignition
settings. The ECU itself was designed for use with TRD Group A spec engines i.e.
designed to work with a specific set of TRD hardware in the engine. There were
settings to suit a range of TRD spec Toyota engines.

Pretty old technology now. Should still work, but you can probably get more out
of a modern ECU. And a modern ECU has fully adjustable fuel and ignition maps,
whereas the TRD ECU only tweaks the base maps plus or minus across the board.

Cheers... jondee86

jondee86 has been a member for 735,126 days.

Give a person a fish, they eat for a day. Suggest they search before posting, and they learn a skill for a lifetime.

runfree

23 posts [100%]
dungarvan eire

Re: ae86 4age 16v trd ecu help (jondee86) » Reply  Edit

ya i have the adjustable box and i know what each adjustable dial is for i was just wondering did anyone know what the switches on the inside were for,i got the ecu for handy enough cash so i said id purchase it,and its handy for running cams cos my oem ecu wont idle right with them but this one is idling good on them so far thanks for all your help
jondee86
Reggae Rules...

4374 posts [96%]
Wellington, NZ

I think the dip switches on the inside were for selecting what engine it was
going to be installed on. I'll see if I have a note of it when I get home.

Cheers... jondee86

Give a person a fish, they eat for a day. Suggest they search before posting, and they learn a skill for a lifetime.

jondee86
Reggae Rules...

4374 posts [96%]
Wellington, NZ

Re: ae86 4age 16v trd ecu help (jondee86) » Reply  Edit

Here ya go...

Quote »
Please set the Dip Switch and Rotary Switch in compliance with the type of engine

AE86 (4AGE) Dip1 = ON, Dip2 =OFF, Dip3 = OFF, Rotary Switch = 0

If you have an EP71 or EP71-T the settings are different, but since you have a 4AGE
there is no point in listing them.

Cheers... jondee86

Grant

3656 posts [86%]
San Jose ca

» Reply  Edit

I saw one of these TRD ecu's on one of Taka Aono's cars. It looked pretty 90's tuner ish which I loved.

Stand Alone ECU tuning. Message me for details.

Looking to buy a corolla manual rack and a TRD 3 gear transmission.
*also wtb 4 point roll cage/bar for ae86 coupe

runfree

23 posts [100%]
dungarvan eire

Re: (Grant) » Reply  Edit

thanks for all the info guys ,supose someone wouldnt know can i run 45mm trottle bodys on this ecu since i can adjust the timing and fueling???
ae101rulez

10 posts [100%]
Birmingham

Re: (runfree) » Reply  Edit

Hi there, I purchased the exact similar ECU hoping to run it in a 2e turbo starlet. The ECU came straight from a 4age engine. Could I just plug it in and hope that magically it runs? Finger crossing
ae101rulez

10 posts [100%]
Birmingham

Re: (ae101rulez) » Reply  Edit

Hi Guys,

this is the ecu I purchased.

parrot

1 posts [100%]
Melbourne Vic

Re: ae86 4age 16v trd ecu help (Davegt27) » Reply  Edit

DaveGT27, I've PM'd you I think. Long time since I was active here and the forum has changed somewhat!

My reading of the TRD Bible tells me I need 250cc injectors with this ECU. Does anyone know if they need to be high or low impedence?

KE15 Sprinter SL
KE25 (to be 3TG TE27)
AE86 4AGE GTV

» Return to General Technical Discussions